Another Creatine Take.....

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Was listening to a Stan Efferding podcast earlier and he was saying that all new findings on creatine show that it does nothing for ATP synthesis and only benefits by increasing cellular water retention.

Essentially, adequately hydrated people will not benefit in any way from creatine supplementation.

Thoughts?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

That is a small (yes, really) sample of the overwhelmingly supportive data on Creatine. It is also why Stan Efferding, or any other authority figure, isn't going to stop me from continuing to take it. Take that as you will :)

Oh and your "essentially" is nonsense. Creatine absorption is the cause behind the increased cellular water retention. Take away the creatine and this doesn't happen. Period. Your hydration level is close to irrelevant to this process.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Creatine is the nectar of the Gods #fightme

Seriously though, it's not expensive so I'll probably keep buying it and taking it. I will check out Stan's podcast though.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

That is a small (yes, really) sample of the overwhelmingly supportive data on Creatine. It is also why Stan Efferding, or any other authority figure, isn't going to stop me from continuing to take it. Take that as you will :)

Oh and your "essentially" is nonsense. Creatine absorption is the cause behind the increased cellular water retention. Take away the creatine and this doesn't happen. Period. Your hydration level is close to irrelevant to this process.

Im not pushing it one way or the other. It's just the opinion I heard today of someone well respected in the industry. If "Dr" Tony Huge had said it, Id have never posted it.

As far as it goes, I know it does nothing for me, but that's me.

November Ajax

Reaction score
I bet he also tried to convince people to stop taking creatine and start eating more red meat instead. "Creatine is for fakes! Eat steak!"

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stan got off to a decent start but I just couldn't take it anymore. He is cherry picking his info imo so that it can be sold. No different than any other fitness personality. But it still sucks.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I bet he also tried to convince people to stop taking creatine and start eating more red meat instead. "Creatine is for fakes! Eat steak!"

If you have a choice between the two, please pick the steaks. Youre from Argentina so you get real good ones anyway.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Im a non-responder since day 1 when EAS (Phillips) came out w/ it. Tried various versions over the years. Nada.
(But thats me, plenty of studies back up its usefulness to others).

Reaction score
Im a non-responder since day 1 when EAS (Phillips) came out w/ it. Tried various versions over the years. Nada.
(But thats me, plenty of studies back up its usefulness to others).
Same boat, I’ve never seen a benefit from it.

Guess it’s just steaks for me....

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
One never seen any result from it either. In fact, it gives me the explosive sh*ts....seriously

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
One never seen any result from it either. In fact, it gives me the explosive sh*ts....seriously

Same! Tried all different doses too seeing if I would respond then. Never saw any benefit and made me feel bloated.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is is about 20% or so of users who are considered non responders to creatine. The science is in on Creatine. For the majority, it works. There have been enough studies to prove this. Specifically, monohydrate. The other types are pretty much a waste. I'm curious to know from those here who have said it did nothing for you, please comment on how exactly you supplemented with Creatine. Also lets be realistic here, it's not AAS and you're not gonna get results like you would on a gram of test.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
There is is about 20% or so of users who are considered non responders to creatine. The science is in on Creatine. For the majority, it works. There have been enough studies to prove this. Specifically, monohydrate. The other types are pretty much a waste. I'm curious to know from those here who have said it did nothing for you, please comment on how exactly you supplemented with Creatine. Also lets be realistic here, it's not AAS and you're not gonna get results like you would on a gram of test.

Ive used it every way possible from the old days with heavy ass loading phases to just adding 5mg monohydrate to my nightly protein shakes for months on end. Never have I thought I gained any size from it (even from intramuscular water retention), strength, pumps, or endurance.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
one of the biggest mistakes people make with taking creatine is they add it to their cold protein shakes, or drink it one with cold water. Thats another reason why some people get upset stomaches. Creatine has to be fully dissolved in order for your body to absorb it. The only way for creatine to fully dissolve is to stir in warm water. the old way of loading then maintenance does work but its not necessary. Just running a maintenance dose works over time. Hey, again. there is a small % of people who don't respond but many who claim it doesn't work, also don't know how to accurately supplement with it either. I've used it and it did work for me

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I always saw results from it. I just dumped 5g in a glass of poweraid and drank it like a bottle of water when I was thirsty. Usually took a couple of weeks before I started noticing any effects. I never did any of that loading bs because it gave me the liquid shits.

Let me be clear with what I call results. I felt like I could get an extra couple of reps with weights that I normally used during my sets. I never really saw strength gains that I would attribute to it though. I also got a better pump. Not a dbol pump but definitely noticeable compared to not using it.

For me, as cheap as it is, its worth adding. I usually go through a can in about 2 months then buy another in a few months when I think about it again. Im not really a supplement guy other than a daily vitamin though.

Wanted to add that I always used the creatine monohydrate. Never tried the others. I also always bought the cheapest brand I could find.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
one of the biggest mistakes people make with taking creatine is they add it to their cold protein shakes, or drink it one with cold water. Thats another reason why some people get upset stomaches. Creatine has to be fully dissolved in order for your body to absorb it. The only way for creatine to fully dissolve is to stir in warm water. the old way of loading then maintenance does work but its not necessary. Just running a maintenance dose works over time. Hey, again. there is a small % of people who don't respond but many who claim it doesn't work, also don't know how to accurately supplement with it either. I've used it and it did work for me

Did that too. But I think it dissolved fine in my stomach either way bc I never got diarrhea from it like the companies claim is the cause.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Also lets be realistic here, it's not AAS and you're not gonna get results like you would on a gram of test.
I suspect this is why the vast majority of the creatine critique comes from the enhanced community. When you're used to pinning grams per week, yea, creatine will seem like a waste of money. It's a distorted definition of "results".

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
You guys remember phosphagen HP? God I wasted so much money on that shit in high school. It took like two giant tubs just to do the loading phase alone. I was bagging groceries for like $3.75 an hour after taxes. I mustve really believed all their nonsense.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I still use it. never had a stomach issue, its cheap and takes a second to add in my Gatorade for post workout. results? hell I don't honestly know but it aint hurting anything that's for sure.

New Threads