Four Blood Clot Warnings you Should not Ignore.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Great piece man ,, DVT is no joke and it can happen to any one.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive had a dvt… it was weird and it didnt swell my leg up but it got hot… 3 months on xrralto and it was gone and im good

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
On raloxifene right now and this shit terrifies me.
I first realized it can happen to any one when Devon Larrat ended up with DVT , pudding blood and 20 hour plane flights = bad juju. Wiggle your toes n move them feet keep the blood flowing ,,,

until I lost all the weight i had compression socks for the edema , calves always bright red and itchy as fuck , skin all flakey.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
I've been more mindful of hydration. Taking Vitamin D and baby aspirin as well hoping to mitigate risk. Been consistent with the cardio. Weight is coming down and staying under 210. Anything else I should be considering?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I would not touch this shit with a 1” pole that shit can cause blood clots…
From what I've read on it , it can cause clotting in people with already existing issues. It's not recommended for folks with any type of heart history or folks that have had issues with DVT.

Literature only says it may slightly increase the chances of clotting but I cant find any numbers to show what they consider a "slight increase".

I know Ralox is prescribed for what I would consider long term use in patients with osteoporosis , were talking old women on 60mg's a day for 3 years or longer in some cases.

Being Ive already had a stroke , this is a big one for me -
Those with FSRS >or=13 had a 75% increased risk of raloxifene-associated fatal stroke (HR 1.75; 95% CI, 1.01-3.02; interaction P = . 33)

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
From what I've read on it , it can cause clotting in people with already existing issues. It's not recommended for folks with any type of heart history or folks that have had issues with DVT.

Literature only says it may slightly increase the chances of clotting but I cant find any numbers to show what they consider a "slight increase".

I know Ralox is prescribed for what I would consider long term use in patients with osteoporosis , were talking old women on 60mg's a day for 3 years or longer in some cases.

Being Ive already had a stroke , this is a big one for me -
Those with FSRS >or=13 had a 75% increased risk of raloxifene-associated fatal stroke (HR 1.75; 95% CI, 1.01-3.02; interaction P = . 33)
Yeah man damn i didnt know u had a stroke… what ever the doc says is best to go by

Reaction score
Great piece man ,, DVT is no joke and it can happen to any one.

No joke at all. Thanks for the reminder @Eric Smith.

I once had cellulitis that was originally thought could be DVT but honestly both of those suck.
Cellulitis can lead to sepsis if not treated and with DVT the clot could move and hit the lungs and other areas causing major damage or death.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
No joke at all. Thanks for the reminder @Eric Smith.

I once had cellulitis that was originally thought could be DVT but honestly both of those suck.
Cellulitis can lead to sepsis if not treated and with DVT the clot could move and hit the lungs and other areas causing major damage or death.
We had a fella get cellulitus when I was playing football , got all scuffed up during a game and it was something they sprayed the field with , turfsafe or oxyturf what ever they had back then for pests n shit got in there and a couple days later he was in the hospital all red n swole up , fucked him up pretty good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We had a fella get cellulitus when I was playing football , got all scuffed up during a game and it was something they spayed the field with , turfsafe or oxyturf what ever they had back then for pests n shit got in there and a couple days later he was in the hospital all red n swole up , fucked him up pretty good.
Yeah its one of those things if you let it go too long you can be in deep shit. Sometimes its hard to diagnose.
For me I didn't even get scraped or anything as far as I know. I had no scratch marks, scabs, anything. I just had this fucking pain behind my knee. Then shit started getting red and it was enough I was limping.

Docs thought it could be DVT because of where the pain and redness was located. After ultrasound they ruled that out. I had to get IV antibiotics for an hour and then monitor myself to make sure it didn't get worse. It did not and that was that.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It is something to be mindful of and keep an eye out for symptoms, but realistically it seems the risk is still less than 1%. The 1% figure was in older, untrained sedentary women that were fighting cancer IIRC. So it is likely much less than that in our group.

Compared to NSAIDS which have something like a documented .5% increase in clotting in all people that frequently use them.

That said, there are those with genetic factors regarding clotting and aspects of TRT and AAS can exacerbate clotting as well.

Hydration, knowing your clotting risk in your family (if family has history of CI, stroke or blood clots), avoiding prolonged sitting or cessation of movement that can restrict blood flow. I am on raloxifene now and really being mindful of symptoms, but not worrying too much.

Reaction score
It is something to be mindful of and keep an eye out for symptoms, but realistically it seems the risk is still less than 1%. The 1% figure was in older, untrained sedentary women that were fighting cancer IIRC. So it is likely much less than that in our group.

Compared to NSAIDS which have something like a documented .5% increase in clotting in all people that frequently use them.

That said, there are those with genetic factors regarding clotting and aspects of TRT and AAS can exacerbate clotting as well.

Hydration, knowing your clotting risk in your family (if family has history of CI, stroke or blood clots), avoiding prolonged sitting or cessation of movement that can restrict blood flow. I am on raloxifene now and really being mindful of symptoms, but not worrying too much.
Good points. Are clots a possible side effect of raloxifene? I have never used it and probably never will.

For sure if you have a job where you sit a lot it is good to get up and walk around for a few minutes several times a day.

Sure regular workouts should take care of everything but I imagine most of us work more than just 40 hours a week and if sedentary during a lot of that, then DVT can creep up.

Reaction score
I sit quite a bit for my job, but I do get up and move around as well. Additionally, I have a nervous habit where my legs are almost always moving while I'm sitting.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im still waiting for u and your crew to come kick my ass...Good thing i got munzy on my side

• Haha
Reactions: CJ

New Threads