Former burnout

1AM

Reaction score
I posted before here once as my intro. I started a business and stopped training for the past 6 months, although I wasn't really lifting much before.

I'm just looking for any help I can get. First time I started lifting I didn't eat enough, second time I was doing way too much.

I paid a personal trainer to give me a schedule for upper body and this is what he gave me and said do it twice a week. Right now I box once a week which does alot of core exercises, I run 4 miles a week and info this twice a week.

I'm 160 and about 5 10, am eating to be full and get 160 grams of protein. I just started lifting this week and have got my work life regulated to where I have some free time, and I'm recovering really well with about an hour of stretching per day.

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_210548934_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230604_210548934_HDR~2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230604-192958.png
    Screenshot_20230604-192958.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 20

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
8 redundant sets for chest, 12 sets for shoulders, only 4 sets of pullups for the back...

Do I need to go on about how inferior and incomplete this program is? The back is a complex group of muscles that all pull in different durations and angles, yet your trainer only gives you 1 single exercise?

If you want to do 2 upper body days per week, they should be completely different exercises that COMPLEMENT each other, not ones that are redundant.

Trenbolonely

Reaction score
goals?
Get some SBD in that SOB, some rows and so on and don’t waste your time with that bologna.
How about legs and posterior chain? No point in neglecting them.
Also what do you need an hour of stretching per day for?

1AM

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks the dude gave me a bum workout. I have my own thing for legs and core, and was asked the dude to make me up some kind of routine for upper body. Was hoping to get a comprehensive workout that I could do at home with only bodyweight and dumbbells.

Trenbolonely

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks the dude gave me a bum workout. I have my own thing for legs and core, and was asked the dude to make me up some kind of routine for upper body. Was hoping to get a comprehensive workout that I could do at home with only bodyweight and dumbbells.

If you’re trying to become stronger for the combat sports, or for running, most athletes and sports science literature would incorporate a barbell in a lower rep range. The guy mostly gave volume in a hypertrophy range for some random body building type stuff.