80% of Americans test positive for chemical that reduces fertility

The chemical is called chlormequat and is commonly added to oat based products.

The “highly toxic agricultural chemical” is federally allowed to be used on oats and other grains imported to the US, according to the EWG.

When applied to oat and grain crops, chlormequat alters a plant’s growth, preventing it from bending over and thus making it easier to harvest, per the EWG.

Adding to the concern, the chemical has recently been given the green light in more products:

However, the EWG noted, the US Environmental Protection Agency under President Biden’s administration proposed allowing the first-ever use of chlormequat on barley, oat, triticale and wheat grown in the US.

The EWG declared that it opposes the “dangerous” April 2023 decision — which came in response to a request by chlormequat manufacturer Taminco.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I'm medically sterile discovered that when we were trying. We ended up doing the turkey baster method which is officially called IUI. I was never specifically tested for chemicals but I'm the only one in my family with no history of. Can saw fertility rates nationally have plummeted. On a positive note was never accused of having bastard children again during arguments.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Give me all the chlormequat then... pretty sure I can't have kids anyway, but if this seals the deal then that's a bonus for me 😂

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah.

Oats are delicious and we don't need any more kids running around anyway.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also, vasectomies are expensive

New Threads