Work out change up?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Elbow tendonitis might be the first sign of overtraining.

As for changing up workouts. I doubt Ive done the same exercises on a bodypart workout in years. It changes week to week. Sets, reps, and exercises always changing.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Just through a few ab movements in between your other sets. Take your ab day and make it a meal prep day.

Yeah i was going to try to do stuff like that, but i just dont care for doing other stuff between sets. And now with the almost no rest time between sets it would really screw with things. I dont even do supersets all that often, when im working something i tend to want to concentrate on that and only that.

If i do any super setting the equipment needs to be pretty much right beside each other for me to do it, like cable curls and tri pushdowns on a double system type thing.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Squats, dead’s, bench, bent over rows all of some variation are always in there. Then just go by how I feel that day for what ever body part

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’ll end up probably having like 3 or 4 diff plans that I’ll rotate through. But I can’t just go week by week just going by what I feel like doing that day. I want to see how I’m progressing and the strong app really helps with that and by buying the year long plan I can load as many workouts as I want in it.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah i was going to try to do stuff like that, but i just dont care for doing other stuff between sets. And now with the almost no rest time between sets it would really screw with things. I dont even do supersets all that often, when im working something i tend to want to concentrate on that and only that.

If i do any super setting the equipment needs to be pretty much right beside each other for me to do it, like cable curls and tri pushdowns on a double system type thing.

LOL..never in my life did I do supersets....not necessary in my eyes but if it's someone's thing..they can kick ass...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
LOL..never in my life did I do supersets....not necessary in my eyes but if it's someone's thing..they can kick ass...
I’ll do specific ones, like lat, front raises for delts since I can do it with the same stuff. Or arm work where again I can use the same stuff for both.
Right now I have no super sets going.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Dead’s and heavy pullovers on a machine. Satan’s superset.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
As Gadawg said elbow tendinitis is pretty common, I go through it every few months or so. It's been acting up the past few days too, just slightly but I can feel it coming on so I switch things up.

Side note - How many sets is everyone doing per body part? Just curious.

Reaction score
How often do you change up your routine and switch out lifts? Or is it a go till it’s not as effective type thing?
Was thinking of switching some stuff out in a week or 2. Leaving the main compound lifts in of course but changing out some of the accessory work.

Thoughts?

This depends on the individual’s goals but changing accessory work every few weeks is beneficial as it will help to fight boredom and challenge you along the way. Once you feel you have reached a plateau, you should definitely change things up.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I never do the same workout. Exercises vary every week. I do switch about every twelve weeks between volume and DY style HIT

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well its looking like i am going to need to come up with some new workout plans in about a week or so. My schedule is being changed at work temporarily due to someone leaving, i am going from working Fri-Sun night to working Tues-Thurs night AND ever other monday night.

I already know that waking up early enough after working all night to hit the gym and then go back into work that night is pretty much a no go.

Im thinking that i am going to try to come up with a 4 day plan and a 5 day plan and alternate them based on the monday night shift.

If anyone has any suggestions on how best to make this work im all ears. Not sure how long this is going to last but it will be till we find a replacement for the person who left and can get them trained. So looking probably at least a month or so....depending on how fast we find someone.

Reaction score
It depends on workout. Sometimes i change scheme every week or two the same to your thoughts (i do this when i feel plateau). But if training scheme is new for me and i feel progress i do this for 3-4 weeks

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Give DC a go. Fits nicely into your four day plan. Normally you’d have rest days in between but oh well.... just burn out on it!