defunding the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Probably only ever drilled firearm draws. You play how you practice.

6’2” 220 minimum for all cops preferably bigger ... man or woman.....she wouldn’t have needed a taser to jerk a knot in this fool.

Side note: I never thought it was a good idea to make tazers that looked and felt like a Glock 19.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
People can have 50 years experience driving, and then when a situation unexpectedly happens they do they unexpected, like stomp on the gas instead of the brakes. It happens far too often. Police officers are not trained nearly enough, and you can tell by the panic in her voice when she was screaming "tazer" over and over, that she was clearly not someone who should be in that position.

Exactly, realistic training should weed out those that don’t belong in the biz of detaining people.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I finally saw the full video of that crazy Karen cop shooting that kid... That’s about the worst thing these idiot cops could have done to this country right now .. No excuse for that

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Police training should be one step lower to seal training. And it should be mandatory monthly.

They don't have the funds to do that or they choose to use the funds somewhere else....sad that most are very much under trained to do the job. The ones who are well trained do so on their own or are former military personnel.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Probably only ever drilled firearm draws. You play how you practice.

this is true, I’ve seen only one training class that actually involves drawing a taser in a mock high stress scenarios..any they do make simulated taser that shoot prongs and the role player “fake bad guy” wears a thick jacket to avoid actually be stuck by the prongs but it allows you to train the taser..to many training classes with sim guns so you get a lot of training drawing that gun and not enough taser draw...also not enlighten defensive tactics training
Haven’t seen the video too frustrating
if cops could stop ****ing up it would make it easier for us that do well and train

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Police training should be one step lower to seal training. And it should be mandatory monthly.

lol ya not gonna happen...also comparing seal training to cop training is ridiculous. If we did then cops would be whipping out the MP5 and mowing people down lol. Even they eat seals clear a building is different then police should..they are moving fast to eliminate a target. Cops need to take it slower more target discrimination than required in the military
If a seal team is entering a house or building then good chance everybody in that building is fair game to catch a few rounds...not the case always for police.

but yes training needs to be stepped up and revamped across the board but politicians are the ones mandating the training and it usually results in a death by PowerPoint class

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score

That's probably a bit excessive but definitely more training needed...idk about in cities but id say 70% of cops here are fat out of shape and very poorly trained. So poorly trained we like to go to the Sim course sit on top of the firetruck and make fun of them...I literally saw a dude fall down while fire his weapon once...and we are supposed to believe they are capable of policing in this country??? Good one...Texan we need more guys like you who actually give a shit about being on point.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
They don't have the funds to do that or they choose to use the funds somewhere else....sad that most are very much under trained to do the job. The ones who are well trained do so on their own or are former military personnel.

Here they bought an armored vehicle and now there's no momey to train them on it...but at least it looks cool when they drove It down to the chamber of commerce events!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Here they bought an armored vehicle and now there's no momey to train them on it...but at least it looks cool when they drove It down to the chamber of commerce events!

they prolly got it lent to them for free from the federal government, that’s how we get a lot of our stuff. There’s a grant program for military surplus and vehicles for law enforcement, high water vehicles, humvees, armored vehicles, night vision etc

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
At the end of the day I think the answer is better training quality, in the academy and Inservice training. We do hours and hours every year of training in Texas just to keep your license but it’s all mandated stuff that doesn’t really do a good beside check a box off because the state said so. Class typically includes boring PowerPoint slides

only good classes are for the special stuff like DWI, crash reconstruction, some detective stuff etc
need more simulated exercises, defensive tactics and dealing with emotionally disturbed people with role players just like how the military brings in actors to role play Iraqis etc make it as close to real deal as possible
Throw the cops through a two week defensive class every year and throw some real fights in it. They won’t because the risk of injury means officers off the street and workers compensation money being paid out

but if you’ve never been in a fight until your dealing with a dangerous felon your liable to freak out and over react. I’m blessed that I got into a lot of fights as a kid and teenager and even young adult lol so no stranger to fights..so my principal who used to lecture me about fighting can screw off haha it did pay off

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
they prolly got it lent to them for free from the federal government, that’s how we get a lot of our stuff. There’s a grant program for military surplus and vehicles for law enforcement, high water vehicles, humvees, armored vehicles, night vision etc

That makes sense

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
To add on to that and I’ll be done.
if you have Instagram check out policepost and police training post pages they show good and bad examples of officer reactions. There’s a lot of good officers who clearly are fit to do the job and train to master the skills and others who not so much. Unfortunately the media only shows the bad ones so it paints this image that all cops are fat, weak, don’t train etc. That’s not the case just go to cop training focused pages and you’ll see body camera footage of many stellar badass officers who are highly qualified for the job. Doesn’t mean training doesn’t need to be better because it does. Training should never stop and it should always be updated and improved to keep up with the current trends and obstacles faced.

There’s a massive disparity in training from officer to officer and agency to agency. whereas in the military not so much if you compare one infantry company to the next the training and skill difference won’t be as noticeable because there is a set standard that if a soldier or marine doesn’t meet he’s out shoot when I was in the marine corps reserves we did ITX a large combined arms trainings exercise and we scored pretty much on level with active duty units because the same standard is applied and stressed. The ones who can’t make it and master the skills are booted out

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
At the end of the day. Women should not be cops.

I know some pretty badass women who are cops. A good tool also for dealing with people from cultures where it’s disrespectful for a man to speak to another mans wife so can be very useful, or to speak to a female sexual assault victim, children etc
but female cops absolutely face more obstacles than men. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a small female trying to take down a large amped up guy on your own without getting geeked up

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I know some pretty badass women who are cops. A good tool also for dealing with people from cultures where it’s disrespectful for a man to speak to another mans wife so can be very useful, or to speak to a female sexual assault victim, children etc
but female cops absolutely face more obstacles than men. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a small female trying to take down a large amped up guy on your own without getting geeked up

Then they should be hired as social workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.