Mobility Routines

Reaction score
I wasn't too sure where to post this, but it feels fitting for injury prevention. As I get older, I find myself having to be a lot more mindful about particular things to avoid either aggravating a previous injury or just giving myself a new one all together.

What do you guys do for mobility/preventing future injuries or working around current ones?

My lower back/left side of the hip/left leg are my weak spots. I usually do Limber 11 but I also like to keep a variety of options.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Yoga, frequent trips to an RMT, supplemental collagen (not sure if it even works but it’s cheap and also a protein source so fuck it).

I’m also not too proud to use sleeves, wrist wraps etc.

Know your limits, all that, blah blah blah.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Yoga, frequent trips to an RMT, supplemental collagen (not sure if it even works but it’s cheap and also a protein source so fuck it).

Type 1 and 3 are supposed to be for skin , type 2 collagen for joints n osteoarthritis shit like that from what I know.

Reaction score

Any specific yoga? Or do you just pick a handful of poses targeting the area and do those for a period of time?

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Any specific yoga? Or do you just pick a handful of poses targeting the area and do those for a period of time?
Mostly that, but a few times a week the wife and I will go through a more generalized flexibility routine.

Reaction score
I wasn't too sure where to post this, but it feels fitting for injury prevention. As I get older, I find myself having to be a lot more mindful about particular things to avoid either aggravating a previous injury or just giving myself a new one all together.

What do you guys do for mobility/preventing future injuries or working around current ones?

My lower back/left side of the hip/left leg are my weak spots. I usually do Limber 11 but I also like to keep a variety of options.
I do a lot of physical therapy exercises and stretches to strengthen both the back and the hips. The key is consistency. It is easy to start feeling better and then stop doing the preventative routines but it only takes about 15 min a day. For me it is similar to stretching and warm up drills before an athletic event.

Here is a link describing some of the exercises and stretches for the hip : https://www.physio-pedia.com/Therapy_Exercises_for_the_Hip

Additionally, I would focus on core exercises that do not put pressure on your back. There are plenty of places to find back physical therapy routines.

I am not aware of Limber11. I will look into that one. Might be similar.

buck

Reaction score
I try to make active stretching something i do every time i pick something up off the floor. I also stretch my shoulders every day( one has been rebuilt and one has been replaced). Stretch my hips as well after every workout and the knees a few times a week. This has been going on for many years.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
(Like most things in life) Consistency is key. I don't noticeably feel better with regular mobility work. But if I skip it for a week, I noticeably feel worse.

Reaction score
I found that DeFranco Agile 8 works pretty well for most things.

It's unnecessary for me to do, at least right now anyways. But I'll say that my historically inconsistent squats were more consistent when I did this first.