CJ's Summer Lean Out

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Impressive CJ! First I wanted to get my weight to catch you. Now I want to get it down to catch. How does it feel to be a Leader. Haha good job brother :32 (20):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Week 4 compete. Down 0.4 lbs this week to a 193.3 lb average weigh in.

3347 Cals
301g C
255g P
121g F

Nothing fancy, just doing the basics. Happy with the progress thus far, noticeably leaner, plenty of energy, no hunger issues. Easy peezy.

Workouts have been great. I'm not trying to increase strength at the moment, just maintain the weight/reps used on my strength exercises, while trying to add reps/weight on the assistance exercises. So far, so good.

Very little structured cardio so far, but definitely move around alot during the course of my day. Sitting on a hamster wheel sucks anyway.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Weekly Update:

5 weeks in the books, down another 1.5 lbs this week to an average weigh in of 191.8 lbs. I was losing weight too rapidly, so I added in extra calories towards the end of the week to slow it down. Wife made some AWESOME chicken wings one night, so no problems eating 12 of them. That was a quick extra 1,200 Cals right there. :32 (20):

3501 Cals
297g C
271g P
136g F

Broke out the calipers and took some bodyfat measurements. Last check was 5 weeks ago. Lost 1 mm from the chest, 3 mm from the abdomen, and 1 mm from the quad. At my leanest last summer, I had 1 less mm on the chest and 2 less mm on the abdomen.

Workouts are still going well, although I had to adjust my split due to work/life, so no more set days, it's now a rotation. Back to Upper Strength, Lower Strength, Pull Hypertrophy, Push Hypertrophy, Legs Hypertrophy split.

Having an issue with UPS also, they only delivered HALF of my pulldown/row cable machine. Still trying to get that resolved. Also have a new bar coming from EliteFTS, their cambered swiss bar. Should be a good addition for Bentover Rows and pressing. Also picked up some sandbags to toss around, to mix it up a bit.

Everything is still going smoothly, and general activity has picked up greatly, so still no structured hamster wheel cardio. Not complaining.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Your moving right along. Well ur at my weight now so I c that I’m just gonna have to eat more then fitness pal says.
Looks like ur almost where u were last yr. I’d say that stubborn belly fat but ur not even doing cardio really so u can lose that any time u want. Keep it up

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Up 0.4 lbs to an average weight of 192.2

3398 Cals
306g C
267g P
123g F

So I fukked up this week. It started off fine, everything going as planned, but then I had a couple of really busy days and had fairly low calorie days. Just forgot to eat, it happens.

Anyway, my body did not like this, and my weight shot up a few lbs, I'm assuming there was a little elevated cortisol due to the stress of it all, was retaining water, but not sure. Whatever.

To correct it, I had a few higher calorie days to try to make up the excess deficit. Not exactly "cheat days", but rather Correction Days. It actually worked out to my benefit somewhat, because my boy's birthday was during this, so got to have Buffalo wings and pizza, a couple of slices of Oreo ice cream cake and a cup cake without a single drop of guilt. Hell, it was needed!!!

Two days of higher calorie days and by this morning, my body has dropped almost all of the extra weight I was carrying. Didn't quite catch up to my calorie target for the week, but close enough.

Training is still going well, I'm really growing to enjoy the home workouts. My cable machine is here, assembled, and starting to be put to use. Also have a nice cambered swiss bar coming any day now from EliteFTS at the recommendation of a member here, but I forget who, I'm sorry.

Still no structured cardio, because I have better shit to do. I move around enough during the day, it's not necessary at this point. I'll save that bullet for when I really need it. I'm not throwing the whole kitchen sink at it, I make changes when required.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Up 0.7 lbs to an average weigh in of 192.9 lbs.

3710 Cals
387g C
245g P
130g F

Upped my Cals this past week to about maintenance levels, to reset for the 8 week push starting today. Even though I'm up 1.1 lbs the last 2 weeks, I've dropped 2 mm's of body fat from the navel area, while the chest and thigh measurements are unchanged.

Dropping Cals ~10% from my previous target. New target daily calorie average is 3200/day.

Started adding to my TRT as of last night. Now taking 50mg Test Cyp, 70mg Tren Ace, and 70mg Mast Prop EOD for this 8 week run. It's a new combo for me, but I've heard good things. Never run Mast, previous Tren experience was 50mg EOD, so a small bump up for that. Weekly dosage is 175mg Test and 245mg each of Tren and Mast.

