TRT

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was advised in my introduction to reach out to the knowledge ladies on here for advice about TRT for wife.
Her latest physical came back with low testosterone (everything else was good!). So she is meeting with her doctor tomorrow about TRT options and we would like to know more about it. There is next to nothing on female TRT on the internet about this and we don't just want to take a doctor's word for how to treat it.
About my bride:
She is 44 years yoing, 5'2 120lbs and isn't not very active physically. I attached a copy of her blood word. She has not been diagnosed with Perimenopause, is not on any medication, does not drink alcohol and has a good sleep schedule. She really is extremely healthy.

The primary questions we have:
What is the best form of treatment in your opinion and experience? My doc had me on test c and cream. Is that something women do?
If any of you are in her shoes, what would you say is something she absolutely needs to do?
And what are things she absolutely must not do?
Thank you for taking the time to read this. She is planning to take down notes for her appointment.

Attachments

• Her Blood Work.jpg
    Her Blood Work.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 15

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
First off, your wife has a good man.

Are you dealing with a GP or endocrinologist? An Endo may be less likely to go TRT; they tend to over analyze things.

This should be straightforward. Just make sure that whatever their dosing her, the half-life equals what she is doing for injections. You probably already know this from your TRT.

She should be able to do 1 injection once a week subcutaneously (SQ) a walk in the park.

She's at an age where her hormones are going to be fluctuation so make sure she stays on her BW. She should notice a difference in 4 weeks. You may even be benefiting from this. 😉

Reactions: DF
Reaction score
First off, your wife has a good man.

Are you dealing with a GP or endocrinologist? An Endo may be less likely to go TRT; they tend to over analyze things.

This should be straightforward. Just make sure that whatever their dosing her, the half-life equals what she is doing for injections. You probably already know this from your TRT.

She should be able to do 1 injection once a week subcutaneously (SQ) a walk in the park.

She's at an age where her hormones are going to be fluctuation so make sure she stays on her BW. She should notice a difference in 4 weeks. You may even be benefiting from this. 😉
I appreciate you Snake. I will tell her what you said about me being a good man 😂.
She's going to a primary care doc who is very good. So with my TRT (Cypionate 200mg) I was having big ups and downs with it and went to daily micro injections and small dose of cream to keep things level.
Do women have these same ups and downs or do the SQ injections make this less for them?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Male or female, most don't have a problem like you did. Nothing wrong with her splinting it. Most of the the time it's the light doses that need to be split because the valley is too low and (s)he becomes symptomatic again.

As for what you're going to tell the wife about what I said, leave the name Snake out of it if you want it to have any merit.

Bomb10shell

Lady Member
Reaction score
Beware dosing. In my experience and the experience of the other females in my circle, doctors, endocrinologist, and clinics tend to start too high and work their way down instead of low and working up. One of my friends has permanent virilization sides because her endo started her way too high. One clinic wanted to start me at 200mg... so just be cautious when getting suggestions for dosing.

I started at 5mg test c E5D IM. I've never done sub-q and have heard mixed things so I stick to IM for now.

I ended up finding my happy medium at 8mg e5d.

I started at an undetectable level of testosterone, very low SHBG and DHEA.

I can send you the full breakdown in PM if you want

Reaction score
Beware dosing. In my experience and the experience of the other females in my circle, doctors, endocrinologist, and clinics tend to start too high and work their way down instead of low and working up. One of my friends has permanent virilization sides because her endo started her way too high. One clinic wanted to start me at 200mg... so just be cautious when getting suggestions for dosing.

I started at 5mg test c E5D IM. I've never done sub-q and have heard mixed things so I stick to IM for now.

I ended up finding my happy medium at 8mg e5d.

I started at an undetectable level of testosterone, very low SHBG and DHEA.

I can send you the full breakdown in PM if you want
Thank for the reply.
Any info you can share would be more than welcomed.

Reaction score
My wife (32) is on Test Prop 8mg/wk, split dosage weekly.

She was authorized to be as high as 15mg/wk, and we had used that dosage without virilization issues - but excess oil and acne was not worth it. Reducing dosage was beneficial for that. She also could have been on 15mg/wk Test C or E without issue, but we wanted to try out Test Propionate - which she liked more.

One clinic wanted to start me at 200mg
This is the kind of dose that will turn a feminine woman into a bearded man (without the phalus).

Recommend using a reputable TRT clinic like Defy (if US based) or Balance My Hormones (UK) for your wife, if you find your care is subpar with current provider. Keep in mind that many providers (including Endocrinologists, unfortunately) are woefully underinformed on testosterone therapy for men; this phenomena does not get better for the treatment of women.

I recommended Topical Test cream before, would still recommend that as first step. Injections are often not needed, but could be more enjoyable if not needle averse. Your mileage may vary.

Bomb10shell

Lady Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of dose that will turn a feminine woman into a bearded man (without the phalus).
Exactly why I didn't pursue that clinic. Others wanted to start between 100 and 150. I knew just enough to know that was wrong.

How did she adjust her dosage and injections for prop? What did she notice different that she liked better than C or E?

Reaction score
How did she adjust her dosage and injections for prop?
Prop is ~22% more potent than Test C/E. Was at 10mg/wk Test C to mitigate acne, reduced to 8mg/wk Test P for same reason. Again, she was cleared for 15mg/wk for both - and was allowed to run Var (up to 12mg/day) alongside her TRT.

She currently does 8mg/wk Test P and 6mg/training day Var. Var will be stopped when she's done with her cut (3 month run-time).
What did she notice different that she liked better than C or E?
She said she likes that she can feel it. Likely due to the shorter acting ester.

Bomb10shell

Lady Member
Reaction score
Prop is ~22% more potent than Test C/E. Was at 10mg/wk Test C to mitigate acne, reduced to 8mg/wk Test P for same reason. Again, she was cleared for 15mg/wk for both - and was allowed to run Var (up to 12mg/day) alongside her TRT.

She currently does 8mg/wk Test P and 6mg/training day Var. Var will be stopped when she's done with her cut (3 month run-time).

She said she likes that she can feel it. Likely due to the shorter acting ester.
Awesome. I'll file that away for future use

Reaction score
Yes, thank you for that info. As a woman I have found it to be hard to get accurate info on dosage. Which is partially why I have not used.

New Threads