New member looking to learn

Reaction score
Hi.

New member. First time being a member of a forum site.

44 Year old man. Only been lifting seriously for about 3 1/2 years. On TRT and have lots of questions. Looking for advice from people with experience. Am I at the right place?

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
There is a lot of experience here. Welcome . What are your stats and goals?

Reaction score
Ht: 6ft
Wt: 225
No clue on body fat%.

Goals? I keep going back and forth on just wanting to be fit and healthy and wanting to be an absolute monster.

Mainly just trying to continue to keep up with all the young bucks that I work with....want them to continue to see me as someone who is a competent, useful and dangerous individual. As soon as they view me as no longer dangerous and effective....it will be time for me to retire. Not ready for that.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Ht: 6ft
Wt: 225
No clue on body fat%.

Goals? I keep going back and forth on just wanting to be fit and healthy and wanting to be an absolute monster.

Mainly just trying to continue to keep up with all the young bucks that I work with....want them to continue to see me as someone who is a competent, useful and dangerous individual. As soon as they view me as no longer dangerous and effective....it will be time for me to retire. Not ready for that.

Fair enough. What do you bench. squat and deadlift? Any questions you have can be made into a thread in the right section and more then likely someone will chime in soon enough.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh you are definitely at the right place.

Reaction score
Listen to Snake, he's the "grand ol man" here...and a wealth of knowledge

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Monster is a good way to go.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG. Get strong as ****. So at least if the young guys beat you down at work you can take em outside and beat them into the pavement.

Plus strength precedes all other aspects. You can be healthy and the strongest you have ever been.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board brother. This is a great place to learn. You sound like you'll fit in well here...

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.
As far as my big3....
PR bench: 320
PR dead: 435
PR squat: 415
These were all about a year ago. Switched routines to a lighter/higher rep routine right after these PR's. I can't push as much weight now and that is pissing me off. I have really only been lifting seriously since about 40.

I agree with the "strength proceeded all other aspects" comment except for one thing. I do think one thing is even more important....being the meaner guy. That's where I know I have all my young coworkers beet. A few of them may be faster or more agile but most of them have never really had to work hard for anything. They have that whole sense of entitlement thing going. I am getting even crankier the older I get. Sometimes I'll snap at one of them and they look like they need to go find a safe space. Haha.

Can anyone tell me how to upload a photo to my profile?

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
If you are looking to learn you came to the right place. Lots of knowledge around here. Good group of dudes.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to upload a photo to my profile?

1. On the top right click settings

2. On the lower left under My Setting click edit profile picture

3. Click the choose file option to the right of option 2

4. Click the picture you want then click open

5. Click save changes

Under the Edit Profile Picture you will see Edit Avatar (use the same steps for that) the Avatar is the one that shows up in all the threads.

Nice 2 Meet U

Reaction score
1. On the top right click settings

2. On the lower left under My Setting click edit profile picture

3. Click the choose file option to the right of option 2

4. Click the picture you want then click open

5. Click save changes

Under the Edit Profile Picture you will see Edit Avatar (use the same steps for that) the Avatar is the one that shows up in all the threads.

Nice 2 Meet U
Awesome. Thank you. Looks like you are not terribly far from my old stomping grounds.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to ug

Runningwild

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome man, you have definitely come to the right place... glad to have you here

New Threads