Anyone else hate the holidays?

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Fucking hate this time of the year my b day then Christmas then New Years. 🤦‍♂️

Always had shitty christmases as a kid never got what I wanted my dad always started fights with my mom ate nasty ass food and it is cold as fuck and it snows.

Now I’m older work dies during this time it’s still cold and snows have to spend a shit load of money on presents and now I always argue with my wife around the holidays 🤦‍♂️

Only good thing is having the kids enjoy their presents Christmas morning except the older one he never gets excited for shit.

I’m gonna try to be positive this year already off to a bad start Damn guy at work sits across from me decided to play Christmas music all month and it drives me crazy I hate Christmas music and tv programming is horrible how many times can you watch home alone and a Christmas story? 🤦‍♂️

Already had to order the new iPods and oculus VR headset and more shit is coming not going to stores ordering everything online had to go to Walmart and shoe carnival today to grab a few things shits already crazy fuck my life

But like I said I’m gonna try to stay positive I’m gonna take most of Christmas week off vacation days unless it’s busy for some reason then money talks and I’m gonna try not to argue with the old ball and chain that’s gonna be nearly impossible literally told her ass get the monoclonal therapy for a week before you get bad and she waits until she gets bad 🥊 but I’m gonna try this year.
View attachment 15905
Have you tried supplementing with vitamin d? A lot of people are deficient around this time of year and it can cause some depressive feelings.

I hear you, though. The commercialization of the holiday ruins all of the fun of it. I just want to be around friends and family and stuff our faces with good food and drink.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I gave some idiot a good gift the other day. I put a hidden camera in my trunk. I laid a few $1 bills and a $20 in the back. I then went and ordered my groceries online from Walmart. And guess what! I went to pick up my groceries at the pickup location, I acted tired and stupid..... the sucker took the bait and took the $20! Funny as hell, he told the cops he thought it was a tip! Well, they hauled his ass off to jail and he was fired on the spot!

Merry Christmas to all the Thieves!
So basically entrapment... I don't condone the guy taking the money, but you're an asshole. I hope bad things happen to you.

Also, I don't believe any of your stories. But I guess some people have to do things like this on the internet to make themselves feel big in real life. 🙄

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It can be a little to much if you let it. I try to keep it simple; Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks, that's it. Christmas, if you're of that faith is a time to honor a gift.

People take something so simple and make a cluster-fuuk of something good.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep the joyfullness down

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Christmas, if you're of that faith is a time to honor a gift.
Christmas, a time to honor the God of Christianity by celebrating a holiday rooted in pagan traditions. Santa fits in there somewhere, somehow.

Gotta love it.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
I hate them. I only celebrate them for those around me. Make them happy.

Reaction score
Fucking hate this time of the year my b day then Christmas then New Years. 🤦‍♂️

Always had shitty christmases as a kid never got what I wanted my dad always started fights with my mom ate nasty ass food and it is cold as fuck and it snows.

Now I’m older work dies during this time it’s still cold and snows have to spend a shit load of money on presents and now I always argue with my wife around the holidays 🤦‍♂️

Only good thing is having the kids enjoy their presents Christmas morning except the older one he never gets excited for shit.

I’m gonna try to be positive this year already off to a bad start Damn guy at work sits across from me decided to play Christmas music all month and it drives me crazy I hate Christmas music and tv programming is horrible how many times can you watch home alone and a Christmas story? 🤦‍♂️

Already had to order the new iPods and oculus VR headset and more shit is coming not going to stores ordering everything online had to go to Walmart and shoe carnival today to grab a few things shits already crazy fuck my life

But like I said I’m gonna try to stay positive I’m gonna take most of Christmas week off vacation days unless it’s busy for some reason then money talks and I’m gonna try not to argue with the old ball and chain that’s gonna be nearly impossible literally told her ass get the monoclonal therapy for a week before you get bad and she waits until she gets bad 🥊 but I’m gonna try this year.
View attachment 15905
No presents for anyone, Beat both children and wife and tell them happy fucking Christmas! Then go out and snort coke from some hot hooker's asshole.

Problem solved.

Reaction score
Yeah, the over commercialization of the holiday makes it rough. I prefer Thanksgiving for that reason.
Bullshit you just love to go all the way with your elbow into that turkey asshole.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Bullshit you just love to go all the way with your elbow into that turkey asshole.
How else would I get that last bit of stuffing? 🤷‍♂️

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I'll clarify my stance on the holidays. Loved the way it was magical for the kids when they were little , for the most part I do enjoy immediate family get togethers for big meals , me n the old lady kids n grands , to me that's a great time. I enjoy the quiet moments just sitting and looking at the tree with the ol lady and watching those corny ass old christmas shows that have been on since we were kids ,, yeah frosty n rudolph n shit go on and laugh. What I do not enjoy and hate about the holidays is , price gouging , parking and traffic , attitudes , entitlement , bullshit disappointment over some thing that some one thought enough of you to get. Do NOT enjoy mass family gatherings with all the aunts uncles cousins and all the arguing , drunken bullshit and stress that causes. Don't need some 3rd cousin twice removeds fat kid trying to punch a balloon and knock his juice over onto my carpet , fuck all that. So while i happily maintain my scrooge status for the most part , there are a few shinning moments through it all I catch my self smiling.

Reaction score
You should pray you're right.

Otherwise one day you'll stand before the One who'll judge you over it.
Well, there has been over 15,000 "Gods" in recorded history. What if you chose to worship the wrong one(s) ? Won't the real one be mad at you?

Fact is... No God has ever written a book. Only other Idiots who claim "God" talked to them have written books, claiming a GOD wanted them to write a book for him :). I find it strange that a God(s) must hire Ghost Writers to write his books.

Then again... Maybe there isn't a God, and the other people are crazy. Well, I've seen lots of crazy people, but No Gods.... so.. I'll take the stance there is not one!

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
We are all shitting ourselves now.
I know I am.

Even assuming that there is a God or Gods, the chances of picking the “right” one(s) out of literally thousands is pretty low.

Punishing people for not picking you in the God lottery is a pretty shitty and not at all loving thing to do — especially seeing as the majority of the world didn’t pick you.

Reaction score
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Sound familiar?

iu

Human_Backhoe

Photoshop Picasso
Reaction score
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Sound familiar?

iu
ab5292a1ed33ae043d18e811e20066cd.jpeg