Shortage of 10mL test?

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey folks, quick question.

I just got back from the pharmacy for refilling my TRT script.

They gave me a 1mL, 200mg bottle of test.
For some of you, this would last less than a week.

I called them on this and they told me that they can't get 10mL bottles of test anymore.

Now, I would have no problem with this IF they allowed me to get 2000mg worth of it in 1mL bottles for the same price.
That's not the case. They're trying to charge me for each bottle.
As a result, my TRT cost increased 10x today.

Has anyone ran into this horse sh*t before?

Last edited:

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
YUP! My insurance now only gives me 2-2ml vials every month and NO ITS NOT A SHORTAGE OF 10 ML VIALS THEY ARE FULL OF IT! It is an insurance thing AT LEAST IN MY SITUATION.... but my pharmacist told me if i hot the good rx coupon and paid out of pocket i can get the full 10 ml vial and send i. A reimbursement claim to my insurqnce so ill do that once im done with what i have AND I NOW GET PADOCK NOT WATSON

Where do u get it filled

If u can get a paper script go thru either aps pharmacy or empower pharmacy online! Or have the script faxed to one of those places

Aps and empower both are compounding pharmacies and its like $30 or so after insurance depending on ur cost.....

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude that's crazy and bullshit

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I tell you what man, if my insurance company pulls that crap I'm going to self trt.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes Iron they are going to Fukn small vials... The assholes! My brother had 2ml vials of script.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I called a few pharmacies and was finally able to get some info from a mom+pop store.

This is what I learned, the INSURANCE companies are doing frequent audits of pharmacies for controlled substances. Test is one. What they're doing is taking a look at your prescription vs the amount you're being prescribed.

In my case 1mL e2w, a 10mL bottle would last me 20 weeks. The insurance company apparently sees this as a huge risk for A.) Abuse and B.) Spoilage.
I'm thinking they're mostly concerned about the latter.

So, when they see that you've got a 20 week supply, they're refusing to fill that amount and only giving you enough for a few weeks. This is in an attempt to get you to shell out even MORE money for the same stuff. This is a move to line the pockets of the insurance companies. j2048b is right.

For what it's worth, the cost of my TRT just went up 900%.
900, ****ing percent.

Last edited:

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
That's insane my brother man, I'm hoping my insurance hasn't started that crap.

I just got my blood work taken, so we will see what my results are here soon.

200mg biweekly is almost not enough for me, I'm dragging by the next shot

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Ow man buddy, I have some research to do. Thanks for the heads up and if I come up with anything, I'll let you know.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, quick question.

I just got back from the pharmacy for refilling my TRT script.

They gave me a 1mL, 200mg bottle of test.
For some of you, this would last less than a week.

I called them on this and they told me that they can't get 10mL bottles of test anymore.

Now, I would have no problem with this IF they allowed me to get 2000mg worth of it in 1mL bottles for the same price.
That's not the case. They're trying to charge me for each bottle.
As a result, my TRT cost increased 10x today.

Has anyone ran into this horse sh*t before?
Happened to me last time I went to pick up. I am pissed. They gave me 3ml. Tripled my cost.

Reaction score
Yea it sucks, my last refill was 2 1ml vials. And that's what my refill is also. I was getting 10ml for $68. Now I'm paying almost $15 per ml. An UG vial may be the ticket. but I prefer the USA pharmacy grade.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I call bullshit on their shortage, call me paranoid but it sounds like a conspiracy

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I call bullshit on their shortage, call me paranoid but it sounds like a conspiracy

Paranoid means they are out to get you. You're wrong, they're out to get all of us. ;)

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
I believe it

With all the beer bottles and whatever glass they make on a daily basis, they can't just fire up the machine and make more?

It's not like they are hand blown

New Threads