How much meat do you eat everyday?

Reaction score
Just got 50lbs of chicken from butcher a while back thinking it would last me a very long time. Spent a whole day trimming the fat, weighing it, Slicing it up and prepping it for the freezer.

I am shocked at how fast I ate 50lbs of chicken.

For the past two years I eat 8oz of chicken breast everyday. And 8oz of ground turkey

So personally I eat a whole fuckin pound of meat a day at MINIMUM. Sometimes I'll have more chicken when I get home from work.

Everyone at work is telling me how I'm going to pay for it when I get older (as they are eating their bag of chips and gas station food lol) So I'm curious how much meat do you consume on a daily basis? What else are you eating to hit your protein goals?

Just trying to gauge if I'm overdoing the meat or hell.. maybe I need to eat more lol. I'm 190lbs for reference.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just got 50lbs of chicken from butcher a while back thinking it would last me a very long time. Spent a whole day trimming the fat, weighing it, Slicing it up and prepping it for the freezer.

I am shocked at how fast I ate 50lbs of chicken.

For the past two years I eat 8oz of chicken breast everyday. And 8oz of ground turkey

So personally I eat a whole fuckin pound of meat a day at MINIMUM. Sometimes I'll have more chicken when I get home from work.

Everyone at work is telling me how I'm going to pay for it when I get older (as they are eating their bag of chips and gas station food lol) So I'm curious how much meat do you consume on a daily basis? What else are you eating to hit your protein goals?

Just trying to gauge if I'm overdoing the meat or hell.. maybe I need to eat more lol. I'm 190lbs for reference.

I get about 250 g of protein per day. If it were all meat, that would be around 2.5 lbs.

But since I eat eggs and dairy, it's less. Today I'll eat 1.5 lbs of actual meat. That's pretty average.

Not sure why your friends think you'll pay for it, by eating actual real food. 🤔 If they think that it'll damage your kidneys, that myth has been thoroughly debunked.

Chicken breast is cheap, so most of my meat consumption is that. Other sources are beef, fish, eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and the trace proteins in other foods like rice and beans do count, too.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I eat 2.5lbs of lean meat; which is roughly 230g protein. Sometimes I might have a small shake as well, which is another 25g of protein.

At this time, that's pretty much where all my protein comes from.

I back fill everything else with mostly carbs and minimal amounts of fat.

Reaction score
I eat 2.5lbs of lean meat; which is roughly 230g protein. Sometimes I might have a small shake as well, which is another 25g of protein.

At this time, that's pretty much where all my protein comes from.

I back fill everything else with mostly carbs and minimal amounts of fat.
Yeah I pretty much do the same.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Yeah I pretty much do the same.
well, if all you have is 8oz of chicken and 8oz of ground turkey then it's not quite the same at all.

IMO you need more protein. It doesn't have to be from meat, but it needs to be animal based on some form or fashion.

Reaction score
well, if all you have is 8oz of chicken and 8oz of ground turkey then it's not quite the same at all.

IMO you need more protein. It doesn't have to be from meat, but it needs to be animal based on some form or fashion.
I get the rest from cottage cheese. And low fat Greek yogurt. And a scoop of whey protein here or there.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I get the rest from cottage cheese. And low fat Greek yogurt. And a scoop of whey protein here or there.
how many grams of protein are you getting each day?

buck

Reaction score
For 25+ years i ate 300-350 grams of protein a day. When i was growing and training hard. I found i grew best on 1.5+ grams per pound of body weight. Eggs for breakfast and 6-8 oz of chicken for the next 3 meals and 8 oz of beef for dinner. Along with a protein drink after i trained. Getting a half pound of meat down doesn't take much time once the jaw muscles get big and strong. These days i only shoot for about 1 gram per pound so about 200 grams a day.

Reaction score
1g per pound minimum if in a mass gain phase. Increase to 1.25-1.5g per pound if cutting; adjust carbs and fat accordingly
Welp that explains another reason I can't hold onto muscle for shit. Lol undereating calories and apparently not enough protein for the amount of calories I was eating. Shit

Reaction score
i try to get 250+ grams of protein from chicken and beef. Usually 5 portions of 50 grams each. 3 usually go with a meal of some type, and 2 are usually diced chicken breast I just snack on like potato chips throughout the day

Reaction score
i try to get 250+ grams of protein from chicken and beef. Usually 5 portions of 50 grams each. 3 usually go with a meal of some type, and 2 are usually diced chicken breast I just snack on like potato chips throughout the day
8 Oz of chicken breast is roughly 50grams of protein correct?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
30oz of chicken gives me 202g of protein , some days i might ease back n have a shake or two if im sick of cooking but thats the usual. Some days its beef but I try to always hit 200g on the protein.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
8 Oz of chicken breast is roughly 50grams of protein correct?

If it's raw, boneless, skinless, fat trimmed, it's closer to 60 grams.

Raw vs cooked is different. 8 ounces raw cooks down to roughly 6 ozs. Same amount of protein, just make sure you know the difference and track accordingly.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Welp that explains another reason I can't hold onto muscle for shit. Lol undereating calories and apparently not enough protein for the amount of calories I was eating. Shit
You can gain on 1g of protein per lb, but only if you're in a caloric surplus. More protein is helpful if you can get it in during a cut, just don't expect to put on slabs of muscle while in a caloric deficit

Reaction score
If it's raw, boneless, skinless, fat trimmed, it's closer to 60 grams.

Raw vs cooked is different. 8 ounces raw cooks down to roughly 6 ozs. Same amount of protein, just make sure you know the difference and track accordingly
Damn really? 60grams? Fuck yeah. Guess I'm doing better then I thought lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Yes, because chicken BREAST is very lean. Less of the weight is fat content. Thighs and wings are very different

An 8 ounce portion of a particularly fatty piece of beef might only be 40 grams, for example.

Other very lean meats are pork tenderloin, white fish, and 99% lean ground turkey.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I disagree with CJ. 8oz of raw chicken breast is closer to 46-50g of protein. 10oz raw is close to 60g

Screenshot_2023-12-21-12-42-46-36_289c135a0022b96b69e5e4306cf54966.jpg

USDA says that every 4oz of raw chicken breast contains 26g protein... so 8oz according to USDA would be 52g protein

Screenshot_2023-12-21-12-44-55-20_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg