Sustanon....

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Question; With the combination of esters in sustanon how often should I pin say I'm basically going to cruise at 300mg a week? I hate asking a question like this because I probably used to know and some of you may say wtf is he talking about...cruising with sus?....or that is why you use sus so you don't have to worry about the half life of test? If it helps flame away but I thanks in advance for any info. I'd also be slipping in some mast enth in there too. I'm also not opposed to bumping it up a little...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Not a stupid question. And sustanon was formulated for TRT, so you're in the mark.

Some people are adamant that it needs to be pinned eod. These people are incorrect. Only a small portion of the blend is prop. 2x/wk is fine for TRT/cruising.

I believe the original dosing protocol was meant to be more infrequent than that.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve heard people say it was meant and fine at 1x a week, but I think Jin is right.. would be a good idea for 2x a week to keep those fluctuations to a minimum.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I am cruising on sust . now 2 shots a week . good stuff.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm running 250 once a week for trt.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm running 250 once a week for trt.
Meaning 2 pins equaling 250 a week I'm assuming? And are we talking a 7 day week?

Last edited:

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
I've always been fine with pinning twice a week. Them long esters don't need ya pinning more than that.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meaning 2 pins equaling 250 a week I'm assuming? And are we talking a 7 day week?

No, just one pin a week (every 7 days), it's sust 250 so I just pin 1cc with a slin pin one day a week. I've only been running 5mg of stane (RC liquid) also dosed just once a week on pin day. My last labs were drawn 6 days after my last pin, (day before I pin), and came back at 1235 TT and 5.7 e2. I feel great around 1200 TT and that's what I normally shoot for. I know from the past that if I do not run an AI at this dose I do get a little tender, so I'll cut the stane in half and see how that feels.

As a side note, I had been neglecting donating blood for far too long. I had labs in early July that came back with an RBC of 6.2 and crit at 54.7, both way too high. After that I did 3 blood draws, all about 500+ml staggered two weeks apart. The last one was 4-5 weeks before the labs I mentioned above. RBC dropped to 5.87, still a tad high and crit dropped to 50.6 which is in range. Hemoglobin and platelets were both also out of range but are both now in range, and my blood pressure has improved as well. So good lesson for all of us on self prescribed TRT, don't forget to donate!

Oh, and while I'm talking about my labs, ALT was at 82, adding in 250mg/day of Tudca dropped it to 43.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't run sus cause of the prop. But if I did I would pin 2x per week for the first 6 weeks then 1 time per week thereafter.

This will get you stable enough levels for trt but bigger peaks from the prop and cyp. You guys really need to understand the importance of higher peak levels.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had been running 250/week of Test UD. Not a lot of peaks and valleys with that.

Sust does not have cyp in it. Personally, I don't really "feel" a peak after pinning it. The prop, PP and iso are blended so one picks up when the last one starts to taper off. It's pretty stable by design. I know one guy that runs just prop for TRT specifically to get peaks and valleys, but I haven't tried that.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pillar, why would pinning half the prop twice as frequently give you bigger peaks? Isn't the point to pinning more frequently to keep your levels more stable?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pillar, why would pinning half the prop twice as frequently give you bigger peaks? Isn't the point to pinning more frequently to keep your levels more stable?

Yes the point is stable for TRT. But with sus I say you can have both because you have the long ester stuff providing your baseline. The prop and cyp or enanthate whatever the moderate ester is are just bonus.

And with weekly pins you pin the same amount as when you pin 2 x per week but at once. Therefore higher peaks

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't run sus cause of the prop. But if I did I would pin 2x per week for the first 6 weeks then 1 time per week thereafter.

This will get you stable enough levels for trt but bigger peaks from the prop and cyp. You guys really need to understand the importance of higher peak levels.

Oh OK, I misread this, I thought you were saying to pin twice a week to get higher peaks, but you meant switch to once a week for higher peaks. My bad.

BTW, sust is:

Iso has a shorter half life than cyp or eth, but longer than prop or phenyprop.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I forget, but I think sust was intended to be injected every 2 or 3 weeks for TRT. I think the intention was for patients to go into the Dr office for injections, and this was supposed to make for fewer trips to the office, but at 2-3 weeks guys were pretty bottomed out and really needed the short ester hit. I feel great pinning once a week. I've been on it for about six weeks now and so far I prefer it over test UD.

Here's a list of the half lives:

• Sustanon/Omnadren 15 days
  • Cypionate 12 days
  • Enanthate 10.5 days
  • Propionate 3.5 days
  • Suspension 1 day or less
  • Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
  • Isocaproate 9 days
  • Decanoate 15 days
  • Undecanoate 16.5 days

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I do three quarters cc twice a week so around 350 a week total

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Not a stupid question. And sustanon was formulated for TRT, so you're in the mark.

Some people are adamant that it needs to be pinned eod. These people are incorrect. Only a small portion of the blend is prop. 2x/wk is fine for TRT/cruising.

I believe the original dosing protocol was meant to be more infrequent than that.

My original TRT doctor, who is still stuck in the dark ages, started EVERYONE with a 250 mg per week Sustanon injection! He adjusted from there after 90 day labs, but refused to prescribe, which made it rather inconvenient to make a trip to his office once per week.

New Threads