hard time

chicago311

Reaction score
does anyone else have a hard time eating in the morning before going to the gym. ? i can not eat early in the morning and i know it effects my work out, anyone else have the same problem, i even have a hard time eating after my hard work out's, but when i was in my 20's i use to eat 3 triple cheese burgers from wendys after work out's and still be hungry, now i know that triple cheese burgers are not what is the proper thing to eat but i did it anyway, but now im not 20 anymore it's hard to get a protein shake down after a work out, i know that it's very important to put good calorie's in before and after a hard work out, so im just curious if im a loner or not.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
does anyone else have a hard time eating in the morning before going to the gym. ? i can not eat early in the morning and i know it effects my work out, anyone else have the same problem, i even have a hard time eating after my hard work out's, but when i was in my 20's i use to eat 3 triple cheese burgers from wendys after work out's and still be hungry, now i know that triple cheese burgers are not what is the proper thing to eat but i did it anyway, but now im not 20 anymore it's hard to get a protein shake down after a work out, i know that it's very important to put good calorie's in before and after a hard work out, so im just curious if im a loner or not.
Eat before going to bed. It'll be there for your morning workout.

Sip on shakes pre/during/post training if you have to.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Could also push your workout back an hour or two, give breakfast more time to digest.

Thebiggestdumbass

Captain Dumbass 🦸
Reaction score
I started using a intra workout shake since I workout within 20 minutes of waking up due to work schedule.

I feel way better with the intra workout, I still hit the “wall” from training hard but it’s not an all day handicap like it use to be

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Even a banana and a protein shake would be adequate.

chicago311

Reaction score
i do ok when i go to the gym with out eating BUT i do hit a wall fairly fast like 25 to 30 mintues later, when i work out i have my plan set for what im doing that morning and im one that i really do not take breaks in between sets, i just do my reps and go go go but lately i just hit the wall quicker, and i know because im getting older i just dont have that young age strenth anymore, it sucks to get older.

chicago311

Reaction score
i will have to do that, make it work, i dont like to hit a wall that early into my work out's, i usually work out between 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours when i work out, i know some have always said thats to long but i dont have that kind of problem until lately

Thebiggestdumbass

Captain Dumbass 🦸
Reaction score
i will have to do that, make it work, i dont like to hit a wall that early into my work out's, i usually work out between 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours when i work out, i know some have always said thats to long but i dont have that kind of problem until lately
Smart and final or Costco have a Gatorade powder, mix that with some of the clear isolate most companies are pumping out now and you’ll be set, throw your pre in it and you’ll be good

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue fer years. I train before me shift and typically would be under the bar by around 0445 each day. Like the Bros said, being deliberate with yer last meal the night before and sipping a carb shake as soon as ye hit the ground each morning can help.

John Meadows' IntraMD was what I used fer years. Dunno if ye can still get it, but should give ye an idea of what to look for.

buck

Reaction score
If i no longer had an appetite and eating was difficult even though i am training hard. I would look at why that was. Are my meals to big. I am eating late at night and that is why i am not hungry in the morning. Are you eating foods that no longer agree with you or just take longer to digest. Are you eating more calories then you need etc.

New Threads