Liquid Oral Suspension - Humco Flavor Blend?

Oakley6575

Reaction score
I'm planning on making some LOS's and was wondering how Humco Flavor Blend works. Looking to make tadalafil and aromasin.
  • When adding raws to it, do the raws dissolve?
  • Is heat needed after combining?
  • Is shaking required before every dose?
  • If you have experience using Humco FB, do you like it or prefer something else?
Thanks guys!

Reaction score
So, I might be stupid suggesting this but.. isn't the whole point of making a suspension that you can use
non dissolving compounds? If something is water soluble you would make a solution with water being the solvent. (not trying to be an ass here btw)

Assuming this is correct (as far as I know) then.. No. the raws do not dissolve but suspend in the liquid
and heat is not needed as it will not influence the distribution of your raws in the suspension. Stirring and shaking will be your friend (maybe an emulsion blender if you have one)

Shaking can be handy and needed depending on the liquid and raws you use, the Flavor Blend can keep raws suspended for some time but shaking is always recommended by the hospital when I give a patient a suspension.

We use Flavor Blend for kids at our hospital, it works fine :) Any medical grade suspending liquid will work usually. I know some guys like stuff like Ora-Plus but I have no experience using that.

Reaction score
I'm planning on making some LOS's and was wondering how Humco Flavor Blend works. Looking to make tadalafil and aromasin.
  • When adding raws to it, do the raws dissolve?
  • Is heat needed after combining?
  • Is shaking required before every dose?
  • If you have experience using Humco FB, do you like it or prefer something else?
Thanks guys!
@AcidTears nailed it.

The raws don’t dissolve
No heat
Shake before every use
Humco is fine so is Ora-Plus

I would advise getting pharma aromasin tabs though. That’s an easy thing to get and one less accurate thing to worry about.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
@AcidTears nailed it.

The raws don’t dissolve
No heat
Shake before every use
Humco is fine so is Ora-Plus

I would advise getting pharma aromasin tabs though. That’s an easy thing to get and one less accurate thing to worry about.
Agreed.

Just be aware that some pharmaceutical excipients/pill binders, etc. taste like absolute assdeath.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Agreed.

Just be aware that some pharmaceutical excipients/pill binders, etc. taste like absolute assdeath.
Knew a dude like 20 years ago , I think ,, think mind you. It was in kids cough medicine or something like it ,, orals tasted like grape.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Knew a dude like 20 years ago , I think ,, think mind you. It was in kids cough medicine or something like it ,, orals tasted like grape.
Ora Sweet tastes pretty okay, but it can only do so much to mask the methylcellulose, etc.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
You guys are awesome! Thank you! Only reason I was looking at making aromasin was the price. Looks like I can make 60mL @ 25mg/mL for only $13.27.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
So if I were to use PEG400 or something similar, then the tadalafil and aromasin would actually dissolve correct?

Any reason to go that route over Humco?

Reaction score
So if I were to use PEG400 or something similar, then the tadalafil and aromasin would actually dissolve correct?

Any reason to go that route over Humco?

So dissolving has a few advantages, mainly more precise dosing as raws will dissipate into the entire solution (eg. You don’t have flocks of test-e floating around your vial). I personally would not bother because the tadafinil and aromasin raws might dissolve, but the compounds used to make the tablets do not or poorly.

Just stick with the Humco (I also like the taste a bit better if there’s such a thing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk