The Boogie log!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I want to be held accountable and meet my goals! Im 6'3", on TRT 50mgx2 weekly nothing else. My diet is decent but my work hours vary by the week and eating is all over the place because of it.

Goals
1. Be a lean 215# 10-12% BF, then work up to 225, 235
Current as of Sept 24, 2019 192.2#, I am not sure of my BF% currently, I am fairly lean so probably close to those numbers.

2. Keep my workouts consistent at 5 days a week!!!

3. I dont have any current 1 RM but my working sets are 5x5 (Squat 250, Bench 185, Dead Lift 245, Over head press 95) on my main lifts, would like to increase those numbers 15-20%. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I can add a little more specifics as far as my workout routine and nutrition a little later as well as supplements. As for now its time to go put in some work!!!!

24Sept19 192.2#

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I would suggest (if you have not already) taking some serious time to learn proper mechanics on those lifts. Make sure you understand the movements and don't cheat yourself by doing half-ass form... The only person that will lose is you. Make sure you hit your depth on the squat too. Pause squats really helped me build my strength out of the hole and helped me to increase strength as a whole.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
I would suggest (if you have not already) taking some serious time to learn proper mechanics on those lifts. Make sure you understand the movements and don't cheat yourself by doing half-ass form... The only person that will lose is you. Make sure you hit your depth on the squat too. Pause squats really helped me build my strength out of the hole and helped me to increase strength as a whole.
+1 for pause squats. They helped me

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My biggest suggestion is always nutrition. You said your diet is ‘decent’ but that doesn’t really tell us much. The most effective approach is to know what you should be eating for protein, carbs, and fats each day and getting as close as possible to those numbers consistently. If your diet isn’t consistent, no matter how hard you train, progress will be limited.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
My biggest suggestion is always nutrition. You said your diet is ‘decent’ but that doesn’t really tell us much. The most effective approach is to know what you should be eating for protein, carbs, and fats each day and getting as close as possible to those numbers consistently. If your diet isn’t consistent, no matter how hard you train, progress will be limited.

Very good point here.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I have been trying to figure out how to edit the first post so I can add information and for the life of me I can not figure it out.

Also, a little about my nutrition, like I stated before it is decent I feel however I am not very good at keeping track of all my daily intake. But for most days ky meals go like this...

Breakfast when I wake up 12 eggs (10 whites 2 whole) and a half cup of oatmeal, pot of coffee (side note, I drink coffee as a pre workout as well, and throughout the morning).

About 2-3 hours later a 30 grams protein shake (dymatize ISO 100).

Lunch 10-12 oz of cooked chicken, 3/4 cup cooked rice and a cup of frozen veggies (frozen veggies is a mix of green beans, peas, corn and carrots usually).

25 grams of protein with 5 grams of creatine monohydrate pre workout

25 grams of protein with 5 grams creatine monohydrate post workout.

Dinner is where it gets tricky because the wife cooks and I usually will eat to not make her feel bad...most the time its very healthy but occasionally its more carbs than I want but hard to know what exactly I am eating.

My supplements...

Every MORNING
Fish oil, multi vitamin, b12, vit C, vit d, psyllium husk(fiber helps me stay regular)

Every NIGHT
ZMA, vit c, psyllium husk

whey protein and Creatine Mono as stated above

That is my usual day of nutrition somwtimes will snack on granola bar or dried fruit/trail mix. When I cook myselfndinner its the same as lunch.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score

Automatondan, I think I have the mechanics down pretty good, I will definitely incorporate pause squats, thats an awesome suggestion.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I have been trying to figure out how to edit the first post so I can add information and for the life of me I can not figure it out.

Also, a little about my nutrition, like I stated before it is decent I feel however I am not very good at keeping track of all my daily intake. But for most days ky meals go like this...

Breakfast when I wake up 12 eggs (10 whites 2 whole) and a half cup of oatmeal, pot of coffee (side note, I drink coffee as a pre workout as well, and throughout the morning).

