cruising dosages for competitive bodybuilding

Reaction score
hello i’m currently on my first cycle of test e at 400migs a week pinned ed. my stats are 5’11 200 24years old at 13% bf. bench is 385 squat is 455 (just started squatting 6 months ago after 5 years of lifting without doing them) my goals are to fill out more and step on stage in the near future. i run bloodwork every 4-6 weeks and havnt touched an ai or serm so far in the cycle. am i okay to continue at this dosage for up to 6-8 months? or would it be wise to stop around 12-14 weeks and lower to a try dose before blasting again 3-4 months down the line if the blood work alows it?

Reaction score
I cruise a lot. By this I mean that I'm consistently running more than my normal TRT dose.
If you're keeping up with your bloods every 4 weeks, you'll be the first to know about issues that may come. You can mitigate them or dial it back, whatever is necessary.
My PCP is always nagging about my higher than normal levels. She spits all this propaganda like: "if you keep on, you'll eventually become impotent. You'll have permanent Erectile Disfunction."
I have never heard such a thing to be honest. I'd like to see some literature on this topic.

Reaction score
how long do you typically cruise that high before dropping to trt? what’s you’re prescribed dose? do the gains ever slow down blasting that long?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
how long do you typically cruise that high before dropping to trt? what’s you’re prescribed dose? do the gains ever slow down blasting that long?
A cruise isn't a blast. I cruise at 500mg/wk, and drop down to trt about 6wks before seeing my endo.

Reaction score
how often do you typically blast cruising at 500? and do you blast with another compound on top or just more test?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I cruise a lot. By this I mean that I'm consistently running more than my normal TRT dose.
If you're keeping up with your bloods every 4 weeks, you'll be the first to know about issues that may come. You can mitigate them or dial it back, whatever is necessary.
My PCP is always nagging about my higher than normal levels. She spits all this propaganda like: "if you keep on, you'll eventually become impotent. You'll have permanent Erectile Disfunction."
I have never heard such a thing to be honest. I'd like to see some literature on this topic.
Not true. 1) Many of your lab derangements are gonna show up after damage is being done. 2) damage is not necessarily going to show up on your bloodwork. I personally know someone who never, never had other than a normal lipid panel (cholesterol levels). Heart attack, stroke and an Iliac stent later, still normal. Don't kid yourselves into thinking just because your lab values are within normal limits that everything is fine.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Not true. 1) Many of your lab derangements are gonna show up after damage is being done. 2) damage is not necessarily going to show up on your bloodwork. I personally know someone who never, never had other than a normal lipid panel (cholesterol levels). Heart attack, stroke and an Iliac stent later, still normal. Don't kid yourselves into thinking just because your lab values are within normal limits that everything is fine.
Don't stop there, give us the full work up of what we should be having do for our annual checkup.. genuinely curious. I get bloods minimum every 3 months, see my endo annually, some radiographer of some sort to scan my kidneys, my cardiologist annually for an ekg and echo but what else is there? Never had a calcium score, is it worth it at 33yo?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
how often do you typically blast cruising at 500? and do you blast with another compound on top or just more test?
Sometimes once a year for 16-20wks, sometimes not at all. Usually it would be 3-5 main players at one point or another in my blast.. test, mast, tren, methyl tren, and hgh is pretty common for me

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't stop there, give us the full work up of what we should be having do for our annual checkup.. genuinely curious. I get bloods minimum every 3 months, see my endo annually, some radiographer of some sort to scan my kidneys, my cardiologist annually for an ekg and echo but what else is there? Never had a calcium score, is it worth it at 33yo?
That covers it pretty well. Wouldn't worry about the calcium. Still doesn't mean all is well. EKG and echo aren't going to show plaque formation and CAD until cardiac function is affected. Older people who develop CAD (coronary artery disease) and develop this Iverson many years also develop collateral circulation. In younger people this hasn't had time to occur. And by younger I mean generally below age 65. I personally knew a bodybuilder who dropped dead at 54 shooting pool with his buddies. We all know of these guys. Two things: you don't know what underlying conditions or genetic predisposition you have until you do (ie until they rear their ugly head), and the "widowmaker" is not really predictable, although all these guys (Rhoden,
MCMillan, Hollibaugh, etc..) were using AAS. We all know the risks, and if we don't we shouldn't be doing gear. It's a choice and a decision. Some guys get away with it, some don't. Just don't think anything you do will prevent bad shit from happening. Like smoking. Just cause you see a pulmonologist doesn't mean you're not gonna get lung CA from smoking. And by the time you know, it's too late. There will be pain. You can mitigate problems with an otherwise healthy lifestyle, but not prevent. So no, using AAS I'd never a good idea for anyone, but then to me neither is riding a motorcycle or skiing black diamond runs.

Reaction score
What about CRP though? Did they monitor that?

