Worried with Blood Work Results

Reaction score
Hello,

New to this forum. Not exactly new to AAS use, but I'm not an expert by any means, either (I've only done four cycles so far).

Stats: 27 y/o 5'10, 215lbs, ~12% bf (guess). I am currently running a PPL split 6 days on / 1 day off, and I throw in about 30-45 mins of cardio 6 days a week (I take Saturday off).

I recently ran some blood work in preparation for my upcoming blast. I got some results back that were, quite frankly, unexpected. In the past my blood work has typically been all clear, mostly. I've historically had elevated Creatinine levels (1.39mg/dL). I've also had elevated AST/ALT levels and a low HDL in the past with a cycle that included some orals; however, that was nothing worrisome and cleared up a few months afterwards.

I've been on a cruise dose of 150mg/week Test-E (e3d injections) for the past 20-ish weeks now. I just got my blood work back and had some unexpected results. As I said before, my creatinine has historically been higher -- outside of the reference range (1.39mg/dL). My BW shows it at 1.60mg/dL now, and eGFR at 58 (which I know is not an *entirely* accurate assessment, given that it is estimated off of Creatinine levels). I know that those with greater muscle mass tend to be on the higher side of the Creatinine scale. But the 1.60 is higher than what I normally am. I don't consider myself extremely muscular by any means, so I am unsure whether the figures would be skewed that much just due to my muscle mass.

Another point that is worrying me is the AST/ALT and Bilirubin. AST & ALT are 80 & 60 respectively, and the Bilirubin is at 2.4mg/dL (more than twice that of the far end of the reference range). I'm not sure what to make of any of this. I haven't been experiencing any liver-related symptoms or otherwise. I have been more heavily focused on cardio work during this cruise. From what I've read, it appears that AST/ALT could be higher due to increased cardiovascular workout volume?

Also noticed that my WBC is low -- which is very odd. At this point I am not sure what to make of any of this. I don't have high blood-pressure or any symptoms that would indicate something is wrong, and I know that symptoms don't tell the entire story.

For what it's worth, I was fasted for the bloodwork. But I had done some moderately intense cardio the day before. I would imagine the effect of that would be marginal at best, but I'm not sure.

Maybe it is time a see a doctor?

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• BW1.jpg
    BW1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 38
  • BW2.jpg
    BW2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 37
Reaction score
Liver enzymes high and bilirubin high...do you take anything at all for your liver?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I can't comment on the creatinine; however the fact that you have elevated AST and ALT, and backed up by high Bilirubin, definitely indicates something might be going on with the liver.

Bilirubin could also indicate that there is something wrong with red blood cells in the body... but given that you have high AST and ALT along with high Bilirubin, then my gut feeling is that it's something liver related.

You need to see a doctor to have him run more specific tests if you want to know more.

Reaction score
I can't comment on the creatinine; however the fact that you have elevated AST and ALT, and backed up by high Bilirubin, definitely indicates something might be going on with the liver.

Bilirubin could also indicate that there is something wrong with red blood cells in the body... but given that you have high AST and ALT along with high Bilirubin, then my gut feeling is that it's something liver related.

You need to see a doctor to have him run more specific tests if you want to know more.
Thank you for your input -- much appreciated.

I'm not a drinker at all, but I do recall two days before the blood work I went out and had several drinks. I can't really find any literature or discussion on the acute affects of drinking on liver values. Perhaps that caused results to be negatively skewed?

I'm going to follow up with my PCP and see what he thinks.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think you need to run this by a Doc and have some further testing. I'm not concerned with the creatine levels giving the muscle you're carrying. Mine have been between 1.45 and 1.60 for 20+ years. If you see a big jump that keeps rising, that's concerning.

Yeah the AST and ALT are a bit too high but given that your RBC is low, there maybe something going on there too with the elevated bilirubin.

Hold off on any cycling until you see a Doc and get retested. They may have you wait a month or 2 for the retest. The WBC count is not that far out but it could be a piece to the puzzle.

Reaction score
Are you jaundiced? Very dark urine? Symptoms of feeling unwell?
Frequently, unless you have something obvious like hepatitis, it's gallstones or an inflammation of the bile duct. Definitely have it checked out immediately.

Reaction score
Are you jaundiced? Very dark urine? Symptoms of feeling unwell?
Frequently, unless you have something obvious like hepatitis, it's gallstones or an inflammation of the bile duct. Definitely have it checked out immediately.
I have no symptoms whatsoever. Still getting it checked to be safe.

Reaction score
Do you supplement with creatine as well? I'm only asking because I think I'm in a similar boat. Just three months ago I had my labs drawn and I had a pretty good eGFR of 80 with a creatinine level of 1.12. But at the time I took about six weeks off from the gym due to stress and life keeping me away from the gym. When I'm not working out I don't take creatine. But now, three months later my eGFR dropped down to 58 and my creatinine levels hiked up to 1.46. I've also been back to the gym and working out pretty intensely for the past two and a half months.

I'm seeing my doctor next week. I hope we can safely deduce that my creatine intake and being back at the gym training hard six days a week is why my eGFR and creatinine levels have been affected. I just read that one should go off creatine two to three weeks before getting lab work to see more accurate numbers. I hope that's true.

Reaction score
Do you supplement with creatine as well? I'm only asking because I think I'm in a similar boat. Just three months ago I had my labs drawn and I had a pretty good eGFR of 80 with a creatinine level of 1.12. But at the time I took about six weeks off from the gym due to stress and life keeping me away from the gym. When I'm not working out I don't take creatine. But now, three months later my eGFR dropped down to 58 and my creatinine levels hiked up to 1.46. I've also been back to the gym and working out pretty intensely for the past two and a half months.

I'm seeing my doctor next week. I hope we can safely deduce that my creatine intake and being back at the gym training hard six days a week is why my eGFR and creatinine levels have been affected. I just read that one should go off creatine two to three weeks before getting lab work to see more accurate numbers. I hope that's true.

Your story is interesting and all but the thread is several months old.

@Wacko314 unfortunately died.

Reaction score
Your story is interesting and all but the thread is several months old.

@Wacko314 unfortunately died.
My mistake. I just joined this site and was having an issue with the entire black background. It made it difficult to read and was hurting my eyes. I didn't see the OP's post date. I changed the style to white and can see a lot better.

Reaction score
My mistake. I just joined this site and was having an issue with the entire black background. It made it difficult to read and was hurting my eyes. I didn't see the OP's post date. I changed the style to white and can see a lot better.

UG Purple style was made to look exactly like MESO.

Reaction score
How'd this work out for you @Wacko314
Ran a bunch of tests and determined it was Gilbert's Syndrome. Which is a benign condition causing elevated levels of bilirubin. Likely due to menstruation.

My AST, ALT, eGFR and Creatinine were all within normal range when I was examined.

Reaction score

Yes, was taking creatine. I stopped shortly before going to get checked out. Values came back normal. Not sure whether creatine was the culprit or not.

Hope everything turned out okay with you!

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Ran a bunch of tests and determined it was Gilbert's Syndrome. Which is a benign condition causing elevated levels of bilirubin. Likely due to menstruation.

My AST, ALT, eGFR and Creatinine were all within normal range when I was examined.
youre female?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Menstruation? You are a woman? Just looking to confirm so I better understand this thread.