New(ish) to the forum

Reaction score
Hey everybody
Kind of new to the forum. I’ve had my account for about a year now, but really didn’t do any more than just randomly click around for some leisure reading. Got introduced to weightlifting pretty early on (here’s the part a lot of people typically don’t believe) by my grandfather who used to workout with Sergio Oliva Sr back in the day in Cuba.
Have always loved weightlifting but never really got fully into the education/science behind it until my early 20s. Even then, Ive mainly found anabolics to be very fascinating. I’m now coming back to the gym after two years of a consistent recovery/injury cycle, but hey- baby steps.
Anyway, before this turns into a weird ramble that goes in a hundred different directions, this is my first real involvement in any forum, and I look forward to learning a thing or two from you all!

Reaction score
Hey everybody
Kind of new to the forum. I’ve had my account for about a year now, but really didn’t do any more than just randomly click around for some leisure reading. Got introduced to weightlifting pretty early on (here’s the part a lot of people typically don’t believe) by my grandfather who used to workout with Sergio Oliva Sr back in the day in Cuba.
Have always loved weightlifting but never really got fully into the education/science behind it until my early 20s. Even then, Ive mainly found anabolics to be very fascinating. I’m now coming back to the gym after two years of a consistent recovery/injury cycle, but hey- baby steps.
Anyway, before this turns into a weird ramble that goes in a hundred different directions, this is my first real involvement in any forum, and I look forward to learning a thing or two from you all!
Also I wanted to add that the cycle of injury was not from consistent dumbassery in the gym lol I developed a bone degenerating infection from dirty equipment used while in surgery and it has caused the same injury to occur multiple times. With that said, the first time it happened…that was purely my own stupidity by trying to rush to my working sets by not warming up properly, and blowing out my pec/pec tendon

Reaction score
Welcome. What are your stats, i.e., height, weight, estimated bodyfat percentage etc.? What are your goals? How's your diet?

Reaction score
Hey everybody
Welcome to UG

Reaction score
Welcome. What are your stats, i.e., height, weight, estimated bodyfat percentage etc.? What are your goals? How's your diet?
5’7
190lbs
roughly 20%
Main goal right now are to make a proper recovery, build up strength in the tendons, and get back in the gym on a regular schedule.
Diet isn’t too strict right now. It’s more or less just trying to ensure that I’m getting plenty of protein, fruits/veggies, healthy fats/carbs. Not really tracking much, but also trying not to eat like I hate myself lol

Reaction score
5’7
190lbs
roughly 20%
Main goal right now are to make a proper recovery, build up strength in the tendons, and get back in the gym on a regular schedule.
Diet isn’t too strict right now. It’s more or less just trying to ensure that I’m getting plenty of protein, fruits/veggies, healthy fats/carbs. Not really tracking much, but also trying not to eat like I hate myself lol
That bone infection sounds nasty. You sound as though you're taking a measured approach to recovery. Keep up the good work.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Glad you emerged from the shadows, only creeps hide back there.
It is nice back in the shadows. You get to sniff peoples gym bags and socks and underwear. It not creepy unless you get caught.
By the way cj. That gym towel of yours hasnt been washed since you did the wild thing with that aerobics instructor.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG! There's a wealth of information here. But you don't find by searching. You can always ask in a thread.

Reaction score
That bone infection sounds nasty. You sound as though you're taking a measured approach to recovery. Keep up the good work.
Thank you thank you. Definitely was a harsh process! Docs said something along the lines of “pushing you as close to liver failure without killing you as possible” in order to wipe out the infection. Had a tube running antibiotics from my arm into my heart for six weeks along with the other arm being in a sling. They also mentioned that the infection I had (serratia/osteomyelitis) typically kills people in six months and I had it for almost a year. The first two post-op pain levels were pretty fucking high so I thought my baseline pain level was just my new normal lol apparently that wasn’t the case and it almost killed me 😂 docs said the pain was supposed to be my “get it checked” sign. All good now though so that’s all that matters! Also- god bless BPC

New Threads