pre workout stimulants

Reaction score
Looking for a pre workout that will eventually be banned because it contains an effective stimulant.
Any suggestions?
thanks

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Nowadays high stim pre-workout usually just means an obscene level of caffeine.

Reaction score
Fuck preworkout drinks. This shit gives you an unbelievable pump, energy, and focus. You will notice when you stop using them as well as start.

Reaction score
Honestly, I use Citrulline for heavier morning workout, not bad, but now simply waking up bit earlier (like 2 hrs before gym), having a stronger coffee (sometimes red bull :) a it helps often.

Reaction score
I make my own pre work out by combining the things I like at the dosages I want. For instance, you can get Guarna (the stim), L Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, Creatine from Nutricost. Mix together. Buying separate in bulk can save $$. I also throw in L Tyrosine for focus.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
I had years where I would use large amounts of caffeine but now a starbucks double shot is near the upper limit of where I want my caffeine intake before training. Anything else I feel like reduces the pump and gets my heart pounding too fast.

The only preworkout ingredient I've more recently come across that I enjoyed was alpha gpc. First time I've felt the "focus" some products advertise. Add a little caffeine to that and the feeling is borderline euphoric.

None of the shit really kicks unless you're well rested. Good sleep is biggest needle mover.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
None of the shit really kicks unless you're well rested. Good sleep is biggest needle mover.

I disagree with this.

I've gotten in decent training sessions on 4-5 hours of sleep thanks to PWO supplements. If I didn't take anything, I would spend those afternoons dozing off and falling asleep.

8+ hours of sleep is ideal in every possible way, including for these products to be best used. But they are actually more "needed" for me when I'm running on less rest.

buck

Reaction score
Be awhile before they ban mine. Coffee, it has been doing the trick for decades. And there would be revolution if they banned it.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
I disagree with this.

I've gotten in decent training sessions on 4-5 hours of sleep thanks to PWO supplements. If I didn't take anything, I would spend those afternoons dozing off and falling asleep.

8+ hours of sleep is ideal in every possible way, including for these products to be best used. But they are actually more "needed" for me when I'm running on less rest.
Yea but that's assuming you're normally getting good sleep. A week of 4-5 hour nights fueling every workout with 300-400mgs of caffeine and it starts to have a fractional effect.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Yea but that's assuming you're normally getting good sleep. A week of 4-5 hour nights fueling every workout with 300-400mgs of caffeine and it starts to have a fractional effect.

I can't speak on that, so I will take your word for it.

I'm more of a 200-250mg caffeine kind of guy. I don't touch those powders with 300-400mg. Also, I very rarely go more than 2 nights in a row with that little sleep.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
I can't speak on that, so I will take your word for it.

I'm more of a 200-250mg caffeine kind of guy. I don't touch those powders with 300-400mg. Also, I very rarely go more than 2 nights in a row with that little sleep.
I'm assuming the people looking for exotic stimulants are already tolerant to the upper range of caffeine doses. And I don't think you get tolerant to those doses until you've been using them more than once or twice a week.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I'm assuming the people looking for exotic stimulants are already tolerant to the upper range of caffeine doses. And I don't think you get tolerant to those doses until you've been using them more than once or twice a week.

I think I am just blessed. I use some level of caffeine almost every day but my tolerance never changes. It helps that I was very sensitive to begin with.

I have a pre-workout with DMHA. It's good but I don't really care for that stimmed-out feeling.

New Threads