Reaction score
Woah!! Why the fuck has everyone only preached (that I've seen) most usually that whole- bloods bloods bloods jazz?? Where is all this other information? What are these other tests we should or could be getting??
Yes I know those risks, but I was under the impression full workup bloods would show just about any problems before they became major or severe life threatening issues.
I've been under coach after coach and even one of them who espoused as a doctor from UGBB. No one ever mentioned other tests we could take to see how healthy we are, relating to anabolic use.
Why do we see time after time- get your bloods first- before anyone will even begin to entertain advising someone in/to their cycles?
If there are predominant issues like this, that can't even be foreseen, why the hell did my BB doctor, give me access to, and recommend I take really hard cycles, because "your bloods look good"??
I'm kind of upset about all this.
I feel like I know absolutely nothing.. the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Reaction score
hello i’m currently on my first cycle of test e at 400migs a week pinned ed. my stats are 5’11 200 24years old at 13% bf. bench is 385 squat is 455 (just started squatting 6 months ago after 5 years of lifting without doing them) my goals are to fill out more and step on stage in the near future. i run bloodwork every 4-6 weeks and havnt touched an ai or serm so far in the cycle. am i okay to continue at this dosage for up to 6-8 months? or would it be wise to stop around 12-14 weeks and lower to a try dose before blasting again 3-4 months down the line if the blood work alows it?
Wait what. You pin test e every day for 409mg a week
Or 400mg every day for the week

Reaction score
If all your bloods are normal
A calcium score with tell you if you have early onset of cardio vascular diseas..
Hardening if the arteries…
I had one at 38. It was zero. I had one 2 years ago it was 8 and I am 47 now

Reaction score
I get a full blood panel every 3 months from my dr..
The only thing that is yo is my cholesterol. I tad but. My try is normal. And everything else.
Also my liver enzymes are a tad high sometimes depending what I am taking.
But when I see him I make sure my test level is normal.
That’s why I use 300mg of test cyp that he perscribes and if I am blasting I used ally run prop. Whatever to make up. Maybe 5/600 mg on top of the cyp.
This way I can stop a bit before my blood draw and be back to my normal..
I usually check in at around 9-1000ng’s.

One time I missed judge tues it’s I was taking and went in there with a test if 3600ng. He about fucking hit the ceiling..

Charger69

Reaction score
EKG can detect arrhythmia which can be the results of stimulants. You do not necessarily feel it so you don’t know until an EKG
You can get an ultrasound for the kidneys and you can get a stress test for the heart.
Blood tests usually do signal that something is going wrong.
If you are going to compete, forget about getting bloods every 3 months.
I get checked once a year. I would say that you need about six weeks after a cycle to get bloods checked. … especially if just after a competition. That is when I do it. The rest of the season I am cycling or cruising. When I get bloods I am off everything, even test at TRT levels. You can get them on TRT, but I do not.
The Che k of your kidneys can also be accomplished with the 24 hour urine but it is a pass fail test. And doesn’t tell much except further testing is necessary.
I have been through the testing mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty sure, but you never know, that Rhoden, McMillan were getting regular workup. NO, lab work isn't gonna show of you have that coronary occlusion or impending stroke that's gonna take you out. Sure, if your cholesterol ratio is too high that's a sign that you may have an issue down the road and you need to adress it, but there's no grunted that you're going to be safe. We mitigate what we can, but in the end, just like everything else we do in life, the risks are there and if you chose to pursue you need to be aware that that's what could be in store for you. Plenty of guys never do any blood work or other work hps and are fine, plenty others do it all and go out young anyway. This is part of the reason why I kinda harp on smallest dose to do the job. Example: 600 tren/week is not the smallest dose to do the job or your training, diet, sleep, tren, or something else is shit. Same goes for any any other compound. And that still doesn't get you out if the woods. Just shit to keep in mind. Everyone proceeds until apprehended......

And for above post by Charger, all this is true and should be done. BUT, still doesn't mean you are safe. I have seen all this shit, fellas. Normal EkG, normal labs, heart attack. I work with this shit. AND this isn't even in guys taking AAS. When you decide to use AAS you have crossed the line from the healthy pursuit of the iron game to the unhealthy. Not saying don't use, not being an alarmist, just a realist.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait what. You pin test e every day for 409mg a week
Or 400mg every day for the week
i’m at 400 mg a week about 3 weeks in rn i was pinning ed but i’ve switched to e3d it’s more enjoyable for me personally. i’ll be going to the trt dr tuesday and getting my protocol in place for after this blast. i’ve had no negative sides except high blood pressure when i don’t drink enough water and i’ve seen about 10 lbs on the scale and a lot more volume anytime i bench above 3 plates now. im considering going up to 600mg here in a couple more weeks and running that for about 4-8 more before dropping to a more conservative “cruising” dose.

Reaction score
Sometimes once a year for 16-20wks, sometimes not at all. Usually it would be 3-5 main players at one point or another in my blast.. test, mast, tren, methyl tren, and hgh is pretty common for me
you seem pretty well experienced in a couple different compounds mind if i ask how you personally went about choosing what compounds to try and finding what works best? curious for future cycles/blasts