Hey all

Reaction score
Hey, all.

This is the first forum I've signed up to regarding bodybuilding. You guys seem cool from where I've been glancing. I think hanging around in a crowd with more experience is beneficial for me.

Here's some information about myself: I'm 22, 6'1. My name's Bradshaw. I started working out when I was 48kg and currently at 77kg. I still have a long way to go but working out has greatly improved my confidence and overall health already. My main goal is to keep going and see how far I can take bodybuilding. 95kg and then 104kg are my future weight milestones.

While starting my bodybuilding journey, I wanted to perhaps compete later down the line. Though lately I've been getting a lot of reality checks regarding my physique. My rose tinted glasses came off and I realised that there's certain things that I lack on or certain genetic factors which aren't in my favour. So now I'm doing my best to just go with the flow and improve on those things.

I recently bought a home gym as I was tired of needing to go outside to weight lift. I also recently bought an exercise bike which I'm addicted to. I'd love to improve my body as a whole, size, cardio, mobility and flexibility. I want to be able to do things like the splits or handstand or both at the same time at anytime for no reason other than I can: no restrictions and whatnot hahaha.

However I've been a bit bummed out because I've developed a bad knee and doctors have been no help. I can't even extend it without it bothering me. It makes me sad as my squat is severely limited because of it. So I have to take things into my own hands and hope I can get rid of it. Right now just cycling on a higher resistance to get some sort of leg movement in without dying. Perhaps any of you guys have a suggestion?

My current training style is an upper lower split 6 days a week. I just enjoy it for some reason. I don't know if it's me but it's like I have a permanent "pump" because of how frequently I am weightlifting. Sometimes I switch it up though, sometimes I go 4 days, sometimes I do PPL or Arnold split. However I'm trying something different with calves: 100 (6 second) reps of calf raises everyday. I saw an article on it and figured there is no harm in trying.

My diet is...let's just say I try to meet my macros. My diet is not the best hahaha. 50% of the time it's super awesome and healthy and the other 50% is mcdonalds everyday. I love food. Love love love it!

All in all, university holiday's are coming up. I'll have 6 months to turn my physique into the best it can be before I return.. I'm going to make the most of it.

Life story rambling aside, I hope I have a good time here.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, thanks for the well thought introduction. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Crom

Reaction score
Sup drhawhaw? You've got a pretty sick V tapper for all that McDonald's. Welcome to the UG!

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground!!!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for a really nice intro. What lower body exercises are you able to do with your knee?

Your goals sound realistic. But that’s on a timescale of years. As you know, this stuff takes time and there aren’t any shortcut.

Reaction score
Thank you for your warm welcomes, everyone

Sup drhawhaw? You've got a pretty sick V tapper for all that McDonald's. Welcome to the UG!

Thank you! calories in, calories out, right? Hahaha

Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for a really nice intro. What lower body exercises are you able to do with your knee?

Your goals sound realistic. But that’s on a timescale of years. As you know, this stuff takes time and there aren’t any shortcut.

Hello there! Yeah, just hard work and consistency will get me to my goals. I'm hoping I reach my 95kg goal within a decade. But if not, it's not the end of the world.

For lower body, I tend to do:
Wide/sumo back squat
Front squat
Goblet squat
Stiff leg deadlift
Romanian deadlift
Hip thrust
Standing and seated calf raises

I'm focusing on hamstring and glute work to build my legs mainly as that's all I can really focus on.

The squat movements are also really light. I cant go above bodyweight with squat right now unfortunately otherwise my knee dies haha.

I also do indoor cycling on a somewhat high resistance at max intensity/speed on leg days.

sfw509

Reaction score
Welcome. Great intro. This regard a lot of really smart people here willing to help. Your going to like it here.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Welcome. I suggest you get an MRI for your knee. There is A LOT in a knee and there could be many different things causing the pain you're feeling.

Reactions: CJ

New Threads