I probably have no business running those compounds since I'm a little guy, but I have them, so you know how that goes.

Home training is going great, only will go to the commercial gym when it finally opens for the 2nd leg session of the week. I'll do squats and deadlifts at home, but I'll use the hack squat and leg press machines at the gym, as they're a bit pricey and/or take up alot of space if I bought them for the home gym.

Loving the cable machine I purchased, it's very versatile, especially for arm training, with the constant tension and variance. Definitely beneficial for back training as well, as I just "feel" the target muscles working better as opposed to doing pullups and chinups, both of which I still do, btw.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Weekly Update:

3710 Cals
387g C
245g P
130g F

Upped my Cals this past week to about maintenance levels, to reset for the 8 week push starting today. Even though I'm up 1.1 lbs the last 2 weeks, I've dropped 2 mm's of body fat from the navel area, while the chest and thigh measurements are unchanged.

Dropping Cals ~10% from my previous target. New target daily calorie average is 3200/day.

Started adding to my TRT as of last night. Now taking 50mg Test Cyp, 70mg Tren Ace, and 70mg Mast Prop EOD for this 8 week run. It's a new combo for me, but I've heard good things. Never run Mast, previous Tren experience was 50mg EOD, so a small bump up for that. Weekly dosage is 175mg Test and 245mg each of Tren and Mast.

I probably have no business running those compounds since I'm a little guy, but I have them, so you know how that goes.

Home training is going great, only will go to the commercial gym when it finally opens for the 2nd leg session of the week. I'll do squats and deadlifts at home, but I'll use the hack squat and leg press machines at the gym, as they're a bit pricey and/or take up alot of space if I bought them for the home gym.

Loving the cable machine I purchased, it's very versatile, especially for arm training, with the constant tension and variance. Definitely beneficial for back training as well, as I just "feel" the target muscles working better as opposed to doing pullups and chinups, both of which I still do, btw.

Nice job dude! You seem smart enough to be educated on what your taking...if YOU are ready for those compounds than roll with it. Im not much bigger than you if i even am bigger and im gonna run tren next as well..keep killin it!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
you are going to be trying to bang stray dogs in about 10 days buddy. That’s a great stack you got going on there.
Weekly Update:

3710 Cals
387g C
245g P
130g F

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Down 0.2 lbs to a weekly average of 191.0 lbs.

3631 Cals
330g C
286g P
131g F

A huge jump in calories this week, due to one day where I found a stash of pistachios I had purchased at the onset of the Covid stock up. Ate about 3,000 Cals of nuts in that one sitting. It was awesome!!! :32 (16):

Also discovered that I need carbohydrates in every meal, or else I'm very lethargic, and I just slow down, thus becoming counter productive. I had been feeling like junk for a week before deciding (with Gibs lending a helpful ear) to tinker with my carbs to see if that was the issue.

That day, I added a bag of Skittles to my chili, and almost instantly felt better. Later that evening, had 45g of intra carbs via Gatorade powder, and had my first great workout in a week's time. Ok, maybe I'm on to something.

Last few days, even though I haven't been consuming more carbs, I've spread them out fairly evenly throughout my meals, and it has made a marked difference. I feel great again. I had almost pulled the plug on this cycle, thinking it was the compounds not agreeing with me.

Foolish in hindsight. My thought process was if I carb cycled throughout the day, the periods when my meals where mainly meat and veggie would promote a little extra fat burning, since my blood sugar wouldn't be elevated and there'd only be a muted insulin response due to the protein consumption.

All my prior bloodwork and blood sugar tests should've clued me in that this was not necessary. All my blood tests had results of lower normal blood glucose and low insulin, so theoretically should mean I'm very insulin sensitive.

All at home blood sugar tests also show this, as my blood sugar drops very quickly after the initial spike from meals and even pure Gatorade.

Hopefully I'll continue to feel good.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Scored 240 lbs of old Weider 1" cast iron plates and a couple of 'throw in' bars yesterday. Odd sizes, but they'll work. $1/lb, bars were free.

2x50's
4x20's
6x10's

The 50's are the size of the 25's nowadays, but must be a blend of lead and kryptonite they're so heavy!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
that’s the only time you will see 200lb +

Scored 240 lbs of old Weider 1" cast iron plates and a couple of 'throw in' bars yesterday. Odd sizes, but they'll work. $1/lb, bars were free.

2x50's
4x20's
6x10's

The 50's are the size of the 25's nowadays, but must be a blend of lead and kryptonite they're so heavy!

Reactions: CJ