New guy on the block

Reaction score
Noobie2 hello I’m newbie fewbie behind where you be! WANTED TO SAY CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS one question I’m always curious has it been the majoritively the same program utilized over this time period for your weight loss? Meaning diet been relatively the same composition as well as frequency obviously with some caloric adjustments? Your training has it been relatively the same as in structure and focus as well as time invested in one platform or another! Remember everyone’s body is different and at 50 we may not know our body as well as we think we do or as once did. What has seemed to work for me over the years which I’m 40 now which I haven’t been most active last couple years, try to weeks of a little bit of a shock to the system meaning try doing really intense cardio day or lifting day followeded by 2-4 days (what your body tells you it can do) of an 40-1hr of very moderate cardio like walking at 3.6-4.0 mph with no incline. Remember it’s a marathon and the goal is steady easy consistencey with slight mods when we plateau as should you make huge modifications early in your journey as you get closer to your goal it may make progress that much more difficult and the less you will have left in your arsansl for moderate changes which will then require big changes which mists times are not sustainable over time and that’s where most persons are lost to the perils of their journey. Sorry I know I really should not be commenting or giving my input yet I just felt compelled and I hate to see someone jump into the big guns just yet as again should you incorporate the big guns now it’s going to only make the summit that much tougher to climb!

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
After years of training, and maybe because of that, I have begun to ease away from programmed training into instinctive training ... as to how to schedule which(?) body parts vs. which days off, when to employ intensity vs. moderation, etc.

My goal now is not to improve each week or each training cycle so much as to (1) reach indeterminate-length half-marathons in better shape than when I began, and (2), to reach the marathon finishing line at all :)

M.Greger87

Reaction score
Welcome and good job. Plateaus are a normal part of losing or gaining. Eventually the dam breaks and shit starts flowing again. Be patient

Reaction score
Been a while since I have an update….
Weight down to 205 and waist at 32”!!!! Still moderating my carb intake and taking prescribed thyroid medication along with 25 mcg of T3 daily. Feeling really good. Have a little saggy skin around the midsection, but I guess that is to be expected.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Been a while since I have an update….
Weight down to 205 and waist at 32”!!!! Still moderating my carb intake and taking prescribed thyroid medication along with 25 mcg of T3 daily. Feeling really good. Have a little saggy skin around the midsection, but I guess that is to be expected.
congrats on your progress

New Threads