30’s Ramblings

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I haven’t tracked calories in a long time. Even when I did keto last year I never looked at calories. Starting pic is right here on my phone, where it’s gonna stay til I’m happy with where I’m at!

same here. I don't track calories anymore. I learned from trial and error what made me super fat and what I had to do to lose it.. I stay in between those numbers and so far, so good.

Reaction score
I’ll be tracking macros for a while so I can learn what works. Fat loss with muscle preservation is the goal, I’m not in a hurry. I want to lose 24 more pounds and stay at 245-250.

Reaction score
Here how today’s training went down:
Leg day. Quick back story on legs. Last time I did them was 4 years ago or so. I have a really bad knee thanks to an injury at work back in 09. 4 years ago was my last surgery, and I need another. For one reason or another it’s not happening right now. So I stopped legs all together after that last surgery. I feel like if I slowly work into it, I can get something going again with them. They are weak and everything feels awkward but I have hopes.

Squat:
Safety bar (can’t hold a regular bar right now cuz of shoulder...) plus 1 plate per side. 2 warm up sets of 10 then 5 sets of 15 with 60 second test between.

Leg press:3 plates per side, 7 sets of 15. 60 second
rest.

Leg extension:no idea of weight but did 7 sets of 15 concentrating on holding the extension for a couple seconds and then going slow on the negative. 60 second rest. Legs are shot.

30 mins stationary bike.

So far food has gone well. I feel great.

Reaction score
Quick update on today. No training, slept well. My body was a bit beat up so I did some hot tub therapy. Fixed me right up. Spent most of the day working on the house with my 5 year old, did 30 mins on the stationary bike.

Food as follows:
Protein-279g
Carbs-246
Fat-72g
Total cals-2763.

Woke up at 265lbs this morning.

I have a bit of an ongoing tradition with my wife and son on Sundays. For more than 5 years every Sunday we have breakfast at the same little diner. For now I’m gonna keep that tradition as long as it doesn’t impact my progress. I’ll try to build it into my calories.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Way too few calories IMO. You could lose weight eating 3K.

Do whatever makes you feel good though.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
just tweak what you order. like get egg whites, cottage cheese with fruit, one of those foofoo bagels with salmon on it forgot what its called

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score

This.

I actually tracked mine for a few days and found I need about 4000 just to maintain and you have a good bit of weight on me bro.

Reaction score

This.

I actually tracked mine for a few days and found I need about 4000 just to maintain and you have a good bit of weight on me bro.
Thanks for the feedback guys. My TDEE is about 3600 or so, so yeah I probably could lose weight at 3-3200. I did update last nights post, as I had something before bed.

Reaction score
just tweak what you order. like get egg whites, cottage cheese with fruit, one of those foofoo bagels with salmon on it forgot what its called
I’m gonna track it all and try to work it into my daily calories.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
If you go to the same diner and eat the same thing every time, does it really even matter? You’re not gonna get fat or lose muscle off of one meal.

Reaction score
If you go to the same diner and eat the same thing every time, does it really even matter? You’re not gonna get fat or lose muscle off of one meal.
Thats what I’m hoping. I’ll pay attention to whatever I eat the rest of the day and hopefully it won’t impact it much at all.

Reaction score
Ah yes, Monday. Not gonna lie, I didn’t do great yesterday. Ate plenty of protein but over ate carbs and fats. Interestingly enough there was little impact on my weight this morning. I’m probably gonna stop getting on the scale daily, probably more like Thursday or Friday morning from now on. I spent the day working on the house, was shot by night time and didn’t get any cardio in.

Work was work, I can’t wait to get out of there for good. Got a big interview Wednesday afternoon, hoping to kill it and gtfo. Today’s international chest day so that’s what went down. My shoulder told me that going over 225 wasn’t gonna happen so I listened. Here’s how it went:

Flat bench:
Bar warm up. 2 sets of 15.
135x15. 2 sets.
225x10. 1 set.
225x25. 1 set.
225x15. 3 sets.
Immediately stripped to 135 after the last set and clicked off 20 reps at 135.

Incline bench:
135x20. 1 set.
135x15. 4 sets.

Cable flys:
Various positions, high reps, various weight.

30 mins on elliptical.

Thats all the shoulder would take. By the end of the workout it was pretty beat. Every set had 60 second rest period max.

Other than the shoulder, I feel great.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
My experience (and this is extremely anecdotal and I'm not one to give advice) is that a "bad" day doesn't impact you until like three or four days down the road. That being said, there are "bad" days and bad days. Some days are (for me) a total shit show and then others I count as a mental health day (like going to breakfast with the family, or hitting a wine bar with the wife). You need a few days a month or so to take a breather and relax - otherwise I would go crazy...or vice versa.

New Threads