First Pin Pain And Lump After 4 Days

Reaction score
Hello,

I started my Test E cycle Monday.

I pinned Monday evening, 300mg/1ml Test.

I injected in my Glute using a 23G 1.25” needle, all the way in.

I injected over about 10 seconds.

Slightly conceding though as we are now on Thursday and there is still a pain in my left Glute, where I injected, the Glute is really firm too.

Is this normal?

I didn’t aspire, which I will now do in future. How long would you leave it before doing something?

Is there a potential that I didn’t go far enough into the muscle, or went too far, I’m around 20% BF.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Normal, esp if this is your first cycle or first time pinning that area. Just on TRT i had pip for a few days since they were all virgin muscles. Give it another day or 2, if it starts getting red or you start having other symptoms then id get it checked. That could mean a dirty pinn or just dirty gear.

Reaction score
Thanks.

I did use new needles, one to draw and one to I inject, I then wiped the area on my skin before I injecting.

Is it normal for it to feel bruised and hurt to sit down from your first pin?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I did use new needles, one to draw and one to I inject, I then wiped the area on my skin before I injecting.

Is it normal for it to feel bruised and hurt to sit down from your first pin?

Yes. If you're anything like me, the first time you pinned your hand was shaky and you slightly tensed the muscle. It happens. The time to get nervous is if it gets red, swollen, and hot, which means infection.

By the way, give us an update. In your first post you said you were 194lbs and 28% bodyfat. Where are you now?

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hot dish towel rolled up for compress on lump

Reaction score
Thanks dude, I’m 198lbs, 21% BF.

12 week cycle, Test E 500mg EE, Dbol 50mg ED for 4 weeks, then weeks 8-12 60mg Anavar.

Aim is 230lbs :)

I was meant to pin today but this lump and pain has put me off ��

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe next time massage the muscle after the injection to move the oil around. Try not to move the pin a lot during the injection too.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Given the facts, your first time, 300mg/ml gear, getting pip would have been a bet I would have made. Things will smooth out.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
1) might be u pinning too deep. I'm using shorter needles
2) I had same thing first time - "virgin muscle"
3) massage the place of pinning afterwards the way as muscle go.
4) try doing it first day at the morning, your daily activities will make the oil to move all times so it will absorb better. Don't ever pin yourself before sleep. lol i Heard crazy stories.
5) as for now , u could apply some hot compress to force the blood move a bit faster (hot towel, apply heath on that spot?)
6) pre-heat your oil for 5 minutes to make liquid to flow easier.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First time u pin u move alot , it happens, the more u pin it gets easier. Welcome papa to the club

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
The first weeks suck...man up..at one time I had a giant knot in both glutes..both delts...had to pin tricep..and you guessed it..a giant knot..after a while you won’t get any pip at all.

Battletoad

Reaction score
I know it can be worrisome initially, just make sure you're following good injection protocol. Similar to what others have said, you're going to have sore muscles for awhile until your body gets used to it. Also, make sure the bevel of the needle is facing up, and you're going in as perpendicular to the muscle as possible. You'll find that some spots are more sensitive than others, as well. Best of luck, man.

Reaction score
I think it’s the gear, tried another brand today and someone else jabbed in my other Glute, no issues, meanwhile other Glute, is still red, warm and swollen from Monday jab.

Using GenTech Test E 300. Moved to another brand now.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I know it can be worrisome initially, just make sure you're following good injection protocol. Similar to what others have said, you're going to have sore muscles for awhile until your body gets used to it. Also, make sure the bevel of the needle is facing up, and you're going in as perpendicular to the muscle as possible. You'll find that some spots are more sensitive than others, as well. Best of luck, man.

Bevel facing up? I know what that means, but why do it?