Calf Injection

Reaction score
Anybody ever IM oils in the calf? It is a thing that is sometimes done I've heard, mostly if a patient is so needle adverse they have to lay on their stomachs eyes shielded and glutes are inaccessible, infected, recently used for too many injections etc, at least that's what the nurse friend I asked said and is vaguely corroborated by a textbook I consulted.

I'm thinking about trying. Right now everything kills w/ PIP except deltoids and both of mine are tattooed with fine detail so I worry about too much scar tissue.

Going to use a 1/2 inch insulin syringe, and should for right in the meat of the gastroc, well above where it and the soleus drop into the achilles. I can't imagine putting a needle straight into the achilles tendon would feel great.

Reaction score
Worked fine, very smooth.
It went fine bro.

I don't actually have bad pip elsewhere, it's more mild but rotating injection sites a lot is more important than many make it out to be and I do have some, to clarify.

Reaction score
I'm basically a thrashing psych patient being held down by four orderlies and shot in the calf with haldol because I have shit in my underwear so they wont use glutes, except only on the inside

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
I'm basically a thrashing psych patient being held down by four orderlies and shot in the calf with haldol because I have shit in my underwear so they wont use glutes, except only on the inside

Lmao wtf is this about?

I’m surprised you didn’t have any pip in the calves and being a virgin muscle for injection. I’ve heard they hurt. I’ve never done them, but I have considered them lately. I’m thrown my chest in lately and rotate pecs. So simple if 1ml or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
OP is an absolute mad lad if this isn’t a troll job.
I like the direction this is going with the pysch patient stuff. I'm going to let this ride out a little, in hopes it becomes funny.

I hope I'm not disappointed 😏

Reaction score
Anybody ever IM oils in the calf? It is a thing that is sometimes done I've heard, mostly if a patient is so needle adverse they have to lay on their stomachs eyes shielded and glutes are inaccessible, infected, recently used for too many injections etc, at least that's what the nurse friend I asked said and is vaguely corroborated by a textbook I consulted.

I'm thinking about trying. Right now everything kills w/ PIP except deltoids and both of mine are tattooed with fine detail so I worry about too much scar tissue.

Going to use a 1/2 inch insulin syringe, and should for right in the meat of the gastroc, well above where it and the soleus drop into the achilles. I can't imagine putting a needle straight into the achilles tendon would feel great.
It's hit and miss with calf injections in my experience. Try it. You will soon know if calf injections work for you.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I don't know who'd remember the dude "event" (maybe some other older bros remember) that used a 1.5" on his calf and ended up with a DVT. I believe he died.

Now will you die? Probably. I got lucky and lived. But...that event guy died.

I don't even think he's a "fallen member"...think he just died and therefore didn't login anymore.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried injecting into the masseter or the sternocleidomastoid? Seems like this would be just as effective no? What about just directly into the plantar fascia or even between the toes like a Heroin addict?

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score

How much and what was it? I always heard this was really asking for pip. I've seen hundreds of IMs in an ER and pscyh setting and never once seen them even consider one in the calf.. And mind you I once saw a freaked out travel nurse dart a dude in the quad through soiled jeans covered in what looked like yellow shit. I almost puked. (this happened because he was doing some exorcist level behavior)

New Threads