Single leg leg press

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont know what it is about this exercise but they are brutal. Probably my favorite all around leg exercise. Unlike standard leg press, they not only kill the quads but the hamstrings, glutes, and even the calves. I hit em hard yesterday and included one brutal triple drop set and I can barely walk for a minute after I get out of the truck at job sites. If you dont do these, give em a try. The non working leg should be stretched out flat in front of you below the sled and you should go deep enough that your knee touches your chest.

FUN!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Seems to put too much stress on the SI joint and lower back from the twisting. Your pelvis tends to tilt to higher on one side when you do them but if they work for you, have at it.

daddyboul

Reaction score
When I was still going to PT for my tibia plateau fracture, these were hands down the best exercise for regaining strength in my bad leg, you really feel it in the knee joint afterward though....

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
I like single leg squats as an assistance exercise. It was recommended by my ortho to help strengthen the adductors.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
single hand jerking is a favorite of mine....

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
My gym has this leg press where it’s two separate platforms and it won’t lock so it’s a pain to do double leg cause my left leg always drops faster than the right so mainly do single leg. Don’t like it as much but I am a lot stronger on single legged leg press.
i think unilateral training can be effective to ensure your training each side evenly but I’m no expert