About 2-3 hours later a 30 grams protein shake (dymatize ISO 100).

Lunch 10-12 oz of cooked chicken, 3/4 cup cooked rice and a cup of frozen veggies (frozen veggies is a mix of green beans, peas, corn and carrots usually).

25 grams of protein with 5 grams of creatine monohydrate pre workout

25 grams of protein with 5 grams creatine monohydrate post workout.

Dinner is where it gets tricky because the wife cooks and I usually will eat to not make her feel bad...most the time its very healthy but occasionally its more carbs than I want but hard to know what exactly I am eating.

My supplements...

Every MORNING
Fish oil, multi vitamin, b12, vit C, vit d, psyllium husk(fiber helps me stay regular)

Every NIGHT
ZMA, vit c, psyllium husk

whey protein and Creatine Mono as stated above

That is my usual day of nutrition somwtimes will snack on granola bar or dried fruit/trail mix. When I cook myselfndinner its the same as lunch.

So do you have a daily macro goal? From what you’ve outlined and based on the fact that you’re trying to gain and you’re already ‘fairly lean’, IMO you’re pretty far off the mark:

Based on what you’ve outlined, your protein before even having dinner is around 220g - which is more than enough, slightly higher even - than your intake for the day needs to be. Your carbs are way too low, and you’re barely getting any fat (around 10g from the 2 whole eggs).

To gain, I’d target the neighborhood of 20 cal/lb of body weight and 1g protein/lb of goal weight. The carbs and fats are more flexible within your calorie threshold but don’t go below 50g/day on your fats (necessary for hormonal and CNS function).

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
So do you have a daily macro goal? From what you’ve outlined and based on the fact that you’re trying to gain and you’re already ‘fairly lean’, IMO you’re pretty far off the mark:

Based on what you’ve outlined, your protein before even having dinner is around 220g - which is more than enough, slightly higher even - than your intake for the day needs to be. Your carbs are way too low, and you’re barely getting any fat (around 10g from the 2 whole eggs).

To gain, I’d target the neighborhood of 20 cal/lb of body weight and 1g protein/lb of goal weight. The carbs and fats are more flexible within your calorie threshold but don’t go below 50g/day on your fats (necessary for hormonal and CNS function).

Hurt, I did forget I do use 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil with my eggs in the morning. I am going to do better with meal prepping as well. I really do need to track my macros better, I am going to try and figure out how to meal prep for the week to meet my goals. K so I should be trying go get in the neighborhood of 3800 calories then. I will try and shoot for 200 g of Protein will say thats 800 calories, 70 g fats 630 calories so and the rest should be carbs so 600 grams of carbs? Does look right? That should put me at 3800 calories per day.

Thanks brotha I really appreciate the input this is probably where I have been lacking...

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Boogie, your diet looks pretty good to me. Yeah Dinner is always more unstructured with me if I'm not counting ever damn calorie but I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're getting your protein in and it's not real fatty. Speaking of protein, you seem to do a lot of shakes. That's not a problem if it fits your macros but if and when you cut, you're better off with real food to help not feeling hungry.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Boogie, your diet looks pretty good to me. Yeah Dinner is always more unstructured with me if I'm not counting ever damn calorie but I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're getting your protein in and it's not real fatty. Speaking of protein, you seem to do a lot of shakes. That's not a problem if it fits your macros but if and when you cut, you're better off with real food to help not feeling hungry.

Snake, thanks for the input! I do drink a number of shakes, for convenience probably more than anything. If I can get this food prep down that should eliminate some of those shakes. I do enjoy a shake right after a workout as I feel that it helps feed the muscles after a good workout. I also used to use some gluteamine 15 grams. I dont know how much that helped. I will get this figured out and I should probably see some results! Honestly I have had fairly decent gains up to this point. Honestly tho after seeing how little fat I had been taking in I felt i clined to go eat a couple donuts...lol surely that would cover my bases for extra fat!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hurt, I did forget I do use 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil with my eggs in the morning. I am going to do better with meal prepping as well. I really do need to track my macros better, I am going to try and figure out how to meal prep for the week to meet my goals. K so I should be trying go get in the neighborhood of 3800 calories then. I will try and shoot for 200 g of Protein will say thats 800 calories, 70 g fats 630 calories so and the rest should be carbs so 600 grams of carbs? Does look right? That should put me at 3800 calories per day.

