Cant figure out a solid routine here for help

Reaction score
Hi, been sifting through the forum here for a while and decided to jump in. Recently divorced?m, been working out essentially my entire life but deem to just be going downhill.

37 years old , 6’1” ~192lbs. I think I look decent still but starting to turn into a dad bod. Hate it.

Current routine is a workout at lunch (mon- legs, tuesday push, wednesday High intensity stairs, thursday pull evening high intensity treadmill and friday is a mix of entire body.)

I just feel lost. Anyways reading some threads here to eventually find my way. See photo belowIMG_6508.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks. Ill try to find some diet work. Felt it was my training. I love to eat!!

Reaction score
I mean, you've got muscle for sure, but you've got the definition of a Stretch Armstrong toy.

Let's get a peak under that hood (not a euphamism), what's your diet look like?
What have you eaten the last 3 days? food and respective weight, please.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I mean, you've got muscle for sure, but you've got the definition of a Stretch Armstrong toy.

Let's get a peak under that hood (not a euphamism), what's your diet look like?
What have you eaten the last 3 days? food and respective weight, please.

Agreed. There's some decent muscle under there. Just needs to strip off the fat that's covering it up. Chest looks solid.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Well you made me laugh. That doesent happen too often in intro unless yano posts.

When you know something is wrong it seems all to obvious to ask what you like to do and what you don't. Usually it is the stuff you dont like that is the problem.

Btw. Just saying you do cardio ( hard to do cardio not using legs) you have a dedicated leg day. And you do the stair master one day.

You may be one of the few who over train legs. I honestly expected to see a 6 foot tom platz. Again it is obvious you like leg training but not arms.

Anyhow all the best. A few tweeks and you will be solid. Just get on top of that diet. Make sure every muscle group gets a workout and you will have this.
Welcome.
Great intro.

Reaction score
Hi, been sifting through the forum here for a while and decided to jump in. Recently divorced?m, been working out essentially my entire life but deem to just be going downhill.

37 years old , 6’1” ~192lbs. I think I look decent still but starting to turn into a dad bod. Hate it.

Current routine is a workout at lunch (mon- legs, tuesday push, wednesday High intensity stairs, thursday pull evening high intensity treadmill and friday is a mix of entire body.)

I just feel lost. Anyways reading some threads here to eventually find my way. See photo belowView attachment 50539
Hey there! I know divorce can be tough, but it's great that you're staying committed to your fitness routine. Feeling lost is normal, especially during big life changes. At 37, you've still got plenty of time to make positive changes. Have you thought about mixing up your workouts with full-body exercises a few times a week? It might help keep things interesting and prevent plateaus. Also, don't forget about eating well and giving yourself enough rest. Remember, fitness is a journey, and it's okay to have ups and downs. Keep at it, stay positive, and you'll find your way!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Hey there! I know divorce can be tough, but it's great that you're staying committed to your fitness routine. Feeling lost is normal, especially during big life changes. At 37, you've still got plenty of time to make positive changes. Have you thought about mixing up your workouts with full-body exercises a few times a week? It might help keep things interesting and prevent plateaus. Also, don't forget about eating well and giving yourself enough rest. Remember, fitness is a journey, and it's okay to have ups and downs. Keep at it, stay positive, and you'll find your way!
You should make a new member introduction post in the new members section.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Has AI infiltrated the board now.
bots have been around since before I joined, that much is for certain. Not sure if this is a bot or a person using something like chatGPT and doing a copy/paste.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I could turn u into a ripped monster in a year or less..You have a good frame for bb

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
people make this shit to complicated all u need to do is go lift weights and do cardio with a good diet

Jenn_is_Jenning

Female Alpha Leader
Reaction score
Your "pre dad bod" is still a hell of a lot nicer than any dude i ever get to see IRL...

Trenbolonely

Reaction score
Lifting and cardio sound decent.
Do you get a set number of steps in? What does the cardio look like? Do you shoot for a certain time doing cardio per week ?

Working out at lunch is great, try and get meal prep sorted after work and it should be easy bro. Just clean up the diet and cut snacking. If you really like food cook clean good planned meals and the diet doesn’t have to be tedious.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
just clean up the diet
do some fasted cardio

ps sorry for your marriage didn't work out. no kids hopefully/ property splitting ?