Nfl 2012

Marshall

Reaction score
Understand your point. Its just like the tuck rule that one the patriots the play off game or was it the Superbowl a few years back. I understand refs blow calls all the time. One of the contributing factors to the instant replay system.

Ya, good example there too (though Jig would disagree), and that was about a big as game as you can get. Hell, go back to the 1972 Steelers-Raiders "Immaculate Reception" divisional playoff game. Another knowingly horrible call that caused a rule change (can catch and advance a tipped pass).

The media and fans were out of control about these replacement refs. They were acceptable. As far as Monday night, by the "rule" the catch was correctly given to the Seachicken receiver. What should have been called that wasn't, was the obvious offensive pass interference that would've wiped it out.

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wonder what is going to happen when the 'real' refs blow a call? Shit happens. Funny...in the elevator at work, a GB fan was like, the refs cost us that game...and I said, really? The NINE sacks they gave up had nothing to do with it? I got a nasty look....oh well, what can you do?

Im interested in seeing how the 49ers bounce back this week @ NYJ? But, they play at 1pm (10am for them)...I havent seen the stats in a long time, but I recall 'hearing' that the west coast teams dont fare too well playing 1pm games on the east coast. We shall see.

Big game here for the Skins @ TB. RG3 took some big shots last week while running the option...hopefully they make some adjustments there.

-s

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Actually...just heard the 49ers stayed in Ohio (worst state ever) this week after losing to the Vikings instead of having to make another cross-country trip. Smart (well, I guess we will see if that works out). And, Revis is out too....hmmm..

-s

Marshall

Reaction score
Ya, a big test for the 49ers. They should win. A loss to go 2-2 will hurt if Arizona and/or Seattle win and go 4-0.

Bucs - Redskins is an interesting game. If my dark horse 'Skins are going to make a run at it, this is a MUST WIN game ! Same with the Chiefs hosting the Chargers. A loss by either team and my dark horses are finished (except maybe KC in that weak division).

Reaction score
I am in no way a packers fan but that was a blown call by the refs the saints clearly fumbled the ball before they were down but the packers were out of challenges. Houston and Atalanta look good as well as Arizona and ofcourse San Francisco all look very good we'll see later on Houston seems to be injury prone and have a hard time protecting there QB. If I was a betting man I'd put my money on one of those four to win the Superbowl this year. I work nights so I don't get to watch all the games.

Marshall

Reaction score
Jets were/are pitiful. Not surprised. Sporano was a dope in Miami and is a dope now with the Jets. Ryan needed to find an offensive guru coach, not bring in someone from the old buddy system. I don't think switching to Tebow will help, but if they mix it up more, it will help.

My dark horse Chiefs aren't very good. Oh well. Chargers and Broncos will fight for the AFC West it looks like. Redskins pulled out a late win after letting a lead slip away. Giants lost, Cowboys lost, so that division will be up for grabs.

Houston and Atlanta are for real. Arizona got lucky against the Dolphins (who actually should be 3-1).

Be interesting to see what happens the next 4 weeks. That will shape up the race for the playoffs.

Marshall

Reaction score
Just a note to say I HATE Nike, and I HATE the new style of jerseys. How gay is the new trend of putting the secondary color on the white jersey so that it looks like a "collared" shirt. HORRIBLE. Bring me the striped sleeves of the 70's (like the Bears home navy or Cowboys home white) and just a regular, nice looking jersey.

NFL jersey.jpg

jig

Reaction score
Game of the week: Pat and Broncos, this should be a killer game. Brady and Manning both coming off a couple great games last week, they both looked hotter then hell! My Pats losing Hernandez the first week didn't do much for me, or Brady..but the Gronk kept us alive. :)

Marshall

Reaction score
Not a lot of big games on the schedule for week 5. I don't think the Pats will have trouble with the Broncos. The Raiders have the worst pass defense in the league. Big Ben was unstoppable against them in week 3, the Raiders just got lucky, got a turnover and put up some late points. Didn't surprise me that Manning put up some big numbers at home against them last week. I look for the Pats to win easily, by at least 10-14+ and Manning will only get his numbers during garbage time.

My Skins will probably drop to 2-3. There defense is poor and the Falcons "should" chew them up. Only hope is to steal a few takeaways and not turn the ball over themselves. The only good thing is that 3-1 Philly is in Pittsburgh, so hopefully the Steelers will win and the Redskins will stay only 1 game back at 2-3 if they lose.

Saints season will be over with a loss at home to the Chargers.

