Reaction score
Welcome to the family brother

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI

TR90125

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I have shifted over to a greater focus on dropping body fat. I have lost 10 pounds which equates to 2 inches off my belly and 3 inches off each of my thighs. I wish it would come off my belly faster, but oh well. I did this by significantly increasing my cardio through mountain biking and sticking to 1700-2200 calories a day built on about 200 grams of protein and less than 100 grams of carbs. I was hoping to get my belly down to 30 inches and then try to focus more on gaining lean mass. My stomach currently measures 33 inches fasted so I have 3 inches more to lose. The worst part is I have not been lifting. I feel like I have accurately identified my TDEE and based on that plan on getting back in the gym and cutting back on the cardio. I fear some of my weight loss has been muscle, although keeping my test level over 1,000 has certainly helped avoid too much muscle loss.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I have shifted over to a greater focus on dropping body fat. I have lost 10 pounds which equates to 2 inches off my belly and 3 inches off each of my thighs. I wish it would come off my belly faster, but oh well. I did this by significantly increasing my cardio through mountain biking and sticking to 1700-2200 calories a day built on about 200 grams of protein and less than 100 grams of carbs. I was hoping to get my belly down to 30 inches and then try to focus more on gaining lean mass. My stomach currently measures 33 inches fasted so I have 3 inches more to lose. The worst part is I have not been lifting. I feel like I have accurately identified my TDEE and based on that plan on getting back in the gym and cutting back on the cardio. I fear some of my weight loss has been muscle, although keeping my test level over 1,000 has certainly helped avoid too much muscle loss.

Very nice! it sounds like you are doing a great job dropping the fat that you'd like. Keep up the great work! how long have you been out of the gym?

TR90125

Reaction score
Very nice! it sounds like you are doing a great job dropping the fat that you'd like. Keep up the great work! how long have you been out of the gym?

It has probably been 3 weeks since my first full week of lifting. Been doing 5-10 hours a week of mountain biking. I plan on getting back to the gym next week and cutting back on the cardio at the same time. As long as I watch my nutrition I should be ok.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A member on this forum, who shall remain nameless (Dfeaton) invited me over from a previous website.....so I figured why not.

I have been on HRT since August of 2009. Feel pretty well dialed in. Despite making great progress in overall fitness, appearance, strength etc., I do feel like I am kind of at a crossroads which, essentially comes down to resting on my laurels and cruising at my current fitness level or going all in and attaining a more elite level.

I recently quit drinking beer as I felt that was really, really holding me back from my goals and I feel signifcantly better since doing so. I have allowed myself up to two glasses of red wine only when dining out which works out to 2-4 glasses of wine weekly.

I think I have reached a point where I need to rethink my goals, reevaluate my current training and nutrition plans and redouble my efforts. When I look in the mirror I like what I see, but I also detect the makings of a badass if I step up and commit. I guess the simplest way to put it is I look great in a suit, but my body isn't really beach worthy yet.

So, I am here looking for additional tools, information and support.

Thanks!

Welcome to si tr. Have fun.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
TR, Welcome aboard and thank you so much for bringing up a sobering subject, excuse my pun. But, you reminded me of the lifestyle choice that I make every week. It’s f'ng hard to not go out to eat multiple times per week and to NOT drink alcohol (or at least greatly limit it).

There is a HUGE difference between 18%-20% body fat and dropping down under 14%. I struggle with all of this also recently giving drinking 4 or 5 days a week and now down to 1 day. Also, eating much cleaner.

I appreciate SI so much for bring together this community and helping us all to be the best we can be.

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI :)

New Threads