Prayers for one of our own.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Well...,..,not much lm ready to say...just wait lol

simple things so far is getting my body working on a normal basis right now is number one. But the honest is...an extremely fitness life is over by choice and at 50 I’m ok with that, will always live a healthy life and stay in shape but it’s no longer life and I’m totally cool...also wish I never made it the most important thing in my life...NO MORE

when I get better as it’s been hell... but I’m ok and just getting better........I’ll be back with a better story!!

oh and weight dropped from 136 to 119 was brutal but I’m starting to go up now.... thank god

Best wishes to you and remember quality of life outs weighs looks and body fat %, can be healthy and happy without being extreme.

I wish I took up boxing instead of powerlifting over a decade ago but powerlifting is behind me now with bowling and boxing in it's place.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You got this Jen thank you for the update.

Best wishes

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
You're a fighter and this is just a different type of battle. Everyone here that is our "Senior Class" knows what we do is a young (wo)man game.
I have a feeling you're not abandoning the training but rather just shifting your priorities to meet some different needs once you fell 100% again. Rest up for now but be happy with what you have done with your body and training. You have taken it to a level that most could only dream of and in that, find some satisfaction.

Very well said Snake, very well said!!

glad to hear from ya Jen, life is full of choices/battles/happy moments as us old folks know, but our common bond here is an addiction to go full throttle when we pick a road to take; and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!! But as life goes- “big risks, big rewards, and even bigger failures if things go the other direction”. We all reset, readjust, and try again and thats why folks with our “mindset” tend to do better with things in life!

My addiction was drag racing, for 12yrs i was obsessed with it, to become the best i could be. The time/money i dumped into that addiction was big, but I became the guy nobody was happy to pair up with. That road finally ran its course as the kid got older and found paths she wanted to try; i can look back and have regrets if i let it, but i wont, it was a chapter in my life story, i know i gave it all i had, its allowed me to meet incredible people from all over the united states that some have become extended family even though we dont see eachother every weekend spring-fall. Dont dwell on the bad, turn the page, move onto your next chapter in life, and only relish on the positives you’ve experienced on this journey!!

good luck Jen, you got this this, whatever your next story is!!:32 (1):

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Well...,..,not much lm ready to say...just wait lol

simple things so far is getting my body working on a normal basis right now is number one. But the honest is...an extremely fitness life is over by choice and at 50 I’m ok with that, will always live a healthy life and stay in shape but it’s no longer life and I’m totally cool...also wish I never made it the most important thing in my life...NO MORE

when I get better as it’s been hell... but I’m ok and just getting better........I’ll be back with a better story!!

oh and weight dropped from 136 to 119 was brutal but I’m starting to go up now.... thank god

You are an animal and inspiration. There are pics all over this place to prove it. Whatever you decide to do will get done and done well.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you posting. Glad to see you're on the road to recovery

Reaction score
It took a bit to read a lot of this.. it was nice to see you popping up posting.. stay strong.. it was nice hearing everyin say such great things about having you around here

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you jenn, I hope things are looking up for ya.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone...just can’t thank every post as there are so many.....which means a lot :32 (16):

Jenn, hoping all is going OK for you. Not a good thing to go thru,but you are a battler. Thinking of you...

~Rot

New Threads