Reaction score
Can't wait for Monday night football. I would like to see Denver upset the pats. Tennessee and New England are not my favorite teams to say the least. Until Dallas trades romo they're gonna continue to lose he's such a horrible quarterback.

Marshall

Reaction score
Romo is a good QB, he's just not a game changer. He needs a great defense and a solid running game to succeed. If he has to throw 40 times every game, the Cowboys won't be a good team.

Marshall

Reaction score
Pretty much played out as it should this week outside of the Colts stealing one from the Packers. Are the Colts good, or the Packers not as dominant? Even though they got a tough call and a loss in Seattle. Seattle still played toe to toe with the Packers. I think they've came down a notch.

Redskins looked much better against the Falcons, even though a loss. If they had held on, they'd be tied for first. Still salvageable in the NFC East, but I think they are a year or two away from being a top level NFC team.

Who would've thought the NFC West teams would be 14-6 ! This from a division where no one was even .500 2 years ago.

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Skins held tight with the Falcons. It was only a matter of time before RG3 took a big hit...He needs to figure that out quickly (slide or get out of bounds). I agree...another year or so for them. But, still up for grabs if they can play well in their Div games.

-s

Reaction score
Close one tonight jets trying to go for the upset. If it wasn't for the Texans defense I think they woulda lost.

Marshall

Reaction score
Jets played hard, Sanchez made some good throws, but not enough of them. Tebow threw one long pass early, RIGHT ON THE NUMBERS AND IN STRIDE and the receiver (some guy I never heard of) let it bounce off of his hands.

Again, the Jets have no game plan offensively. No concept of mixing in Tebow with Sanchez. They let Tebow run the same option play once or twice and if he doesn't move the chains with every touch, then Sanchez comes in and throws a couple of incompletions and they punt.

I'll say it again. Sporano was an idiot in Miami and has proved himself uncreative, inept and an idiot with the Jets. Ryan made a mistake by hiring a buddy and not someone who could put in an offense that will work. It cost them the season.

Tebow can be a great regular option in an offense to keep the defense guessing, but he has to be used at least 1/3 of the time. The Jets have proven that they just wanted to sign him to sell jerseys and create extra media attention for the team. Too bad.

Actually the Broncos should've kept him. He would be a great mix with Manning, who can't move more than a few steps.

Marshall

Reaction score
Big win for the Redskins at home. Tough 2 weeks or so coming up for them, @ NYG and @ PIT. It'd be nice steal a win from one of those games, then beat Carolina and go in to their bye 5-4. They're going to have to pull off 2 big upsets to take a shot at the division though.

Big win for Seattle against the Pats (sorry Jig). Boy, Russell Wilson really made some good throws down the field. Have to say I'm impressed.

Dolphins could easily be 5-1. I'm still not sold, but they appear to be a much improved team. The O line is better with Martin @ RT (drafted out of Stanford). Still a solid "D", and Tannehill is better than I thought he'd be. He keeps his cool and makes some good throws.

Marshall

Reaction score
Some big games this week. Baltimore @ Houston. We'll see who's establishing supremacy in the AFC.

Tough game, but a must win for the Redskins @ NYG if they want to contend for the East title.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati, almost a must have game for the Steelers, same for the Lions @ Chicago.

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Baltimore/Houston...the only two teams in the AFC with a winning record. That is ridiculous. Baltimore has some huge injury concerns on defense...it will be interesting to see if the find a way to get it done.

And the Skins...man, can they make a statement today. This is their first divisional matchup...with 6 of their last 10 against Div foes. Brutal stretch here...but, it 'could' start today.

-s

Marshall

Reaction score
Almost happened for the 'Skins. I'm disappointed. But like I said, I think a year away from the playoffs, 2 away from a deep run into the playoffs. Gives them a chance to draft a few key players, make a couple of signings, RGIII will gain experience.

Houston made a statement, especially their defense, for sure.

Marshall

Reaction score
Tough loss for Dallas. Got to get back to basics, holding on to the ball. Doesn't matter if you throw for 5,000 yards if you go 8-8.

Redskins defense is a shambles. Steelers dinked them to death. Poor tackling, couldn't create any turnovers. They have a lot of injuries, but they're going to have to focus on getting a big time wideout and some defensive help in the off-season. Shoring up the O-line too.

Dolphins destroyed the Jets. As hard as it is to imagine, they could easily be 6-1. Getting rid of that idiot Sporano and dumping him on a division rival was the best thing they could've ever done. Barring a late season run, Ryan and crew will probably be gone in NY. Gotta win baby.

New Threads