Thanks brotha I really appreciate the input this is probably where I have been lacking...

Sorry Boogie just saw this! Yeah and you can definitely keep the protein higher without any issues - didn't mean to imply you can't. That will allow you to reduce the carbs a little too. So you could do something like 225 P 575 C 70 F...if you find that you're struggling to hit carbs, increase fats and reduce carbs. It's a lot easier to hit a caloric intake goal with fats than carbs (9 cal/g vs 4 cal/g).

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Update, I did some shopping (Sams Club had a killer deal on a power quick pot, was $49 got to the register and it rang up for $39, bonus!!! Also got some glass tupperware!) and am ready to make this meal prep happen! Weighed in yesterday at 189# side note, tracking macros makes me eat more.... Also, if anyone could tell me how to edit a post that would be greatly appreciated. I dont know how to add to my first post in this log...again to everyone on this board thank you for the help you guys are fuqin the best!!!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Been sick for the last 5 days, right when I got my meal prep all figured out. I literally slept for 2 days straight. I have lost some weight, I weighed in today at 187.4. Although I figured I would have lost more weight so I am happy about that! Still not 100% but I will definitely get a workout in today!

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
Hey Boog, glad to hear your starting to feel better! Nothing like being sick to put a wrench in your training. I know you said you work some crazy hours, I’m sure you already know this , but it bears repeating, make sure your getting your sleep in . Without that you take a big piece out of the puzzle. You know.... eat big, sleep big, train big! I saw your pics when you came aboard and you were real lean, maybe it would be worth loading up on he calls. awhile and doing a little bulk phase to get those #’s up. Winter is here, lol. Keep us informed. Best of luck Boog

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Raider, thanks for the encouragement! Damn, I finally feel a little better, that bullshiz lasted way longer than I expected! The good is I weighed today 193# (Raider I think your right I need to put some god damn weight on!) and some change so back to where I was basically before getting sick, still not 100%...it really threw me off my workout routine. I got in the gym and just felt hella weak but I pushed through and did a little arm and back workout, and some slow cardio, kept my HR at around 115, nothing crazy to get back into the swing of things. From here my goals are to just stay on track food wise, an up the intensity in the gym! I am doing good at tracking and meal prepping and that has helped a lot! My Protein is right around 250, Carbs 500 and fat 100. Give or take I am around 4000 calories a day. Rice, Chicken, Veggies oatmeal and eggs seem to be my go to! I know it has been a while since I posted, and I have not really posted any workouts...I will work on that! But just wanted an update, I havent fallen off the ship I am still hard at it! Later dudes!!!!!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Raider, thanks for the encouragement! Damn, I finally feel a little better, that bullshiz lasted way longer than I expected! The good is I weighed today 193# (Raider I think your right I need to put some god damn weight on!) and some change so back to where I was basically before getting sick, still not 100%...it really threw me off my workout routine. I got in the gym and just felt hella weak but I pushed through and did a little arm and back workout, and some slow cardio, kept my HR at around 115, nothing crazy to get back into the swing of things. From here my goals are to just stay on track food wise, an up the intensity in the gym! I am doing good at tracking and meal prepping and that has helped a lot! My Protein is right around 250, Carbs 500 and fat 100. Give or take I am around 4000 calories a day. Rice, Chicken, Veggies oatmeal and eggs seem to be my go to! I know it has been a while since I posted, and I have not really posted any workouts...I will work on that! But just wanted an update, I havent fallen off the ship I am still hard at it! Later dudes!!!!!