Fish diet

Oblivious

Reaction score
SO I recently switched to eating mainly fish and vegetables
now when I say eat fish I mean talpia and salmon
around 1000 calories worth of salmon and some 1000 worth of talpia
and 2 protien shakes of 250 each shake so my total is like 2500
added 500 on top of random stuff that I eat, because I need the carbs or ill pass out in the gym
Im currently back down to 204( water free, i took lasix a few days ago to check)
Im 5"11
Also I am on 500mg of test, 0.5 Adex 3 times weekly and 1000 IU's of HCG'

I noticed that my weight is still going up while my fat is melting off like ice
do you guys think its anything about the fish ?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
The answer is no. You are not losing weight because you are eating more fish. You are losing weight because you are eating less than your maintenance calories. You could eat pork, chicken or beef and get the same weight lose.

PS: Taking lasix just to keep your water gain in check is careless. Diuretics are not something to play with, especially to counter the effects of your self inflicted water gains. Use an AI.

Oblivious

Reaction score
The answer is no. You are not losing weight because you are eating more fish. You are losing weight because you are eating less than your maintenance calories. You could eat pork, chicken or beef and get the same weight lose.

PS: Taking lasix just to keep your water gain in check is careless. Diuretics are not something to play with, especially to counter the effects of your self inflicted water gains. Use an AI.
Ive used it maybe twice, its not a regular thing

Oblivious

Reaction score

Again Im not losing weight, im gaining, My weight still goes up but granted slower, but I noticed my fat is melting off.
I was thinking maybe its the lack of carbs in the fish, maybe its driving me into ketosis
It feels like i cant eat way more fish than any other meat, yet get way more calories out of, and no matter how much of it I eat I still wake up a bt leaner the next day

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Again Im not losing weight, im gaining, My weight still goes up but granted slower, but I noticed my fat is melting off.
I was thinking maybe its the lack of carbs in the fish, maybe its driving me into ketosis
It feels like i cant eat way more fish than any other meat, yet get way more calories out of, and no matter how much of it I eat I still wake up a bt leaner the next day

Yes it's the lack of carbs in the fish as opposed to the abundance of them in chicken and beef. Definitely drove you into ketosis. For sure.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

You are eating vegetables and getting carbs. You are not in ketosis. I am guessing that you looked at the keto diet for 2 minutes and self diagnosed yourself as being in ketosis. Dig a little deeper and you will understand how you are not.

The answer is still no. You are not losing fat because of your increase in fish consumption.

You have a lot to learn but I am not the first here to tell you that.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tilapia isnt even a real fish.....:32 (18):
Thats a poor mans choice of fake fish
When was the last time u heard a fisherman say lets go catch some tilapia???? Never, u wont find it in a sea or lake.....

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You’re current Mr. Olympia is pretty big on tilapia, “thins the skin”...

He gets ridiculed for it too.

hmm, is your name Phil by chance?

(I don’t eat much fish but I wish I did. I do believe humans have such a long history with it that we have to have a special place for it biologically - who knows..)

Last edited:

Chillinlow

Reaction score
2000 calories of just fish is a ton you realize right around 18 fillets that would equal

i highly doubt you are consuming that much fish

if you are it’s deep fried or breaded etc and thats going to be more carbs then protein and really just a shit diet if that’s the case

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
You are also going to have huge issues with Mercury if you eat salmon daily dum dum

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You are also going to have huge issues with Mercury if you eat salmon daily dum dum

Depends on the type of salmon and source, but definitely a concern!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
You’re current Mr. Olympia is pretty big on tilapia, “thins the skin”...

He gets ridiculed for it too.

hmm, is your name Phil by chance?

(I don’t eat much fish but I wish I did. I do believe humans have such a long history with it that we have to have a special place for it biologically - who knows..)

There is a connection between humans and fish for as long as humans have existed, couldn't explain it, but its there. Got to agree with FD, Talapia are considered an invasive species in most parts of the world. They are massively easy, and cheap to raise from an aquaculture prospective, hence the market being flooded with them.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
There is a connection between humans and fish for as long as humans have existed, couldn't explain it, but its there. Got to agree with FD, Talapia are considered an invasive species in most parts of the world. They are massively easy, and cheap to raise from an aquaculture prospective, hence the market being flooded with them.

We fished for them in dirty canals when I was a kid. I just think of stagnant water when I think about eating them now.

New Threads