Can you eat the same meal day after day ?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I have 1 super power it is the ability to eat the same meal day after day ...

I have 3 hard boiled eggs and fruit plus coffee everyday for breakfast and a turkey sandwich (no cheese) from Jimmy John's with grapefruit I bring from home and an unsweet iced tea for lunch ... yes I skip the chip - cookie - and soda ...

This makes using MyFitnessPal for counting calories a breeze because you can select previous food choices from previous meals ... in like 10 seconds ...

I also have a Fairlife protein shake and a BBBG recommended protein bar (I cannot remember the name now but I buy from Costco) every afternoon ...

Can you eat the same meal day after day ... ?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I absolutely have a standard meal list that I eat day after day. It's just easier.
What do you eat for breakfast and lunch ...
yes, I eat the same thing.. day in and day out, at the exact same times.
Sendo same question ... what do you eat for breakfast and lunch ... ?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
breakfast is just a protein shake, with ground oats and half a banana mixed in. If I'm going to workout in an hour then I'll throw in a few grams of honey.

for lunch, I have a rice bowl that consists of rice, lentils, cabbage, onions, bell peppers (different color each day), mushrooms, and between 8-10oz of meat (meat portion depends on how lean it is). I then pour a sauce I make over top of it all.

the sauce contains rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, sesame oil (only 1g for flavor), soy sauce, and lime juice, and 1g of liquid Splenda. it ends up tasting like a sweet and spicy Asian sauce.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Breakfast is an omelette:

-2 whole eggs
-Added fortified egg whites (2.5 servings, forget the exact grams)
-2 Al Fresco(brand) maple apple chicken sausage links, cut into pieces
-Frozen rainbow peppers and spinach added
-Mild salsa on top

Plus coffee with sweetened vanilla almond milk.

I have 2-3 lunches per day.
My standard lunch is:
-6 ozs chicken breast, weighed raw
-90 g Carolina gold rice, weighed dry
-Rice cooked in 1 cup of bone broth
-Added frozen mixed veggies
-1 Tbsp olive oil

Some lunches are leftovers from dinners the nights before

If it's a non training day, lunch is chicken, olive oil, and veggies, or sardines and veggies.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed our female friends (wife- daughters other females) tend to prefer more variety ... is it my imagination or do men tend to have the same meal super power more than our female counterparts ... ?

My wife thought I was crazy for eating a Firehouse brisket sandwich for lunch everyday for nearly 3 years ... before making the more healthy turkey sandwich choice a few years ago ... but I'll still go to Firehouse fir dinner once a month ... that brisket sandwich is ridiculously good ...

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed our female friends (wife- daughters other females) tend to prefer more variety ... is it my imagination or do men tend to have the same meal super power more than our female counterparts ... ?
I don't know about all women, but my girlfriend is this way. She will literally bitch about eating the same thing multiple days in a row. She has told me she needs variety.

She also bitches about cooking for herself.. to which I point out the advantages of eating the same things daily, and then she starts bitching about that.

it's a never ending bitch loop when it comes to her and food 😂

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I can’t do it. If I eat the same shit day in and day out, I end up going crazy and off the rails with my diet every time.

Varied meals make tracking significantly more difficult, but I’ve built up a pretty huge collection of meals in MyFitnessPal over the years.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

My wife thought I was crazy for eating a Firehouse brisket sandwich for lunch everyday for nearly 3 years ... before making the more healthy turkey sandwich choice a few years ago ... but I'll still go to Firehouse fir dinner once a month ... that brisket sandwich is ridiculously good ..

My gf is a blend.

Likes to batch cook, to cut down on number of times cooking. But once in awhile likes to cook a nice, big meal, bunch of ingredients, recipes, shit like that.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Also, I don't have the same dinner every night, but I have a rotation that I mostly stick to.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know about all women, but my girlfriend is this way. She will literally bitch about eating the same thing multiple days in a row. She has told me she needs variety.

She also bitches about cooking for herself.. to which I point out the advantages of eating the same things daily, and then she starts bitching about that.

it's a never ending bitch loop when it comes to her and food 😂
I think your experience is pretty common ... in the food variety department anyway ...

One way I have created a solution ... is to work on the weekly (dinner) meal planning on Sundays for the up coming week ... even I prefer variety for dinner ... so we create a 5 eat at home 2 out (still healthy) meal plan ... we typically grill chicken - steak - pork chops - instapot at least once plus the family taco 🌮 night chicken and ground beef ...

Jenn_is_Jenning

Female Alpha Leader
Reaction score

My wife thought I was crazy for eating a Firehouse brisket sandwich for lunch everyday for nearly 3 years ... before making the more healthy turkey sandwich choice a few years ago ... but I'll still go to Firehouse fir dinner once a month ... that brisket sandwich is ridiculously good ...

Hey buddy, I eat the same meals everyday, month after month.
The only thing I change is the type of meat I have at supper and the seasoning I use.
But im only really rotating between a chicken breast, pork chop and chicken thighs.
And if any of my meat portions are too small I'll add shrimp or scallops so that I have enough to eat.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can’t do it. If I eat the same shit day in and day out, I end up going crazy and off the rails with my diet every time.

Varied meals make tracking significantly more difficult, but I’ve built up a pretty huge collection of meals in MyFitnessPal over the years.
Yes TS ... I tend to seek more breakfast and lunch variety on the weekends (days not in the office) ... it is amazing the MFP know most restaurant meals and desserts ... like Jeremiah's Ice cookiebutter treat I had last weekend ... how could it possibly have known my tiny (small sized) treat had 460 calories ... mostly sugar of course ... I have a love hate relationship with MFP ... I especially hate it the next day when the treat I had was double the expected calorie count ...

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy, I eat the same meals everyday, month after month.
The only thing I change is the type of meat I have at supper and the seasoning I use.
But im only really rotating between a chicken breast, pork chop and chicken thighs.
And if any of my meat portions are too small I'll add shrimp or scallops so that I have enough to eat.
Hi Jen ...thanks for checking in and giving us an actual female perspective ... lol

Perhaps because your living this lifestyle with weight training we all tend to be more similar (eating the same meals) ... perhaps lifestyle is the driving factor not gender ...

Last edited:

Jenn_is_Jenning

Female Alpha Leader
Reaction score
I Jen ...thanks for checking in and giving us an actual female perspective ... lol

Perhaps because your living this lifestyle with weight training we all tend to be more similar (eating the same meals) ... perhaps lifestyle is the driving factor not gender ...

Ya, and I will say I find my food to be absolutely delicious, hahah.
Like damn every morning thinking THESE SCRAMBLED EGGS ARE AMAZING!!!
Simple taste, I guess. I never eat at restaurants or really have cheat meals, so I don't have cravings for other things.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score

I agree with this 100%.

I might not have a ton of variety, but mixing it up with different meals that hit similar macros is a lifesaver and keeps me sane.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I agree with this 100%.

I might not have a ton of variety, but mixing it up with different meals that hit similar macros is a lifesaver and keeps me sane.
you don't get a say... most of your meals are slightly different shades of either brown or white... but not both at the same time 😂

man am I in a ball busting mood today. I promise it's all in good fun. 😂

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

TS what do your varied breakfasts and lunches look like ...
I agree with this 100%.

Same question ... what do your varied meals look like ...

New Threads