Hairloss worse on finasteride?

Reaction score
Noticed hair thinning few years back. Never really bad. Used minoxidil. 32 years old. Decided to hop on fin 1 mg last March. Didn't really see anything initially. In August I decided to drop the fin dose to .5 mg due to no morning wood. Did that and now I feel like my hair has gotten so much worse than baseline. My hair looks and feels dead and still have massive shedding now. Anyone know if fin can make hair worse?. I have diffuse thinning so thinning all over. Should I drop the fin entirely or bump it back up to 1 mg and stay on for least a year? Or drop it and try that RU stuff. Although possible heart issues scare me about that stuff .

Thanks

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Finastride will not work with all gear, only gear that 5A reduces. If fact if taken with 19 nors it will be counter productive.
As a extra precaution I would get a thyroid test hyper or hypo can cause hair loss

Reaction score
Finastride will not work with all gear, only gear that 5A reduces. If fact if taken with 19 nors it will be counter productive.
As a extra precaution I would get a thyroid test hyper or hypo can cause hair loss
Yea checked my tsh levels and all was good.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Noticed hair thinning few years back. Never really bad. Used minoxidil. 32 years old. Decided to hop on fin 1 mg last March. Didn't really see anything initially. In August I decided to drop the fin dose to .5 mg due to no morning wood. Did that and now I feel like my hair has gotten so much worse than baseline. My hair looks and feels dead and still have massive shedding now. Anyone know if fin can make hair worse?. I have diffuse thinning so thinning all over. Should I drop the fin entirely or bump it back up to 1 mg and stay on for least a year? Or drop it and try that RU stuff. Although possible heart issues scare me about that stuff .

Thanks
Out of curiosity what was your TSH. T3, t4 levels?
1mg is standard dose I would be tempted to go to bump it back up but what does your doc think? Well first do you know you dht level? Next check this link type in your other medications to see if there is an interaction.
If I recall correctly they make a peptide for hair loss I just can't remember the details.
What RU stuff are you referring to? I fell asleep twice typing this so hopefully everything makes sense

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what was your TSH. T3, t4 levels?
1mg is standard dose I would be tempted to go to bump it back up but what does your doc think? Well first do you know you dht level? Next check this link type in your other medications to see if there is an interaction.
If I recall correctly they make a peptide for hair loss I just can't remember the details.
What RU stuff are you referring to? I fell asleep twice typing this so hopefully everything makes sense
Haha thanks man. Tsh was 2.08. Not sure what my dht levels are currently I should get them checked. Just crazy how bad it got 8 months on.

Reaction score
Fin just slows down natural balding via 5 alpha reductase inhibition. It’s not magic. You were and still are balding. I take it, over the years I look younger for still having hair on my head and it slowed down the balding a lot.

Reaction score
Fin just slows down natural balding via 5 alpha reductase inhibition. It’s not magic. You were and still are balding. I take it, over the years I look younger for still having hair on my head and it slowed down the balding a lot.
Should I stick with the half pill or bump it back up to 1 mg?

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Here is a Peptide that binds to hair. I never used before so only have 3rd party info. Supposably acts like and is better than finasteide.

Reaction score
Here is a Peptide that binds to hair. I never used before so only have 3rd party info. Supposably acts like and is better than finasteide.
Heard that stuff is very bad for your heart though

Reaction score
Should I stick with the half pill or bump it back up to 1 mg?
I just take it as the doc prescribed it. Not sure what it is but it’s one pill a day. I recommend reading the package insert. Popular science has a big problem with how science is reported in the media by blogs and so on. And then once one blog has written something (wrongly) about their interpretation of a study which they didn’t read and aren’t educated enough in science to understand, then every blog just goes on repeating the original blog because they’re blog writers and have ten more articles to write that day about other stuff and nobody cares to actually do the research. So I let people share bro science on here which is wrong because nobody cares enough to read the actual study for themselves to decide if they want to take that medicine or not lol.

Sorry. Just had to rant again XD

Reaction score
I just take it as the doc prescribed it. Not sure what it is but it’s one pill a day. I recommend reading the package insert. Popular science has a big problem with how science is reported in the media by blogs and so on. And then once one blog has written something (wrongly) about their interpretation of a study which they didn’t read and aren’t educated enough in science to understand, then every blog just goes on repeating the original blog because they’re blog writers and have ten more articles to write that day about other stuff and nobody cares to actually do the research. So I let people share bro science on here which is wrong because nobody cares enough to read the actual study for themselves to decide if they want to take that medicine or not lol.

Sorry. Just had to rant again XD

I see a lot of people saying it affects muscle hardness as well. Was looking into topical fin and ru58841. But I have a 4 month old daughter and worried I could expose her to it. Is that a practical concern?

Reaction score
I see a lot of people saying it affects muscle hardness as well. Was looking into topical fin and ru58841. But I have a 4 month old daughter and worried I could expose her to it. Is that a practical concern?
Idk what ru is is that a SARM? Probably she shouldn’t be exposed to these as they are hormone altering. The way fin works is by stopping the creation of an enzyme that converts free test into DHT. Probably not good to have unless you intend to do it on purpose.

I’ve been taking fin for a couple years my natural test level is in the 900’s and I haven’t noticed any change in anything tbh. I still have hair though.

Reaction score
Idk what ru is is that a SARM? Probably she shouldn’t be exposed to these as they are hormone altering. The way fin works is by stopping the creation of an enzyme that converts free test into DHT. Probably not good to have unless you intend to do it on purpose.

I’ve been taking fin for a couple years my natural test level is in the 900’s and I haven’t noticed any change in anything tbh. I still have hair though.

Yea fin will increase t levels to a degree as well as estrogen. I heard saw palmetto can act as a natural remedy like finasteride. Obviously no where near it but I might try that for a bit. I would plan on using the topical fin at night before bed and then shower in the morning. However I do wake up sometimes if she needs to be fed. But I think your correct prob not worth the risk to save a few hairs.

Reaction score
Yea fin will increase t levels to a degree as well as estrogen. I heard saw palmetto can act as a natural remedy like finasteride. Obviously no where near it but I might try that for a bit. I would plan on using the topical fin at night before bed and then shower in the morning. However I do wake up sometimes if she needs to be fed. But I think your correct prob not worth the risk to save a few hairs.
That is not my assessment actually at all lol. But I support you whatever you decide

Reaction score
I think most people when they start exogenous testosterone basically make the trade off that they’d rather have bigger muscles and accept going bald, maybe subconsciously. It’s fine I get it. I made the opposite decision but maybe one day I’ll join you guys and be a big bald muscley guy. Right now I’m keeping my hair though. I definitely would not recommend increasing overall test and therefore DHT levels without fin to reduce balding but I think lots of guys just go for the shaved head look these days anyway lol

New Threads