Fasting for Blood test

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How important is it to fast for the hormone portion of the female panel? I want to check my E2 and hematocrit. I didn't think fasting would matter for these and had something to eat this AM. Either I get the blood drawn today or I have to wait a week because of scheduling. I think I have let my E2 creep up. I am running mast this cycle and I think it is masking some of the things that would have prompted me to increase my AI.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fasting is NOT required for that test.

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry I just read the msg properly.

If you are testing for:

DHEA-S
Estradiol (an estrogen)
Free and Total Testosterone
Progesterone

Fasting is not required.Popeye is right

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fast for only blood sugar testing and lipid panel, though lipids aren't too affected, it will still be noticeable

cougar

Reaction score
Yea thats a good question, they told me 12 hours. But that may be standard, like popeye said, its probally what test your getting - he's a smart man..

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Slow day at Labcorp today, had to wait for and hour to get stuck. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Loss of libido, lethargy, some puffiness. kind of a nagging headache not feeling real sharp. I was trying to go easy on the Aromasin like E3D or just if the nips got itchy. All of a sudden I realize I don't feel like King shit any more, and I don't feel like screwing anything that moves. In fact as bizarre as it sounds I didn't care about screwing at all. Definite sign something is up. I am sure you already know this, but Masteron can act like a SERM and block the action of estrogen in some tissues. It does not however keep Test from aromatising into estrogen. So me thinking I'll know if my E2 starts climbing cause my nips will itch was not a good way to gauge things. I am going to pop 25mg/day of Aromasin until I get the results back.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Loss of libido, lethargy, some puffiness. kind of a nagging headache not feeling real sharp. I was trying to go easy on the Aromasin like E3D or just if the nips got itchy. All of a sudden I realize I don't feel like King shit any more, and I don't feel like screwing anything that moves. In fact as bizarre as it sounds I didn't care about screwing at all. Definite sign something is up. I am sure you already know this, but Masteron can act like a SERM and block the action of estrogen in some tissues. It does not however keep Test from aromatising into estrogen. So me thinking I'll know if my E2 starts climbing cause my nips will itch was not a good way to gauge things. I am going to pop 25mg/day of Aromasin until I get the results back.

The nagging headache, I know this feeling. That's where I am now. That's why I ordered my BW tests the other night. I'm going to go in tomorrow morning. let me know how it turns out for you.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Update on this. I had it backwards. My Estradiol was low not high. hard to believe, but the test doesn't lie.

Testosterone 7380 ng/dl
Estradiol <5.1 pg/ml

I've got to go eat. I'll see if I can post up an image of the results when I return. Other than stop taking any AI and waiting any tips on getting a little E back?

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Capt'n, I usually take aromasine at 12.5 mg/eod but when running a Mast/Test stack (which I am now) I cut back my aromasine to 12.5 mg 2x wk. I have never had a gyno issue doing that. Not saying that is what is right for you but the Mast alone pretty much takes care of test for me...

Currently running 750mg test and 600 mg Mast ew

Keep us posted brother.

Much Respect,
Vette

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Really though...If you wanted a slight raise to your estro, I've read that grapefruit juice causes a slight boost. Also read that milk thistle after digesting in stomach begins to mimic the functions of estrogen.

With that said....obviously like you stated....stop using your AI as often. I wouldn't want to go beyond that.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Btest

Well I definitely made a few mistakes. I've learned from it and I'll put down what I'd rather ignore so that maybe some one else can benefit.

1. Don't be a cheap skate. I decided to use Aromasin for this cycle and wanted the best deal I could get. Instead of ordering the 12.5 mg caps I ordered the 25mg because the cost per mg is lower. I thought I could cut the tabs in half. they are well sealed caps.

2. Listen to your body. For the first few weeks I didn't run an AI on purpose. I just kept an eye out for indications I might need one. Somewhere around week three one morning it felt like some one had taken 80grit paper to my nips. I took one 25mg cap and the symmptoms went away. I did the same thing again but for some reason after that I just decided one cap every three days would be good. obviously it was too much of a good thing.

3 Don't think you know it all. I did do research and found that the Mast I am running can block estrogen in some tissues. I thought that meant that although I didn't have indications of high E like itchy nips I could still have high levels of circulating E making me feel like crap. When you think you have something figured out run it by some of your Bros that really do Know.

4. Don't go off half cocked. I was so convinced I had high E2 that even before my Blood test results came in I started taking more Aromasin driving my E down even lower. You need valid test results to make good decisions.

Even though you may be a manly man, it still takes a little Estrogen to make the world go around smoothly.

New Threads