New Anorexic Looking Fucker

Reaction score
Hey guys, been browsing the forum for a few days and decided to register and introduce myself.

I'm 32, and very new to lifting. I'm only a little over 2 weeks in, but I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm 6' tall, around 130 pounds. So yeah, looking like a skeleton. I've always been this size, and always hated it. I just recently decided to do something about it.

I'm counting calories and macros, going for 120-130 grams of protein per day. Calorie wise I'm going for between 2500 and 3000.

I'm not necessarily training a program, I've just been kinda winging it. I've been doing chest and arms one day, then legs, shoulders, and back. Rest day after that. I'm training 4 days per week.

I know I need to pick an actual program, just kinda overwhelmed with all the options.

I'm not using gear at the moment, although I'm wanting to eventually. I wanna get a solid routine going before I do that. I had my test levels checked a few months ago, and they were low. The doctor put me on TRT gel, but due to random life events I had to stop taking it.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here, and know I'll get plenty of great info from y'all.

Thanks!

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Welcome. Well the first then I’d say is track everything and if 3000 isn’t working then go to 3500. If that’s not working go to 4000, etc

Human_Backhoe

Photoshop Picasso
Reaction score
Welcome. Getting going is the hardest part, glad you're moving forward.

Also good you're off testosterone for now. As you lift and eat your numbers could recover nicely. I know being late 30's that pinning for the rest of my life will fucking suck.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Welcome you skinny fucker. Eat, pin, lift, eat, pin, lift, eat, pin, lift, cardio, eat, eat, eat, pin, lift, eat eat eat eat, pin, lift, eat.

J/K - agree with the advice. Get some weight on and training in. If test levels are still low then yeah, consider TRT with actual pinning.

Reaction score
Welcome. Yea, at 6’ and 130 lbs you are a long way from using gear. Don’t start until you’re somewhere around 200+ lbs.

6’ and 130? Smh. I just can’t even imagine. Time to start eating.

Also, pick a training program. Doing things arbitrary as a beginner just doesn’t work. You’ll be spinning your wheels and doing stupid shit. I see that in the gym. Those guys lift the same weight as when they started and look exactly the same way week after week after month after month. There’s a better way.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Hey guys, been browsing the forum for a few days and decided to register and introduce myself.

I'm 32, and very new to lifting. I'm only a little over 2 weeks in, but I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm 6' tall, around 130 pounds. So yeah, looking like a skeleton. I've always been this size, and always hated it. I just recently decided to do something about it.

I'm counting calories and macros, going for 120-130 grams of protein per day. Calorie wise I'm going for between 2500 and 3000.

I'm not necessarily training a program, I've just been kinda winging it. I've been doing chest and arms one day, then legs, shoulders, and back. Rest day after that. I'm training 4 days per week.

I know I need to pick an actual program, just kinda overwhelmed with all the options.

I'm not using gear at the moment, although I'm wanting to eventually. I wanna get a solid routine going before I do that. I had my test levels checked a few months ago, and they were low. The doctor put me on TRT gel, but due to random life events I had to stop taking it.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here, and know I'll get plenty of great info from y'all.

Thanks!

Welcome
Time to get swole amigo

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Unless you're extremely sedentary, 2500-3k calories isn't likely to be much above maintenance for a man your size. Don't be afraid to make upward adjustments.

The general guideline for protein intake is 1g/lb of bodyweight, but this could be adjusted upward in your case.

Can you give us an idea of what an average day of eating looks like for you?

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome. Yea, at 6’ and 130 lbs you are a long way from using gear. Don’t start until you’re somewhere around 200+ lbs.

6’ and 130? Smh. I just can’t even imagine. Time to start eating.

Also, pick a training program. Doing things arbitrary as a beginner just doesn’t work. You’ll be spinning your wheels and doing stupid shit. I see that in the gym. Those guys lift the same weight as when they started and look exactly the same way week after week after month after month. There’s a better way.
Welcome @SwingerPenguin.

Ha @BigBaldBeardGuy. Dude doesn’t need to gain 70 lbs to start gear. What was ur fighting weight when you were 18? 190lbs? If so, that’s the proportional equivalent of saying, “get to to 300lbs before pinning.”
SMH

Reaction score
Ha! Dude doesn’t need to gain 70 lbs to start gear. What’s ur fighting weight when you were 18? 190lbs? If so, that’s the proportional equivalent of saying, “get to to 300lbs before pinning.”
SMH
How would gear help him at 130 lbs when he has A LOT of natural progress to make.

He’s been lifting TWO WEEKS.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
How would gear help him at 130 lbs when he has A LOT of natural progress to make.

He’s been lifting TWO WEEKS.
He doesn’t need to touch gear for years. But gaining 70 lbs is not gonna happen naturally either without getting fat AF.

Reaction score
He doesn’t need to touch gear for years. But gaining 70 lbs is not gonna happen naturally either without getting fat AF.
His starting point is 130 lbs. at 6’

That’s a frame that has a lot of space to grow. It’s not going to happen instantly. But there’s no reason to toss drugs at him any time soon. Is it unreasonable to wait 10 years? This is an absolute NOVICE. He’ll grow quick at first. He should be at least intermediate level before running drugs. No?

What would you say a reasonable weight would be for a 6’0” guy? Assuming he’s training hard and eating properly?

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
And this is why you’ve never grown
70lbs for someone underweight and undersized is way different than 70lbs for say Nick Walker.
He could put on 20-30 pretty quickly just by eating more.
He’s a beginner.
If he’s doing everything right he’d get 70lbs in 4-5 years or less.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score

Thats actually not an unreasonable amount.

6 foot and 130 is like.... REALLY skinny.

Changes can happened very quickly for the untrained, hitting the food and weight hard, he can get to athoetic levels (170/180 in maybe a couple years.

Its kinda like the HIV patiente who put in insane amounts of mass from a little bit of Var, their bodies were starving for healthy muscle mass, much like the OP

I know a kid, ive been coaching recently
Same situation, hes skin and bones SKINNY
We are seeing WEEKLY changes in his physique, his friends are accusing him of steroids, but hes just training a PPLL split and eatinf monstrous amounts of food
Hes put on like 20 lbs in 4 months, these are his firet 4 months of training....ever.

Waiting years to allow the natural growth to stall is always a good idea IMHO

It can be surprising what you can accomplish when hitting the weights and the stove with a passion

You 100% would not believe me if i told you how many lbs of muscle ive aquired in the past 4 years

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Welcome you skinny fucker. Eat, pin, lift, eat, pin, lift, eat, pin, lift, cardio, eat, eat, eat, pin, lift, eat eat eat eat, pin, lift, eat.

J/K - agree with the advice. Get some weight on and training in. If test levels are still low then yeah, consider TRT with actual pinning.
the fuck is this shit? worst advice ever.

who does cardio anymore?