does time on really =time off?

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This guy and I were talking about this subject, he basically said as long as you fully recover you can jump right back on no need in waiting 4 months if you were on for 4 months. Any truth to this?.

SAD

Reaction score
Yes, there is truth to that.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what does the blood work show? i think is the answer the 1 for 1 thing is just a guideline

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
This guy and I were talking about this subject, he basically said as long as you fully recover you can jump right back on no need in waiting 4 months if you were on for 4 months. Any truth to this?.

I don't know anyone that competes in Powerlifting or BBing that follows any of that stuff.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that competes in Powerlifting or BBing that follows any of that stuff.

^^Wut he said! But for the average user, probably shud fallow that or at least half of the time that they were on. As well there are also guys whom cruise between blast/heavy cycles or are on a trt dose to give there body some time off. So it's really up to you and how well you know your body, when it needs some down time from a heavy run and cruise on a low dose, but this is just my two cents/advice. I cruise....

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IMO this is the rule for people that don't do blood work. If everything looks good in the blood and you have returned to normal, why wait?

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on this matter. Ok if you're just doing it to be jacked give yourself time for your Hpta to fully recover. Not only we talking about maybe doing permanent famage to yourself you have to let your body get used to the excess weight you just added. Time on time off is a thing we say to new guys cause lord knows they don't get bloods. I run two cycles a year. One fall one spring and usually not a very lengthy cycle. 12-14 weeks. Also alot of new comers replace good nutrition with shitty food and aas. This often means trouble. Also when on harsher compounds like tren can be kind of hidden. Tren is very harsh and though your test may be back up and lh and fsh got the ball bag working tren still can take months to fully recover from. I tell everyone if you're not competing or on trt give your body time to heal an adapt to the new added weight.

Reaction score
It's totally ester dependent saying time on = time off isn't very accurate if your on something like deca , where you will still be shut down weeeeeks down the road .

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Very compound dependent and is why we tell the new what to do but do the opposite lol.

One would be foolish to run 8 to 12 weeks of tren then repeat without proper time off same with all harsh compounds.

This is what I did all year I ran short cycle with little time off of just test and mast p then I ran it with var and took some time off although I cruise as low as 200mg week then I ran tren and test adding var and tbol but the orals got cut short due to a gallbladder attack.

Point is I kept it mild then went harsher then I would have went back to milder with cruises in between. I even cruised with test and mast p for months.

I got blood work done in ER during the gallbladder attack and was told nothing alarming was going on but my kidneys and lives was running a tad high, that is from the tren and my kidneys always run high from muscle mass and protein intake and they even said that is what the cause of the kidneys being high is and the liver was because of the gallbladder this was about a week off tren a. We will look at the liver again after surgery.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on this matter. Ok if you're just doing it to be jacked give yourself time for your Hpta to fully recover. Not only we talking about maybe doing permanent famage to yourself you have to let your body get used to the excess weight you just added. Time on time off is a thing we say to new guys cause lord knows they don't get bloods. I run two cycles a year. One fall one spring and usually not a very lengthy cycle. 12-14 weeks. Also alot of new comers replace good nutrition with shitty food and aas. This often means trouble. Also when on harsher compounds like tren can be kind of hidden. Tren is very harsh and though your test may be back up and lh and fsh got the ball bag working tren still can take months to fully recover from. I tell everyone if you're not competing or on trt give your body time to heal an adapt to the new added weight.

Perfect answer for a Mod and I like SAD's way too because if you really look at it hard enough he says yes there is truth to it the without saying it there is a but at the end of that sentence lol.

Play smart don't harsh up all year long that is just plain stupid and irresponsible.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah its a good idea to let your body get used to holding the amount of muscle you have gained.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BigHerm's approach is bang-on, IMO. Two cycles per year, 12-14 weeks, then off or cruise (I cruise much like SFG) in between to recover. Bloods before the start of each new cycle.

I believe this approach will allow you to stay in the game longer and more safely so.

Peace.

- Savage

Santaklaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If your bloods are normal there is no reason to wait any longer. If you don't get bloods you're guessing on every little thing that might appear a little off. Bloods are important. Especially if you're using a ugl you're not familiar with...

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The way I understand is its a good rule of thumb BUT bloodwork has the final say either way.