Gym fights!!

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I almost got into a fight last night at my gym, this older guy is always by himself working out he's like 6'6" medium build, well we got to the leg extension machine at the same time and I told him politely if we could work out together but he didn't answer to me instead he gave a stare like if he wanted to fight me and then he went off about people not having respect and always trying to cut him off every time that he wanted to use a machine, I told him that I only wanted to work out together so we wouldn't waste any time waiting for each other, that's when he started pushing me so I threw him to the ground and kept him there. Well we both got kicked out of the gym for that day. I found out that this guy spent 16 years in prison and he just got out a couple of years ago, we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. Have u guys got into fights at the gym. I usually keep my head down so I don't make eye contact with people.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
When I was going to the gym not at all. Don't even fuck with that guy, he just got out of the prison for 16 yrs? That alone is enough to hang your head for the rest of your life. Take it easy on him. He probably thinks of all the years wasted. If I was you go up to him and apologize for the misunderstanding. You never know maybe you make a friend.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't give in to him. He's a bully and got what he deserves. You don't have to start shit, but you don't have to take it either.

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry tilly, but mama didn't raise no bitch! I would've done the same, or at least tried to... 6' 6" is pretty big lol. I've never got into a fight at the gym and actually have only been in one fight as an adult (lots as a teenager though).

There are lots of dudes up at the gym that I feel like are mean-mugging me for no reason. Jealousy maybe? IDK... People are gonna hate dude.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I was going to the gym not at all. Don't even fuck with that guy, he just got out of the prison for 16 yrs? That alone is enough to hang your head for the rest of your life. Take it easy on him. He probably thinks of all the years wasted. If I was you go up to him and apologize for the misunderstanding. You never know maybe you make a friend.

Sorry Tilly but I disagree with apologize part, Fk him ! U came at him correct and he came at u side ways, I'm not a guy to never look for problems never but if u come at me I'm slapping u the Fk up. Try to just avoid problems but if he is still pushing it handle urs :tren:

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't give in to him. He's a bully and got what he deserves. You don't have to start shit, but you don't have to take it either.

Same here. Maybe the guy was having a bad day and he will have a new attitude next time you see him. None the less dont let him push you around.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for girls in yoga pants fighting videos.

For real though, I don't tolerate shit like that either. Good job man

Braw16

Reaction score
Yep I've been kicked out two gyms for good when I was in Illinois. People are stupid including me. I don't agree Tilly he was in the right and if you want to run your mouth then you should know someone might shut it for you. Both mine I did not start but I ended them there are a lot of haters out there. Fuck that guy just because you were in prison don't mean shit you still need to show some respect

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Going to take the opposite perspective here and side with most of what Tilly offered.

Ask yourself "How far am I willing to go if this situation escalates?" Hand to hand? Sure, you'd better be willing to defend yourself. What if he pulls a knife? You got one too? OK, are you willing to use it? How about a strap? You got one also you say? Ever have to pull it on anyone? Think you could pull the trigger?

My point is just this: if he's been on the inside for 16 years, good chance that he's willing to escalate (and rapidly so) to a level that you're not willing to match. Am assuming this only from the fact that most people don't do 16 years for a bit of weed. Given there was no real threat here (a leg extension machine? go hit the squat rack and shake your head & laugh at his rant) there's no reason to challenge this dude at all. No reason to apologize either, but I'd steer clear of him unless you truly have no choice but to fight.

Be safe. Keep that machismo sh1t for when you're really in a tough spot and have no outs.

Respect,

- Savage

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what would pfm do?

waiting for him to show up.

oldskool954

Reaction score
Ya nah man prison or not you can't bow out to no one. Don't grill the guy and look for xtra beef if you see him at the gym but most def watch your back when your around him because mofo's don't have much honor and will creep with sneaky snuffs.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a physical fight in a gym in all my years of working out. Just a few pissing matches. There have been a couple of times that I felt disrespected & wanted to go upside someones head with a plate though. That just made my workout much better. My workouts are great when I'm pissed off.

Oh yea, fuck that guy. I couldn't disagree more with Tilly on this.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PFM would come back the next day with a home made shank!

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Going to take the opposite perspective here and side with most of what Tilly offered.

Ask yourself "How far am I willing to go if this situation escalates?" Hand to hand? Sure, you'd better be willing to defend yourself. What if he pulls a knife? You got one too? OK, are you willing to use it? How about a strap? You got one also you say? Ever have to pull it on anyone? Think you could pull the trigger?

My point is just this: if he's been on the inside for 16 years, good chance that he's willing to escalate (and rapidly so) to a level that you're not willing to match. Am assuming this only from the fact that most people don't do 16 years for a bit of weed. Given there was no real threat here (a leg extension machine? go hit the squat rack and shake your head & laugh at his rant) there's no reason to challenge this dude at all. No reason to apologize either, but I'd steer clear of him unless you truly have no choice but to fight.

Be safe. Keep that machismo sh1t for when you're really in a tough spot and have no outs.

Respect,

- Savage

gotta have boundaries brother. If the dude pulls a weapon obviously its time to stop. Surely witnesses saw this and he is surely on parole.

If I was getting pushed by someone I could never just turn and walk away. And ESPECIALLY somewhere where I show my face almost daily.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
But on another note,consider it water under the bridge for you. You dont want to get caught up in a physcial brawl and have the chance of being arrested for aggravated assault and battery,you have more going on in your life that you could loose, as opposed to him, who probably has nothing to loose. Always keep a level head, but dont let anyone disrespect you physically

mattyice

Reaction score
Tell the gym manager have this guy removed. If he pushes you tell the police have the guy removed. If he punches you whoop his ass. It not worth the risk going to jail. I served time a while back... It is not anything to make light of... living in close quarters with a bunch of animals. It doesnt matter how tough you are... Believe me.

oldskool954

Reaction score
PFM would come back the next day with a home made shank!

Ya that he made by chewing up glass and steel that when he spits it out its engraved liberal homo cleaner

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The apology needs to come from him. IF he apologizes accept it graciously ... if he doesn't apologize FUCK HIM.... don't make eye contact with him unless you have to but know where he is at all times and don't let him behind you.

Don't wear anything that can be pulled up over your head for a few days. Find out who his PO is if you can in case you need that info and ask the gym for video of the incident to show he was the aggressor.

Keep your keys in your hand to and from the car in a manner that will allow you to use the largest key as a weapon.

Fuck that bastard. We got your back brother.

As for the original question: Yes, one fight, lasted about 20 seconds. He swung and missed and I swung and connected. He dropped like the wet POS he was. He was standing in front of the dumbbell rack watching himself curl about 20 lbs. Each time I needed to get to the rack he was in the way so I finally walked between him and the rack and he said "Are you fucking serious man?". I said, I am serious that if you back the fuck up your drool will land on the mat and your skinny ass won't be in the way of people trying to use the dumbbells... he dropped his dumbells and 'flailed at me' like a bitch. I knocked him the fuck out and got my shit and left.

I see him from time to time and he just minds his business and I mind my business. I still want to beat his ass because one punch gave me no satisfaction whatsoever.

Stand tall- but stand smart brother. The mind is the most powerful of weapons.

Much Respect,
Vette

New Threads