Hot Damn and Question for Those who do a fair amount of cardio

Reaction score
30 min stationary bike in the morning , 30 min at night

I try to space the morning session out at least 4 hours from lifting , gives me a chance to recover , relax , even get in a nap if I feel like it.
I enjoy cycling/stationary bike. I’m able to multitask, conference calls, Netflix. Can come up with interesting workouts too. Increase tension, single leg, standing, sitting, can target legs as well a bit with extra tension. Or just sit and spin.

Reaction score
@li.. @mass gain 🤣 What’s your end goal? What type of cardio are you doing? And where are you doing it? I didn’t see it mentioned. If time/space is a concern, a stationary bike at home could work for you. It’s easy to jump off/on based on what’s going on at home.
Its cardio at the gym. Right now I am dropping weight again. I have dropped 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks.

To be at my ideal weight, I want to drop another 20. Right now I am focusing on cardio that I can do as I am still having some injury issues. The elliptical and Jacobs Ladder are working best for me for longer sessions.

I don't mind losing some strength to reach my goal but I still want my weight lifting to at least be 50% of my workout routine.

PS Perhaps I will invest in a stationary bike. I do have an old ass 90s elliptical at home but it feels a bit awkward. The ones at the gym are much easier on the joints and don't feel awkward.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I enjoy cycling/stationary bike. I’m able to multitask, conference calls, Netflix. Can come up with interesting workouts too. Increase tension, single leg, standing, sitting, can target legs as well a bit with extra tension. Or just sit and spin.
My knees are shot from football , if I run more than 100 feet or so like really sprint , I'm done, i'll limp n gimp around until the ibuprofen tylenol n weed kick in .. stationary bike , walking with the wife , swimming ,, any thing low or no impact for me.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
No I’d never do more cardio or even as much as I train.
My goal isn’t to be better at cardio.
I use it as a tool for goal.
My goal is to be bigger and leaner.
My main focus is on what will make that happen. Training and diet.
I simply use cardio for health, burning calories and nutrient partitioning.

buck

Reaction score
My hobbies are things like hiking, mountain climbing, xcountry, skiing , walking. Which are more cardio based then anaerobic. So i devote some time to cardio at the gym but it takes very little cardio for optimal heart health. And for calories i just eat less.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No I’d never do more cardio or even as much as I train.
My goal isn’t to be better at cardio.
I use it as a tool for goal.
My goal is to be bigger and leaner.
My main focus is on what will make that happen. Training and diet.
I simply use cardio for health, burning calories and nutrient partitioning.
ever try fasted bike riding first thing in the am?I cant get the results im uses to without it