Drug Cartels

Hughinn

Reaction score
Yes. It is almost like Trump didn't know that being president was going to be hard and he couldn't just do whatever he wanted.

Trump, like many other people didn't realize the fanatic and maniacal opposition he would get over an idea that makes perfect common sense.

You could say he failed. But I would say our entire political system failed to provide the American people with a simple, common sense solution to an ongoing problem.

Literally nobody made the argument the a wall wouldn't help. Border patrol themselves said it would many times.

Nobody expected such senseless and vapid discourse would exist to prevent a sensible measure from being taken to help secure to the border.

Even now, as trolling and disingenuous of an argument you're pretending to make. It has nothing to do with the wall. You just want to throw shit at Donald Trump.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
Trump, like many other people didn't realize the fanatic and maniacal opposition he would get over an idea that makes perfect common sense.

You could say he failed. But I would say our entire political system failed to provide the American people with a simple, common sense solution to an ongoing problem.

Literally nobody made the argument the a wall wouldn't help. Border patrol themselves said it would many times.

Nobody expected such senseless and vapid discourse would exist to prevent a sensible measure from being taken to help secure to the border.

Even now, as trolling and disingenuous of an argument you're pretending to make. It has nothing to do with the wall. You just want to throw shit at Donald Trump.

You are right. I don't think that a wall is a bad idea. I think it was very naïve of Trump to think he could build it and make Mexico pay for it. And you suggesting he didn't get it done because he didn't know that he would run in to opposition is wildly humorous to me.

Hughinn

Reaction score
You are right. I don't think that a wall is a bad idea. I think it was very naïve of Trump to think he could build it and make Mexico pay for it. And you suggesting he didn't get it done because he didn't know that he would run in to opposition is wildly humorous to me.

I don't know why it would be so funny to you that it surprises me that there was so much fanatical opposition to such a common sense and effective measure.

You just said yourself it makes sense to have a wall. And any common sense American would agree with you.

So why is it funny that I find it difficult to understand why people would cut off their noses to spite their face?

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
I don't know why it would be so funny to you that it surprises me that there was so much fanatical opposition to such a common sense and effective measure.

You just said yourself it makes sense to have a wall. And any common sense American would agree with you.

So why is it funny that I find it difficult to understand why people would cut off their noses to spite their face?
This is going to sound crazy to you, but just because I am OK with building a wall doesn't mean I think every single person who opposes it is stupid, misinformed or a bad person. I think it is OK for other people to have their own reasons even if their reason doesn't match up with your own personal priorities.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy to you, but just because I am OK with building a wall doesn't mean I think every single person who opposes it is stupid, misinformed or a bad person. I think it is OK for other people to have their own reasons even if their reason doesn't match up with your own personal priorities.
How dare you not label people based on what they believe politically. I guess you don't label people based on whether or not they are Catholic either do you?!

Hughinn

Reaction score

I haven't heard one single, logical argument against having a wall.

If you have, I'm all ears, please state your mind.

What I have heard, is just people using the wall to sling shit at Donald trump. Just like you did.

That's not a sensible and practical argument against a wall. No matter which way you want to spin it.

lifter6973

Reaction score
I haven't heard one single, logical argument against having a wall
That's cuz the argument and the failure had everything to do with who Trump said would pay for it. Also there were issues with some of the parts that were built.

Hughinn

Reaction score
That's cuz the argument and the failure had everything to do with who Trump said would pay for it. Also there were issues with some of the parts that were built.

And @nissan11 here's The typical response ^ of using the wall to sling shit at Donald Trump instead of having a logical coherent argument against having a wall.

lifter6973

Reaction score
And @nissan11 here's The typical response ^ of using the wall to sling shit at Donald Trump instead of having a logical coherent argument against having a wall.
Read carefully bro. No one here is saying they are against having a wall. Trump was just ignorant in the planning of it. He had no legitimate plan to pay for it just like with health care.
D-o y-o-u u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d?

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
I haven't heard one single, logical argument against having a wall.

If you have, I'm all ears, please state your mind.

What I have heard, is just people using the wall to sling shit at Donald trump. Just like you did.

That's not a sensible and practical argument against a wall. No matter which way you want to spin it.

One big argument against the wall is how a huge man-made barrier will, and already has, negatively impacted the movement of many animal species.

Hughinn

Reaction score
Read carefully bro. No one here is saying they are against having a wall. Trump was just ignorant in the planning of it. He had no legitimate plan to pay for it just like with health care.
D-o y-o-u u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d?

Yes I understand perfectly.

The failure to complete the wall, and Donald Trump being unable to overcome the opposition in our own government, despite having overwhelming public support, gives you an excuse to stick your tongue out and sling shit at Donald Trump. Because he wasn't able to complete it.

Hughinn

Reaction score
One big argument against the wall is how a huge man-made barrier will, and already has, negatively impacted the movement of many animal species.

How is this different from livestock fences and roads?

lifter6973

Reaction score
Yes I understand perfectly.

The failure to complete the wall, and Donald Trump being unable to overcome the opposition in our own government, despite having overwhelming public support, gives you an excuse to stick your tongue out and sling shit at Donald Trump. Because he wasn't able to complete it.
Wrong. Try again.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
How is this different from livestock fences and roads?

Many of the animals restricted by a wall as tall as what we are talking about can't get over it. Ocelot, pronghorn, and many other sps can jump over or crawl under cattle fences.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
I think the wall is a great idea. Maybe with some drones that shoot knock out darts! :p

I agree that Trump should never have said that he is going to get Mexico to pay for it. He did raise tariffs on Mexico which he claimed was his way of getting Mexico to pay for it.

Trump was a real estate tycoon used to being able to getting his way on everything, not really a politician. With the economy he does amazing. Everything else is a learning experience for him. I'm sure he learned quite a bit in 4 years though. One lesson I'm certain that he learned is not to trust career politicians or mainstream media!

Hughinn

Reaction score
Many of the animals restricted by a wall as tall as what we are talking about can't get over it. Ocelot, pronghorn, and many other sps can jump over or crawl under cattle fences.

If that's the case, then what about the animals that are left dead besides roads and highways every year?

Isn't a busy road a barrier for wildlife as well?

What about a cattle guard? A snow fence?

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
If that's the case, then what about the animals that are left dead besides roads and highways every year?

Isn't a busy road a barrier for wildlife as well?
Absolutely they are terrible for wildlife. But at least some of the species frequently killed on roads make it across to breed/nest/feed.

Hughinn

Reaction score
Absolutely they are terrible for wildlife. But at least some of the species frequently killed on roads make it across to breed/nest/feed.

Okay.

It seems odd to me in that case, knowing that all these things are bad for wildlife, why the same people howling about spending trillions of dollars on roads, fences infrastructure are the same people saying we can't build a wall.

Wildlife survived the great wall of china. The mountains, rivers and natural barriers for thousands of years.

Why am I supposed to believe that building this wall would somehow be ending the indigenous wildlife in the area? Moreso say than, 8 trillion dollars worth of roads, bridge's and pavement?

It certainly hasn't been the case anywhere else I can think of.

In any case, this wall doesn't look like it would stop all the critters anyway.

Maybe a big deer. Everything else looks like it'd make it.

How is this worse than a busy highway? Or a chain link fence?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-151824.png
    Screenshot_20220418-151824.png
    633.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

New Threads