Hgh with insulin, metformin or by itself

Reaction score
So I'm trying to wrap my head around hgh use, and I'm planning to run some this year I planned to start with 1-2 units a day and work my way up to 4- 6 units.
What concerns me the most is the blood glucose and risk of diabetes if one isn't using a meal plan and timed injection properly. So from my understanding insulin takes the load off the pancreas and shuttles the carbs to the muscles. I read someone recommending in a thread that one to use metformin if BG was too high post meal.
Now my question is.
Would metformin be just as effective or closely effective to insulin use? I know insulin can be tricky causeing one to go hypo if they didn't get the carbs in on time afterwards. I'm here to learn so I don't go making stupid mistakes please educate me!

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
That makes sense, I'm eating 4-5 times a day and quite a bit each time so I'll just take it with my pre workout and final meal

Yeah, dont go too crazy
Thats a good approach

And just remember, if you dont need it...dont take it

To put it in perspective, at 4iu, it takes me more than 1/4 of a year for BG to START to creep up

So you may legit just not need it, considering i have a pre disposition to diabetes (Genetically), i do.

Reaction score
Yeah, dont go too crazy
Thats a good approach

And just remember, if you dont need it...dont take it

To put it in perspective, at 4iu, it takes me more than 1/4 of a year for BG to START to creep up

So you may legit just not need it, considering i have a pre disposition to diabetes (Genetically), i do.
My bg was 93 today I did have some donuts last night so I'm attributing it to that...I don't think I'm predisposed but I do think I gave myself some insulin resistance messing with mk677 last year

Reaction score
Woke up today fasted no sweets last night bg between 78, and 82 took 3 tests so the berberine worked I'd assume or maybe it was my resistance to sugary snacks

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Woke up today fasted no sweets last night bg between 78, and 82 took 3 tests so the berberine worked I'd assume or maybe it was my resistance to sugary snacks
I thought berberine took like 2-3 months of continuous use to see any kind of meaningful reduction of BG or A1C?

To get a better feel for insulin resistance you should be measuring your A1C. Alternatively you can measure you BG at 1 hour, 2 hour, and 3 hours after a carb meal. If you stay elevated past the 2 hour or 3 hour mark then you *might* have some amount of insulin resistance.

I wouldn't be concerned if I woke up with BG at 90.

Reaction score
I thought berberine took like 2-3 months of continuous use to see any kind of meaningful reduction of BG or A1C?

To get a better feel for insulin resistance you should be measuring your A1C. Alternatively you can measure you BG at 1 hour, 2 hour, and 3 hours after a carb meal. If you stay elevated past the 2 hour or 3 hour mark then you *might* have some amount of insulin resistance.

I wouldn't be concerned if I woke up with BG at 90.
I also made mention of myself not eating anything sugary before bed. It was more likely placebo because I did read the same effective time of action for berberine being longer then 1 day to take effect... I don't have an a1c test kit.. but I have been doing 2 hours post carb meal

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I also made mention of myself not eating anything sugary before bed. It was more likely placebo because I did read the same effective time of action for berberine being longer then 1 day to take effect... I don't have an a1c test kit.. but I have been doing 2 hours post carb meal
Even when you ate something sugary before bed, you only woke up with BG of 93.

By all means use berberine if you want; it doesn't matter to me one way or another... but the numbers you are posting are no where near indicative of insulin resistance.

Reaction score
I was under the impression 93 was very close to pre-diabetic.. amd we wanted thise numbers closer to high 70s mid 80s. As for the insulin resistance goes couldn't one judge that aswell by how there body is responding to the carbohydrates they are intaking? Pump, fullness, body fat increases.
John meadows talks about this in acouple videos I believe.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I was under the impression 93 was very close to pre-diabetic.. amd we wanted thise numbers closer to high 70s mid 80s. As for the insulin resistance goes couldn't one judge that aswell by how there body is responding to the carbohydrates they are intaking? Pump, fullness, body fat increases.
John meadows talks about this in acouple videos I believe.
Pre-diabetes is between 100 to 130... but these numbers are just a very general and vague reference; they are not hard and fast facts. The closer you creep to 130 and higher then the more likely you are to be pre-diabetic or diabetic... The closer you are to 100 then the less likely you are to have those issues. If you are below 100, and your A1C is good, then you definitely have nothing to be concerned about.

Judge based on how well the body is responding to carb intake? How exactly do you measure that in a meaningful way that can be confirmed to be true, and tracked consistently?

You are not insulin resistant, diabetic, or pre-diabetic; not even close. 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
Pre-diabetes is between 100 to 130... but these numbers are just a very general and vague reference; they are not hard and fast facts. The closer you creep to 130 and higher than the more likely you are to be pre-diabetic or diabetic... The closer you are to 100 then the less likely you are to have those issues. If you are below 100, and your A1C is good, then you definitely have nothing to be concerned about.

Judge based on how well the body is responding to carb intake? How exactly do you measure that in a meaningful way that can be confirmed to be true, and tracked consistently?

You are not insulin resistant... you are not close to being insulin resistant either. 🤷‍♂️
Well I apriciate the corrections all in all just trying to learn so this helps for sure. We all start somewhere!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Well I apriciate the corrections all in all just trying to learn so this helps for sure. We all start somewhere!
I'm not saying you shouldn't use berberine. I just don't want you to think something is wrong with you when you are fine.

Like @silentlemon1011 said... most people will not have any issues on 4iu of GH. Personally if this is your first run with GH then I'd run it without using berberine or metformin and monitor if your BG gets worse over the course of 4-6 months. Then you'll know exactly how your body handles the drug without other external factors influencing it.

Reaction score
I'm not saying you shouldn't use berberine. I just don't want you to think something is wrong with you when you are fine.

Like @silentlemon1011 said... most people will not have any issues on 4iu of GH. Personally if this is your first run with GH then I'd run it without using berberine or metformin and monitor if your BG gets worse over the course of 4-6 months. Then you'll know exactly how your body handles the drug without other external factors influencing it.
I still have yet to start the gh I was gonna start the first week at 1.2 units just because that's what it will come out to when I add the bac to it, but I keep pushing back when I want to start because my weight is fluctuating.

Reaction score
Here's a question that most people probably haven't asked. With a 1.2 unit show Would it be useless to split it up into two doses? Should I just do the whole thing all at once. Thinking about pulling the trigger and starting in the am

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Here's a question that most people probably haven't asked. With a 1.2 unit show Would it be useless to split it up into two doses? Should I just do the whole thing all at once. Thinking about pulling the trigger and starting in the am
Just take the whole thing at one time.

Reaction score
As @Send0 said, don't bother splitting it. That's completely unnecessary. Yes, the half-life of HGH itself is very short, but its effects are long-lived.

Take a look at Figure 3 on page 3 of the attached paper. It shows that peak free fatty acid (FFA) flux concentrations peak at ~4 h after injection. The FFA flux is then sinusoidal over a period of 24 h post-injection.

Attachments

• verhagen1995 (1).pdf
    331.4 KB · Views: 5

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
As @Send0 said, don't bother splitting it. That's completely unnecessary. Yes, the half-life of HGH itself is very short, but its effects are long-lived.

Take a look at Figure 3 on page 3 of the attached paper. It shows that peak free fatty acid (FFA) flux concentrations peak at ~4 h after injection. The FFA flux is then sinusoidal over a period of 24 h post-injection.

That actually answers questions i didnt even ask lol

The Serum IGF1 steady incline over 12 hours is cool as fuck