Hey all

Reaction score
Just wanted say hello, I’ve checked out this forum for a bit and I see some quality posts on training and PEDs as well as some interesting off topic conversations and some funny discussions.
I’m 39 was on and off training for years but have stayed much more consistent over the last 7 years. Anyway just wanted to give a shout and and thanks to the members here who post good info. ✌️

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
welcome to the UG

what's your favorite lift?

Reaction score
Just wanted say hello, I’ve checked out this forum for a bit and I see some quality posts on training and PEDs as well as some interesting off topic conversations and some funny discussions.
I’m 39 was on and off training for years but have stayed much more consistent over the last 7 years. Anyway just wanted to give a shout and and thanks to the members here who post good info. ✌️
Welcome to UG

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Do us all a favour and put a plastic bag around your head before you go to sleep tonight.
Had to go back and reread. Thought you said this to op. Another lifter intro I missed. But no it is directed at a member. Another lifter. Or trying to be.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Ok I don't get it. You are 39. Yet you say powerclean is a favourite lift. That is an old person lift. Guys in their 50s remember it. Did u train with your father. Or have an older training partner.
Hi. Welcome.

Reaction score
Ok I don't get it. You are 39. Yet you say powerclean is a favourite lift. That is an old person lift. Guys in their 50s remember it. Did u train with your father. Or have an older training partner.
Hi. Welcome.
I suppose it is outdated a bit. I don't see it a ton in the gyms or on training programs.
My dad was a football coach and we always had power cleans in our weight training. Its a great exercise for sports that require explosiveness but I suppose not the most popular for strength training otherwise.

I always considered it one of those that hits just about everything but form has to be rock solid or there does tend to be a higher risk of injury with power cleans more so it seems than most other lifts.

Reaction score
Hi. Welcome.
It’s an American Football lift. Sprinters still do it too for development of explosiveness. It’s still used a lot. Though most implement it as hang cleans.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
It has been 20 years since I've seen anyone here do it other than me. Shame because it is an all body workout. Guys here just do squats latpulldowns and flat bench. The rest of the gym collects cobwebs.
I imagined u would be old school. Bbbg u seem to be the perfect combination of today and yesterday. A genuine bonus for us all.
Hang clean? What is this variation.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
I suppose it is outdated a bit. I don't see it a ton in the gyms or on training programs.
My dad was a football coach and we always had power cleans in our weight training. Its a great exercise for sports that require explosiveness but I suppose not the most popular for strength training otherwise.

I always considered it one of those that hits just about everything but form has to be rock solid or there does tend to be a higher risk of injury with power cleans more so it seems than most other lifts.
Bbbg agreed with you. That is rare. He normally makes a point to think differently even if he thinks the same. He doesent take both sides of the fence. He is the fence. And we love him for it.

Love like you have for your twin brother who keeps fucking your girl and pretending he is you.
See if the fish are biting today 😉

New Threads