Off Deca & Onto Nerve Damage

Reaction score
So after 4 months on Deca I've cycled off. Now I've got radial nerve damage getting treated by PT, Tylenol & Ganapentin when needed. This happened 3 weeks after I stopped deca--significant strength loss on my right side in general as well.

Anyone else run into this?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
An actual doctor diagnosed you with nerve damage? What tests did they use to determine this?

Reaction score
An actual doctor diagnosed you with nerve damage? What tests did they use to determine this?
Xray only not MRI. Doctor put it on my record as suspected radiculopathy, presenting radial nerve pain originating from upper right scapular.

(It was so intense a week ago that I took a trip to the ER. PT has helped so far and cutting down weight load on average 15-20% has helped as well, even have less numbness/tingling in right index/middle finger.)

What's annoying me most is the right side so much weaker now than before. Its significant. No longer bust out 185lb bench reps like nothing. Even 135lb, it's like my right pec is switched off.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Xray only not MRI. Doctor put it on my record as suspected radiculopathy, presenting radial nerve pain originating from upper right scapular.

(It was so intense a week ago that I took a trip to the ER. PT has helped so far and cutting down weight load on average 15-20% has helped as well, even have less numbness/tingling in right index/middle finger.)

What's annoying me most is the right side so much weaker now than before. Its significant. No longer bust out 185lb bench reps like nothing. Even 135lb, it's like my right pec is switched off.
I don't know how they could diagnose this using only x ray. Soft tissue will not show up on X-ray results. You'd need a CAT scan or MRI to be a le to see that.

I had a similar issue, I had impingement a long my radial nerve but it originated due to "frozen shoulder". Continue to work with your doctor, but I suspect what you actually are feeling is a referred pain/distress.... and that the problem actually is somewhere else.

Deca doesn't cause neuropathy. So it's more than likely what you are experiencing an injury that was being masked by the Deca. The injury is what needs to be identified and fixed.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
The test is called an NCV or NCS , nerve conduction velocity test , they glue patches to you and send current through your nerves and measure the velocity that the impulse travels. that shit dont show up on xrays.

Good times.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
are you thinking it's from nandrolone or some kind of contaminated product ?

Reaction score
I had a pinched nerve and numbness in my fingers. Physical therapy helped immensely. I stopped training upper body while doing PT for it. It went away in a few months once I started PT.

Within another few months I was back to normal and all my strength had returned.

Good luck. Hope your outcome is as good or better than mine.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
The test is called an NCV or NCS , nerve conduction velocity test , they glue patches to you and send current through your nerves and measure the velocity that the impulse travels. that shit dont show up on xrays.

Good times.
I had something like this done but with needles. The first time was done by a technician that was not fun. The second time was done by the Dr and it wasn't too bad.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I had something like this done but with needles. The first time was done by a technician that was not fun. The second time was done by the Dr and it wasn't too bad.
Ive had it done a few times after the stroke. My whole right side was fucked at first , couldn't even blink my eye.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not sure if your saying the Deca caused this or the stopping had something to do with it but I doubt either is a factor. Just an FYI, the Deca is still in your system 3 weeks post cycle.

There's whole host of things that could be causing your condition so you need to leave it to the professional. If anything, I'd pin it on something to do with your lifting.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but I need to ask, you've been on a cycle for 4 months and your workout weight on the bench is 185 for reps? Just trying to wrap my mind around that. Everyone is at a different place so please don't take any offense to my question.

Reader591

Reaction score
I had my medial and radial nerve pinched in my neck, causing my entire right arm to go to sleep and all my fingers too, especially at night when sleeping. That crap sucked. Luckily it didn’t take much to fix me up.

Not saying this is you at all, but remember you can have refered pain too. Meaning the origin of the problem isn’t where you feel it.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Only thing I ever tried that gave me "nerve damage" or finger tingles , itchy hands was MK677. Hands were all tingly and puffy feeling , took a few months to get the feeling back in my left hand all the way and my thumb ... fuck that shit. never again.

Reaction score
I had my medial and radial nerve pinched in my neck, causing my entire right arm to go to sleep and all my fingers too, especially at night when sleeping. That crap sucked. Luckily it didn’t take much to fix me up.

Not saying this is you at all, but remember you can have refered pain too. Meaning the origin of the problem isn’t where you feel it.
Pretty sure we're in the same boat. PT exercises w lighter weight at the gym have helped immensely in a short amount of time w the pain.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if your saying the Deca caused this or the stopping had something to do with it but I doubt either is a factor. Just an FYI, the Deca is still in your system 3 weeks post cycle.

There's whole host of things that could be causing your condition so you need to leave it to the professional. If anything, I'd pin it on something to do with your lifting.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but I need to ask, you've been on a cycle for 4 months and your workout weight on the bench is 185 for reps? Just trying to wrap my mind around that. Everyone is at a different place so please don't take any offense to my question.
No offense taken. Should have clarified that I was not blaming Deca. It just masked the pain which came on hard once it cleared my system.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
No offense taken. Should have clarified that I was not blaming Deca. It just masked the pain which came on hard once it cleared my system.
Well like I said, the Deca didn't clear that quick. Just some ballpark numbers on that, you're looking at a half-life of about 7 days. Take five times the half-life for it to clear so you're looking at at least 5 weeks.

Deca also, isn't anything that masks the pain. There certainly no analgesic properties in it and I would even question the tendon synthesis that some people credit it for.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Well like I said, the Deca didn't clear that quick. Just some ballpark numbers on that, you're looking at a half-life of about 7 days. Take five times the half-life for it to clear so you're looking at at least 5 weeks.

Deca also, isn't anything that masks the pain. There certainly no analgesic properties in it and I would even question the tendon synthesis that some people credit it for.
it can add add synovial fluid to the joint, creating more space in that joint and relieving pressure.

So while it's not an analgesic, it can still indirectly mask existing issues... especially if it's from a narrowed joint space

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
it can add add synovial fluid to the joint, creating more space in that joint and relieving pressure.

So while it's not an analgesic, it can still indirectly mask existing issues... especially if it's from a narrowed joint space
right on

Thats one of the reason i love it , my knees and shoulders dont feel like they grind on themselves so much. Its not fixing anything or masking pain , it just puts fluid in there so you get some of the cushion back and lubrication ,, giggity

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
right on

Thats one of the reason i love it , my knees and shoulders dont feel like they grind on themselves so much. Its not fixing anything or masking pain , it just puts fluid in there so you get some of the cushion back and lubrication ,, giggity
well, if it fixed the grinding sensation then it must have also reduced feelings of pain/inflammation too right?

New Threads