New here. Seeking advice.

Chick_Athlete

Lady Member
Reaction score
Seeking people's recommendations and advice about tactics or diets they've tried that are unorthodox/nontraditional/unique that will get you lean and shed fat?

I'm a female bodybuilder. I'm 5'3" and 135-140 lbs. Done 2 shows and placed first in both (8% BF in the first and 11% BF in the second), but after my 2nd show and in my attempt for my 3rd, I shot my metabolism and been struggling to lose weight since. I've tried a TON of diets out there and nothing seems to be working. I've had 4 different bodybuilding coaches (well-known in the industry too who say 'come with me and I'll get you where you want to be') in the past 3 years, each given between 6-8 month trials and every coach starts the same - giving me more food 1900+ cals only to cut me to 1,000 cals weeks/months later, or even up my cardo to 2hrs/day - and my body won't break below 130 lbs. (Mind you, when I step on stage, I'm around 117 lbs.) I've tried vegan, carb cycling, low fat diets, low carb diets, water cycling, balanced diets, intermittent fasting, etc. I was a collegiate and professional athlete so I've never been fat and know the work ethic it takes, but for some reason, I'm at a loss for what to do or try next. I get my blood work done every 3 months - everything is "perfect" (from what my doc says) and she can't figure out why I'm unable to shed pounds. I went on thyroid medicine about a year ago because my doc said it was underperforming at the level of workout I was doing, calling me a shade hypo and now I've been in a hyper state on meds for the past 5 months - again without any weight change. Every diet I did for my first two shows to get lean doesn't affect my body now. I've also tried VAR, SARMS, Clen, Fat burners, etc. - My body reacts well for muscle gain effects but nothing in fat loss. I hold majority of my weight in my stomach while my limbs stay lean.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

I'm nowhere near qualified to be able to help you out with your needs, but I do hope that you find a good coaching match.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
8% is peeled and 11% is still stage ready.

This is a hard one since you would expect the same outcome if you're doing everything the same. Do you have weight and measurements from your prior comps? They would help because the way I am leaning is water retention.

You mentioned BW and that is and was a good start. You also said you had your thyroid checked, I assume this was a TSA and T3 BW? I'm sure they checked your albumin? Again, this is a stab in the dark.

Chick_Athlete

Lady Member
Reaction score
I don’t have my measurements off hand, but most inches are dropped in my glutes and waist. I take 2 thyroid meds - a combo T3 and T4 pill plus an additional T3 pill.

Albumin for the past 9 months has stayed around 4.3, within the normal range.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground sister! I hope that we can help point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Seeking people's recommendations and advice about tactics or diets they've tried that are unorthodox/nontraditional/unique that will get you lean and shed fat?

I'm a female bodybuilder. I'm 5'3" and 135-140 lbs. Done 2 shows and placed first in both (8% BF in the first and 11% BF in the second), but after my 2nd show and in my attempt for my 3rd, I shot my metabolism and been struggling to lose weight since. I've tried a TON of diets out there and nothing seems to be working. I've had 4 different bodybuilding coaches (well-known in the industry too who say 'come with me and I'll get you where you want to be') in the past 3 years, each given between 6-8 month trials and every coach starts the same - giving me more food 1900+ cals only to cut me to 1,000 cals weeks/months later, or even up my cardo to 2hrs/day - and my body won't break below 130 lbs. (Mind you, when I step on stage, I'm around 117 lbs.) I've tried vegan, carb cycling, low fat diets, low carb diets, water cycling, balanced diets, intermittent fasting, etc. I was a collegiate and professional athlete so I've never been fat and know the work ethic it takes, but for some reason, I'm at a loss for what to do or try next. I get my blood work done every 3 months - everything is "perfect" (from what my doc says) and she can't figure out why I'm unable to shed pounds. I went on thyroid medicine about a year ago because my doc said it was underperforming at the level of workout I was doing, calling me a shade hypo and now I've been in a hyper state on meds for the past 5 months - again without any weight change. Every diet I did for my first two shows to get lean doesn't affect my body now. I've also tried VAR, SARMS, Clen, Fat burners, etc. - My body reacts well for muscle gain effects but nothing in fat loss. I hold majority of my weight in my stomach while my limbs stay lean.

Typically I wouldn't even say this
But you're a competitor and healthy.

Have you experimented with Diuretics?
Yes, before anyone comments.. theybare dangerous, especially in a depleted state during contest prep.
But a little can go a long way.

That would be my first assumption...
I have to agree with @snake ... water retention would appear to be the most likely culprit.

Chick_Athlete

Lady Member
Reaction score
Typically I wouldn't even say this
But you're a competitor and healthy.

Have you experimented with Diuretics?
Yes, before anyone comments.. theybare dangerous, especially in a depleted state during contest prep.
But a little can go a long way.

That would be my first assumption...
I have to agree with @snake ... water retention would appear to be the most likely culprit.
I have experimented with Diuretics. It worked before, but now doesn’t.. I do hold a lot of water though.

BovaJP

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hey there @Chick_Athlete , re: "a combo T3 and T4 pill plus an additional T3 pill."
seems like a lot of t3 .

What about all other hormones? good?
How is your stress? My last prep i bombed due to stress . I could not drop the lbs.

New Threads