Switching from Morning to Evening workouts?

Reaction score
I've always found it most effective for me to workout first thing in the morning. I take PreJym which is high on Caffeine.
Due to a new baby and my wife wanting me to help get our older kid to school, I am going to need to go from working out at 5:30am to 8:30pm.
Does anyone have any advice on this move? Any of you night guys have trouble getting to sleep after a 90min workout and do you still do a caffeinated preworkout supplement?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I would say not to take the pre-workout, unless you want to experiment and can risk not getting enough sleep.

I also personally have a little harder time falling asleep after a late evening workout. Finishing my shower off with cool water to drop the body temp down a little bit helped.

Reaction score
I’ll take 3 scoops of pre and hit the gym at 830. Lift til 10 or so, go home, shower. No sleep issues at all

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
3 scoops of pre and I'm shaking like Michael J Fox! :32 (18):

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’m not taking pre workout after 4pm. Triple espresso if evening workout.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
You’re going to have to experiment and find out what works best to get you through your work out but at the same time not keep you up all night. Every one is different, start with lower doses of caffeine and then just ad more if needed. Eventually you’ll find what works and your body will adjust to working out at a different time.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I sleep well at night every time I give Uncle Manny a dollar.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Melatonin. I workout am and pm.

I’m a natural night owl and this stuff has been clutch. Cut caffeine back a bit before work outs and have it on deck until you adjust to new schedule.
I have it in liquid form. Cheap and quick acting

BigBubba

Reaction score
I personalty have always been a AM lifter. Gives me plenty of energy for the day ahead, gets me focused, made me a better worker. Now that I have got back in the gym to rehab I find some days are am others mid afternoon. And for ME it messes with my sleep. A great combo for sleep to take is melatonin and Valerian root. Or ZZZquil. I have medicine to make me sleep but I avoid it as it knocks me OUT and I dont want to be under if something happens. If you work out later and need the pre-workout I would either take it sooner, or switch PWO. I have seen some like BANG drinks that will give you mental clarity and a good awakeness but not so much energy you cant sleep. And if that doesnt work do what a Drill Instructor told us to do..rub one off and sleep like a baby!!

New Threads