Resistance bands for mobility

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
So Monday morning I was getting dressed and I lifted my left leg up to put it into my pant leg and my lower back popped and it dropped me to the ground.

Today is day 3 and I’m feeling better but I definitely have a lot of weakness in mobility. I’ve been stretching and doing body weight movements, but I have always neglected my mobility and stretching exercises and it finally caught up with me.

So with that being said, I already own some of the Slingshot brand of bands, hip circles and such, but I’m looking for something longer like I see in some of the videos I’ve been watching. Are there any brands better than others or are they mostly all the same in quality?

I appreciate it. Hope all is well

Reaction score
Nah bands are bands..
I am sure if you start using them for say benching or squating. I am sure there are really good quality ones.
But you have slingshot brand I am sure they are good quality..

A long time ago I brought a brand called ripcord.. it can in a carry bag. It had a sleeve that you could put between a door and the jam and shut the door on it.
That kept it from slipping out and you can slip the bands thru it.
I loved them and I still have a few.
I have had them for at least 12-13 yrs.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
The Elitefts bands seem to hold up well and last a decent amount of time , Ive got a set of red mini's for over a year I use all the time that have held their tension and not stretched out.

The bands from Westside ,, i hate to say but ive had one snap and i replaced it with one from Elitefts , no issue for a year.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ll give them an order. I’ve been neglecting this stuff for years now but I’m approaching 40 and I don’t want to sound like one of those guys that I work with. So I’m starting from square one again

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
The Elitefts bands seem to hold up well and last a decent amount of time , Ive got a set of red mini's for over a year I use all the time that have held their tension and not stretched out.

The bands from Westside ,, i hate to say but ive had one snap and i replaced it with one from Elitefts , no issue for a year.
I have the EliteFTS ones as well and they seem good.

I don’t use them for anything crazy, to be fair, mostly GHRs and band pull aparts, but they’re pretty durable. I’ve had mine for a few years.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I have the EliteFTS ones as well and they seem good.

I don’t use them for anything crazy, to be fair, mostly GHRs and band pull aparts, but they’re pretty durable. I’ve had mine for a few years.
I just got a set of their greys and the blues , the grey will put 230 or so on a deadlift at my height.

haven't got to use the blues yet , not til the back heals up.

I really enjoy band work love the shaking and the way they fight back , like hand fishing for sharks

Reaction score

See Dave learned what not to do from Louie and he perfected his products…🤣

Reader591

Reaction score
I have a cheap set off Amazon that was like $40 and came in a little bag. It’s great for mobility stuff and light movements, easy to travel with too. Thats about all I use that set for.

I have some heavier bands (ethos?) I’ll have to check. For working out they have been just fine for me.

Reaction score
We talking about those bands like they use in PT? I'm going to get shit for this link but fuuk it if it helps.

I clicked on the link and saw some very attractive women. I must have missed these bands you speak of.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
We talking about those bands like they use in PT? I'm going to get shit for this link but fuuk it if it helps.

I got something similar to these this morning. A set with a few more. That’s all I’ll need them for. I’ll add other bands that are for legit lifting once I’m able to function again

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I got something similar to these this morning. A set with a few more. That’s all I’ll need them for. I’ll add other bands that are for legit lifting once I’m able to function again
That's what I thought you were looking for. Saying "Bands" means something different to a PL than a PT.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
That's what I thought you were looking for. Saying "Bands" means something different to a PL than a PT.
I didn’t even consider that lol. I’ll definitely be getting the others when time comes

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
EliteFTS is currently running a 30% off sale... Screenshot_20231011-181612_Yahoo Mail.jpg

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
So Monday morning I was getting dressed and I lifted my left leg up to put it into my pant leg and my lower back popped and it dropped me to the ground.

Today is day 3 and I’m feeling better but I definitely have a lot of weakness in mobility. I’ve been stretching and doing body weight movements, but I have always neglected my mobility and stretching exercises and it finally caught up with me.

So with that being said, I already own some of the Slingshot brand of bands, hip circles and such, but I’m looking for something longer like I see in some of the videos I’ve been watching. Are there any brands better than others or are they mostly all the same in quality?

I appreciate it. Hope all is well
I don't use mine too much except for resistance on some machines. Ordered the black mountain products ones from amazon. Can't really justify spending the prices Rogue was asking for.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I don't use mine too much except for resistance on some machines. Ordered the black mountain products ones from amazon. Can't really justify spending the prices Rogue was asking for.
When it comes to Rogue, for me, they’re just for window shopping. I can’t afford their cheapest stuff

buck

Reaction score
I find bands to be useful if used correctly. I have a selection from elite. Of course, once things start feeling fine i tend to slack off from using them....go figure.

New Threads