about bloodwork

andy

Elite
Reaction score
how often would you do your check up's ? once every 3 month, twice a year?

and what would you be looking for:

ofcourse the full bloodwork like hemoglobin, white blood, erythrocytes, platelets

what else - ALAT ,ASAT and Test.

cholesterol? creatine kinase ? urine analysis?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do it every 3 months; more frequently if there is something going on or if I've changed a variable in my supplementation that I want to check in on.

CBC, Estradiol , Testosterone, Lipids I always check, but may add others things such as SHBG, thyroid, or prolactin if I'm investigating something.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

322000 Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
303756 Lipid Panel
005009 CBC With Differential/Platelet

140103 Testosterone,Free and Total
004515 Estradiol

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
For my Dr. 1-2x/yr.
CBC, CMP, PSA, Lipids, TT and E2, D-DIMER

For me, one pre cycle and one 4-5 weeks in
CBC, CMP, TT and E2

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

322000 Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
303756 Lipid Panel
005009 CBC With Differential/Platelet

140103 Testosterone,Free and Total
004515 Estradiol

Nothing like black on black.......hahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

andy

Elite
Reaction score
right...

Estradiol
Testosteron
Lipid
CBC

and once in 3 or 4 month. could I get away with that.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
right...

Estradiol
Testosteron
Lipid
CBC

and once in 3 or 4 month. could I get away with that.

I'd add CMP to that and consider it the minimum and what you get done on a regular basis. If this is your baseline blood work that you're taking prior to beginning to cycle, however, you may want to consider adding other items so that you know what is "normal" for you.

I'll admit, I'm cheap with a lot of things, but money spent on blood work is always money well spent. It helps you learn a lot about your body and how it reacts when you change your variables.

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I get a full metabolic panel 2-3 times per year. That has everything on there. The only thing you have to add is any additional hormones you would like to test like testosterone, e2, prolactin, etc....

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well guys I got lucky,my prolactin was high and my Endo prescribes caber for me to get it down and have me 6 refills! Man I’m pumped lol! And it’s actually cheap from the pharmacy now I went back last week and it was still normal but I asked could I keep taking it because of sexual positive sides and she gave me more refills! Just thought I’d share

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I can't convince most doctors here to test my e2 because in the book that sits on their desk it says that e2 is a female hormone and I am not female.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't convince most doctors here to test my e2 because in the book that sits on their desk it says that e2 is a female hormone and I am not female.

Well I’ve been through at least 4 different endos that refused to test my E2,very sad deal

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well guys I got lucky,my prolactin was high and my Endo prescribes caber for me to get it down and have me 6 refills! Man I’m pumped lol! And it’s actually cheap from the pharmacy now I went back last week and it was still normal but I asked could I keep taking it because of sexual positive sides and she gave me more refills! Just thought I’d share

What did your endo attribute the high prolactin to if he/she wasn’t checking your e2?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...had my hormones blood test and my “test” amount taken today ...excited to see results...and I do my bloods through my Dr.’s:32 (17):

What is a normal panel for you? I am trying to convince my wife to do a blood panel but have no idea what a normal panel is for women....any suggestions beyond what is standard for the guys?

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What did your endo attribute the high prolactin to if he/she wasn’t checking your e2?

No not was normal,I was taking a medication that increases prolactin,it was an antidepressant type med,that raises levels,I’ve always kept my E levels pretty good shape,but a lot of antidepressant meds will raise the prolactin so have to read and make sure they don’t,I was surprised really

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Not trying to be funny.

But can't brain tumors cause that?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is a normal panel for you? I am trying to convince my wife to do a blood panel but have no idea what a normal panel is for women....any suggestions beyond what is standard for the guys?

Ok, this is the deal that I'm doing:

1. Mentioned many times that I'm lucky my Dr. as he is a GP and a hormone Dr.....

2. I'm 50 and since I dropped my TRT at the end of January...I still feel great...but want to know what my test level is now (only major thing is I have calmed the fuuuuck down, which I am very happy about) Need to know how to move forward with my Dr. on this again with the proper amount I want to take and not pay a fuuuucking fortune!!

3. Now, the hormone tests are the proper tests done for "menopause" and I have no idea all the things he is looking at but of course the main things they test for menopause is the
case in that blood test...when I get results, I'll let you know what he tested...:) The only thing I am feeling that might be a "menopause" issue since I stopped the TRT is "Hot Flashes" as they call them...but mine aren't that bad...I'd say "Warm Flashes" LOL...Not going through anything else that I know of but will find out soon!

That's about it at this stage for me....:32 (20):

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is the deal that I'm doing:

1. Mentioned many times that I'm lucky my Dr. as he is a GP and a hormone Dr.....

2. I'm 50 and since I dropped my TRT at the end of January...I still feel great...but want to know what my test level is now (only major thing is I have calmed the fuuuuck down, which I am very happy about) Need to know how to move forward with my Dr. on this again with the proper amount I want to take and not pay a fuuuucking fortune!!

3. Now, the hormone tests are the proper tests done for "menopause" and I have no idea all the things he is looking at but of course the main things they test for menopause is the
case in that blood test...when I get results, I'll let you know what he tested...:) The only thing I am feeling that might be a "menopause" issue since I stopped the TRT is "Hot Flashes" as they call them...but mine aren't that bad...I'd say "Warm Flashes" LOL...Not going through anything else that I know of but will find out soon!

That's about it at this stage for me....:32 (20):

Yeah, if you don’t mind, I would love to know what he tests for. My wife is having some stuff go on that might be hormonal and I would be curious to know what “menopause “ tests look like.