Latest cut and looking for advice

Reaction score
It's been a min since I've made a post. Previously I got very lean but sacrificed some muscle. I put on about 30lbs and went from 180-210. Here's one of my past threads https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/looking-for-advice-with-my-routine.35346/

I was ready to cut, but upon some advice on here I was told to maintain for a bit. Well i got unmotivated and maintained for a year and a half, lol. I continued to lift but not as often. My cardio dropped a little as well. Around January I noticed my weight starting to creep from holiday splurging and laziness. Decided I needed to cut some fat. I've lost about 25lbs since February. I maintained 180+ grams of protein and ate in a deficit to try to loose 1-1.5lbs a week. I'm happy with my results and muscle retention. First pic is 215lbs second is 192lbs.

2-13-23 215lbs #1.jpg6-15-23 192lbs #1.jpg
2-13-23 #2.jpg6-15-23  #2.jpg
2-13-23 #3.jpg6-15-23 #3.jpg

I don't think I really want to loose much more weight. I may try to hit 185 or so. I'm ok with having some fluff. I do not want to put in the effort to hit 12-15% body fat.

I'm thinking about trying something for the first time. As a disclaimer I have no access to a source and I do not have any friends or acquaintances who lift. I lift at home as well. I figured I have three options:

SWARMS - I was told I could get some great results and since they are legal would be easy to source. Haven't done a ton of research.

TRT Therapy - I went to a clinic about 2 years ago but never made the plunge. Was given the option of cyn test at 250mg a shot for 10months. I could ask for a bigger shot I guess. Would a 350mg test shot do much?

I'm going to mexico in a month. Can i get gear easily and is it legal to bring back?

I honestly want to choose one and give it hell for a full cycle. I have no desire to do multiple cycles. Health/fitness is part of my life, but I have a ton of hobbies. I just have no interest in going down a road to stay shredded. Just want to pack on as much lean mass as I can and then just maintain.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
SARMs are trash, ignore absolutely every piece of advice that comes out of the mouth of whoever recommended them.

Trt is for if you're actually hypogonadal.

You don't need any gear, you did great on your recomp, that's a big improvement, I don't see that you really lost much muscle, just looks that way since you lost fat.

You honestly just need to build some more muscle and train hard/adhere to some kind of meal plan consistently. At the level you're at you have a ton of room to build a lot of muscle without fucking around with any peds.

I'd say give it a year of focused effort naturally, then come back to the idea of using peds

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You have done well .. losing bodyfat the way you have takes work and discipline ...

However, to be honest you are in the very beginning of your journey ... although your will likely make good newby muscle gains for 6 months to a year .. to build a decent to good physique takes a 18 months or so ... which will pass very quickly so get started now ... :)

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Focus on squat, pull, ohp, bench for your main lifts. Put in plenty of prowler, weighted carries, and some low/ steady state cardio in your regimen. As for diet, read up on carb rotations.

Reaction score
Focus on squat, pull, ohp, bench for your main lifts. Put in plenty of prowler, weighted carries, and some low/ steady state cardio in your regimen. As for diet, read up on carb rotations.
Just to be clear, what are you referring to as"pull"? Ohp= military press?

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Just to be clear, what are you referring to as"pull"? Ohp= military press?

pull = hinging movement ie. deadlift and variations like trap bar, sumo, conventional, etc. from floor, from blocks, etc.

ohp = any vertical press ie. strict ohp, push press, bradford press, zpress, etc.

You have a lot to learn but that's what this place is... a place where you can learn.

New Threads