Fish diet

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
We fished for them in dirty canals when I was a kid. I just think of stagnant water when I think about eating them now.

Talking about nasty water, yeah me and my brother used to go fishing every day we got the chance at a pond in the cow pasture behind our house. I could never stand the taste of fish, looking back on it now the only reason I had a pole for fish instead of a gun for the cows LOL Was to spend some time with my big brother, he would eat everything we caught for the day including even carp with those razor sharp fins on their back. yuck lmao!!

I'm more of a surf hold the turf kind of guy, but I sure do love the ocean and the water in general.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Fish swim in both their excrement and yours. Why would anyone want to eat that?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Love pretty much all seafood, i mainly stick to cod, salmon, flounder. Toss in shrimp and muscles too for a change up in seafood. Oh and crab and scallops.

Ohhh tuna steaks are really damn good too.

Reaction score
This is quite a bit of fish. Even though fish is a very healthy protein source, too much of a good thing isn't necessarily more healthy. You may want to try to provide more variation on your proteins plus add more vegetables to your diet.

Reaction score
A good quality fish isn't bad. A bit pricey, but a couple trips to the Bahamas a year and your all set. I like to know what I'm getting when it comes to seafood.

In 3 oz. of yellowfin
tuna steak there are 110 calories, .5 g of fat and 24.78 g of protein.

Spiny Lobster: (163g) calories 233, calories from fat 29, total fat 3g, saturated fat 0g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 147mg, sodium 370mg, total carbohydrate 5g, dietary fiber 0g, sugars 0g, protein 43g,

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
A good quality fish isn't bad. A bit pricey, but a couple trips to the Bahamas a year and your all set. I like to know what I'm getting when it comes to seafood.

In 3 oz. of yellowfin
tuna steak there are 110 calories, .5 g of fat and 24.78 g of protein.

Spiny Lobster: (163g) calories 233, calories from fat 29, total fat 3g, saturated fat 0g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 147mg, sodium 370mg, total carbohydrate 5g, dietary fiber 0g, sugars 0g, protein 43g,

So it’s cheaper to fly to the Bahamas and fish a couple times a year than to just buy fish?

are you going to try to sell me a timeshare?

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
You can crash on my couch if you pay for my seat :D

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Caught some Bonito first time couples weeks ago was pretty good for fish !

Reaction score
It is only a hour to hour and a half boat ride from here. A good escape and an easy way to put a couple hundred pounds of good quality fish in the freezer. That with a mix of lobster and some other fish, well worth the trip.

Reactions: Jin

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Tilapia is garbage.. and being it’s not native species here, it’s just farmed garbage filler.
Way better whitefish options out there.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
It is only a hour to hour and a half boat ride from here. A good escape and an easy way to put a couple hundred pounds of good quality fish in the freezer. That with a mix of lobster and some other fish, well worth the trip.

I have a buddy who does this every year. He says they get so sick of eating spiny lobster that when he gets back he wont touch shellfish for two months

Reaction score
I have a buddy who does this every year. He says they get so sick of eating spiny lobster that when he gets back he wont touch shellfish for two months

This is true for me as well. I prefer the tuna and hog snapper grouper and wahoo myself. I eat lobster like 2 - 3 times a year. Usually it has to be in a soup o red chowder.

Chillinlow

Reaction score

yea that’s the way to do it if you live anywhere near the ocean

Reaction score
yea that’s the way to do it if you live anywhere near the ocean

For sure. This is the main reason a good diet come as pretty easy for me. I can eat fish all the time. Cautious of mercury. It's the exercise portion that is difficult. Main reason is the fact of knowing or coming up with a good routine.