how to cut down AI at end of blast?

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm on 500 mg / test cyp every week and next week I want to come back down to my TRT dose of 200mg/wk. Right now I take 25mg aromasin a day. So, how would I cut down the AI, do I just come back down to my TRT AI dose immediately starting Monday (2mg adex a week) or should I wait a while for the high test to clear my system? I believe it takes about 4 weeks for my blood levels to come back down. I'm wondering if my test is still high up and if I cut down my AI right away that I will start aromatizing, any suggestions?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you had issues with estrogen before? I don't see why you can't just resume your TRT regimen.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not sure what would be considered an issue, I mean not gyno or anything but, I have always ran an AI. However it is usually on the high end. On 25mg aromasin a day and 500 mg test/wk my E2 was at 47.3 which is high out of range on the blood test.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Great question user as I was considering the same issue when I come off my blast and would like to hear more input.. If i may ask a question, why do you take asin while blasting and use adex while on trt doses?

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would think you would want to taper dose down as your test levels go down. To immediately switch to trt dose of ai does not make a whole lot of sense seeing how your T levels will still be increased for a few weeks.

And I am also curious on why you switched between the arom and adex.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great question user as I was considering the same issue when I come off my blast and would like to hear more input.. If i may ask a question, why do you take asin while blasting and use adex while on trt doses?

I tried it because it seems I might be sensitive to E2, I have to take 2mg adex a week on a TRT dose and even then my E2 is on the high end. There are people take that much or less than that while cycling. So, I was concerned as to how much adex I would end up taking on my blast so I decided to try aromasin. When I asked around about my concern people said maybe I don't respond to adex and to try aromasin. So, I decided to try it on my first blast. I was kind of considering to stick to aromasin because everybody says that adex has a rebound effect on E2 and aromasin is a suicide inhibitor or whatever to E2. Only reason I'm thinking of going back to adex is because of not having to take aromasin every day (due to half life), also that and the cost, liquid aromasin is more expensive than liquid adex, at least where I got mine.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would think you would want to taper dose down as your test levels go down. To immediately switch to trt dose of ai does not make a whole lot of sense seeing how your T levels will still be increased for a few weeks.

now I just have to figure out how much to taper down without crashing my E2... lol i guess i'll try to lower it down .25 mg a week? so i'll continue with 25mg a day for the first week, then about 20mg ED for the next week, then 15mg ED for another week, then I guess down to 6 mg ED for the last week and it will have been about a month so I guess switch to adex then 2mg a week?

pirovoliko

Reaction score

This was my thinking as well assuming that T levels will be high for a few weeks, which I think its safe to assume will be the case.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
taper and get blood tests to see what is actually happening

pirovoliko

Reaction score
now I just have to figure out how much to taper down without crashing my E2... lol i guess i'll try to lower it down .25 mg a week? so i'll continue with 25mg a day for the first week, then about 20mg ED for the next week, then 15mg ED for another week, then I guess down to 6 mg ED for the last week and it will have been about a month so I guess switch to adex then 2mg a week?

Bloodwork would be key here..obviously at end of cycle and perhaps at some intermediate time (1-2 weeks later) so you can gauge when you might switch back to adex dose for trt comfortably...

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i run 80 est while on my trt dose, contacted my endo and since i had no problems, itchy nips or swelling she just said don't sweat it . i thought i would be smart and took 1 12.5 aro and had sore joints for a week.so use it for what it's worth

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bloodwork would be key here..obviously at end of cycle and perhaps at some intermediate time (1-2 weeks later) so you can gauge when you might switch back to adex dose for trt comfortably...

Great idea!